I am very lucky to be partaking in part of a collaboration at STEAM 2013 along with 7 other fantastic British builders. We are building a medieval village, circa early 14th century.

James has already posted his castle.

My section is an abbey, loosely based on Tintern Abbey in Wales. Below is a selection of photos (I will add more after the show):

9965700574_313ec7946a_c.jpg

Ashes to Ashes by Cuahchic, on Flickr

9984597103_957a9c137a_c.jpg

Nicholas fitz Theodoric by Cuahchic, on Flickr

9998834953_c7138e6c00_c.jpg

Monks Procession by Cuahchic, on Flickr

I would encourage anyone based in the UK to make it along to Swindon this year to see the whole display (>14 metres squared).

Wow! Incredible color choices and some of the best mosaics I've ever seen! Love the foliage and the inclusion of burnt orange in the ground work! :wub:

One of the, if not the most impressive LEGO cathedral I've seen :wub: The landscape is excellent and the cathedral being set at an angle is great :thumbup: The walls being built out of plates and tiles gives a very realistic feel and the stain glass windows are magnificent. Each piece of the display that I've seen has been tremendous, I wish I could fly to England to see them all hooked together :classic:

Fantastic! You've really captured the abbey in striking detail. I had a boo at the castle, and I can already tell that this thing will be great! :wink:

Wow. I have to admit here that these are the best medieval windows I've seen so far. Why? Well because of the shape you gave them, I never remeber seing another EB member doing such a thing and of course the mosaics! I really like the cemetary by the way. Well done!

This is so amazing, I don't know where to start! From that cemetery, to all those stained glass windows, this creation is just fantastic!

Those stained glass windows are just masterful! I love the lion window, you should do windows for all the lego crest designs, that'd be amazing. :wub: Have fun showing off your wonderful work at STEAM! :thumbup:

Stunning, the use of the plates gives it a nice texture and those windows are beauties, well done!

Absolutely amazing!

I wouldn´t have thought it possible to do a window like this lion crest.

I also like the burial scene, it´s a very nice detail.

Very impressive how it is fitted into the landscape at an angle.

The roof is made of 2x2 tiles on plates?

Awesome build and amazing windows, looking forward to seeing this tomorrow set up alongside mine!

Fantastic build! Those window frames and stained glass are some of the best I've seen :classic:

I am utterly stunned and blown away by this build. The stained glass alone means you could charge admission to this thread and it would be worth it!

Oh my god, that is stunning! Those windows are beautiful and perfect, really like the whole abbey, excellent MOC!

Holy wow!!!! Those stained glass windows are a masterful piece of beauty!! The whole MOC is astonishing, I stared at the photos for a long time! I love the cemetery also, some very clever parts usage there and the abbey itself is of course amazing too! :wub_drool:

I wish I were in the UK to see it 'live' altogether! Happy building :laugh: