Emma

Nocturnus Tribes: The Drakarkan

10011611415_92562b1ec4_o.jpg

Along the northern bluffs, deep below the dark waters, lies the vast kingdom belonging to the Drakarkan. A tribe of several hundred of these half man/half fish occupy the endless underwater caverns. It is said that they can control the sea and command the monstrous creatures in it - many ships have met their doom attempting to sail across the north coast of Nocturnus.

10011362314_fcaa42d6f0_o.jpg

They also hunt those foolish enough to seek treasure in the caves along the coast - those glints of red are not the shimmer of precious rubies...

10011435606_29d6e97bdf_z.jpg

The Drakarkan collect the bones of their victims and bind them with the skeletons of sea creatures to create more of their kind. They believe that one day they will have the strength to raise the oceans and conquer the world - for now they continue to assemble their host.

10011401815_4c134ee9ef_z.jpg

Woot! I got a tribe build done (I hope I haven't encroached upon a claimed location and that these guys fit in with the the Nocturnus feels :grin: ) - I had some fun playing around with the lighting - trying to create a bit of atmosphere... Here is a brighter picture of the build by itself so you can see a bit more of what it consists of. Comments/criticism always appreciated.

Wow - you've got some great atmosphere in your shots! :thumbup: Creating underwater scenes in Lego is a real challange, but the way your Drakarkan are posed they really look as though they are swimming. The heads look amazing too with thier protroubent looking, glowing eyes - customs i take it?

That's amazing! It's a great build that really evokes an underwater civilization, and the figs are brilliant- love the guy with two heads! Great story too. I would have never thought to do a tribe like this, and it's not the standard merpeople thing either, which I love! Skeleton merpeople, that's awesome.

These look great! I love the atmosphere you created, very creepy, but perfect for Nocturnus. Excellent idea and execution, the Drakarkan are a force to be reckoned with!

As Gabe said you really captured an underwater feel well in that section of the build :thumbup: Very scary looking figs, perfect for Nocturnus :classic:

Well done! I like seeing under the surface in these types of builds and the columns look fitting. I also like the idea behind this tribe. :classic:

Bam!

Awesome. This is going to be one tough entry to beat. Great work with the lighting, the dark pictures really enhance the MOC.

Better get your tribes in if you want to take down Emma boys!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

- customs i take it?

Yup - my first try at customizing too - I'm somewhat surprised that they turned out quite well (although, the dark/shadowy lighting does help the appearance, lol)

Better get your tribes in if you want to take down Emma boys!

That's right fellas - get cracking!

This is one of the most awesome builds I've seen! The whole scene really tells a story, and the lighting gives this ethereal feeling that sends a chill down your spine...

I can already imagine an entire underwater kingdom of Drakarkans :purrr:

Fantastic tribe, figures and photos!

Is the best entry in my opinion, the back story is also great.

Compliments on the job. :thumbup:

Thank you for the comments :blush: . I'm glad you guys/girls like it and that I was able to get a good amount of creepy across. The lighting was really fun to play with (although would have been more so if I had a spare set of batteries...). Now, back to catching up on commenting...

Wow that is awesome! Fantastic tribe, great idea! I love the ruins in the ocean, and the lighting adds a spooky atmosphere! :D

Man these are potentially the scariest lego figs ive ever seen! Well done, good luck!

Very, very awesome. I think I'll try to work this tribe in when building in Nochty....

Well played!