Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Held Prisoner at the Outlaws' Lair (built by my little bro)

This was built by my 11 year old brother.

After being ambushed by outlaws, Kendrick and his companions were taken to the robbers hideout.

Basil had managed to escape as the thieves didn't pay much attention to the goat. This proved to be a serious mistake as Basil followed the group to the outlaws lair. The captives were placed in the ruins of what seemed to be a tower:

prisoners.jpg

One of the outlaws prepared some food by the campfire while the other two made sure the prisoners were behaving themselves. As the two thieves headed back towards the campfire the one in the lead was head butted by Basil:

overview.jpg

headbutt.jpg

The bandit eating by the fire was very surprised, and rather amused, to see his two companions knocked over by the goat:

eating.jpg

Picking up his sword he walked toward Basil, still snickering at his friends' embarrassing fall:

ready.jpg

When the first thieves had been knocked over, one of them had dropped his knife within reach of Kendrick. Kendrick quickly started to cut his bonds on the knife. Meanwhile Basil knocked the third thief right into the fire!

charge.jpg

By now the first two thieves to fall were back on their feet and going after the goat. The unfortunate fellow who had been knocked into the fire tried to smother his burning clothes:

get-him.jpg

Kendrick had finished cutting his ropes now, and moved to free his friends:

untying.jpg

As he did so one of the thieves tackled Basil:

tackle.jpg

The bandits were in for a surprise though:

surprise.jpg

The outlaws were tied up then forced to walk with Kendrick and his friends as their prisoners:

prisoners2.jpg

Thanks for looking, my little brother would appreciate any feedback on the build.

The next scene of Kendrick's travels is coming soon and will be the biggest one yet!

What a sweet build, your younger brother has great talent, he should make an account! I love the ruins, and great story! The cactus also is wonderful, and adds a nice bit of color to this tan scene.

What a sweet build, your younger brother has great talent, he should make an account! I love the ruins, and great story! The cactus also is wonderful, and adds a nice bit of color to this tan scene.

Thanks Matthew! He will make an account when he gets a bit older :wink: I write the story for his builds (we come up with it together though), so I'm glad you liked it :laugh: I really liked his cactus too :classic:

What a nice little build and nice choice on colours to give it that desert atmosphere. The attacking goat is funny.

What a nice little build and nice choice on colours to give it that desert atmosphere. The attacking goat is funny.

Thanks, and attacking goats are funny as long as they don't attack you :laugh:

This is a wonderful build! Your little brother has a lot of talent :classic:

The ruins look great with the rockwork, and the small patches of grass brings color to the entire thing. The story's hillarious too, I'd love to have Basil as a sidekick :laugh:

Only one thing that struck me as a little off - the cactus is a nice little build, but it kind of looks too fat/big for the scene. It somehow pulls away the viewer's focus from the bigger scene. Just an opinion though :grin:

Very nice. Again your little brother showed that he's a big boy :sweet:

Seriously, it's great. I love the ruins... great job little bro!!! :thumbup:

This is a wonderful build! Your little brother has a lot of talent :classic:

The ruins look great with the rockwork, and the small patches of grass brings color to the entire thing. The story's hillarious too, I'd love to have Basil as a sidekick :laugh:

Only one thing that struck me as a little off - the cactus is a nice little build, but it kind of looks too fat/big for the scene. It somehow pulls away the viewer's focus from the bigger scene. Just an opinion though :grin:

Thank you very much for such a detailed comment, good point about the cactus too, it is rather fat :classic:

Very nice. Again your little brother showed that he's a big boy :sweet:

Seriously, it's great. I love the ruins... great job little bro!!! :thumbup:

Thank you, monsinjor :classic:

Nice build! Love the olive!

Thanks Infernum, those olive leaves are really useful :classic:

Your family sure has some building quality running trough their veins because this looks really good. The ruins are well done by using different bricks and colors and the minifig posing is also top notch. :thumbup:

Your family sure has some building quality running trough their veins because this looks really good. The ruins are well done by using different bricks and colors and the minifig posing is also top notch. :thumbup:

Thanks Ecc!

Your little bro proves once more that he can MOC with the big boys. I really like the color scheme of the ruins. How old is he?

Your little bro proves once more that he can MOC with the big boys. I really like the color scheme of the ruins. How old is he?

Thanks! And he's 11 :classic:

Wow, your little bro is almost a better builder than me! I love how detailed his build is. Tell him good job for me. Oh, and do you know how long he spent on it?

CCG

Isaac, get your bro involved in GOH. Seriously. Hes gonna be the best by the time hes an afol.

Sweet Moc

Wow, your little bro is almost a better builder than me! I love how detailed his build is. Tell him good job for me. Oh, and do you know how long he spent on it?

CCG

Thanks, and I believe he built this over 3-4 days :classic:

Isaac, get your bro involved in GOH. Seriously. Hes gonna be the best by the time hes an afol.

Sweet Moc

I will, just waiting for him to get a little bit older. I already show him lots of the MOCs though, and keep him updated on what's going on in GoH :classic:

Maybe if it were a darker colour and/or behing a piece of wall it would be fine. It's a nice cactus.