Sign in to follow this  
Missing Brick

The Attack On Operations

A Lego rendition of the famous scene from James Cameron's 1986 movie 'Aliens'.

------------------------------

"They cut the power..... What do you mean 'they cut the power'? How can they cut the power? They're animals!"

9988999354_07e1e28627_c.jpg

"Hudson, I want you and Vasquez walking the perimeter with motion trackers. We can't afford to let one of those b@stards in here"

9988994575_64bf19939e_c.jpg

"I've got signals ... definitely inside the barricades. They're in here... There's movement all over the place!"

9989045476_859ba4072e_c.jpg

"Vasquez?  .... Hudson may be right".

9989118183_920b696e8f_c.jpg

Get back to operations!!

9989117353_0942aa1785_c.jpg

Seal the lock!

9989040336_d41bf3f083_c.jpg

"Signals clean. Range 20 meters....Six meters... five.. four... what the hell?"

9988985565_1435e8282c_c.jpg

9989036076_69cb183639_c.jpg

9546308436_2e2d6b7e7a_c.jpg

9989110053_ec50863d6f_c.jpg

Custom aliens minifigs by Matthias aka Blacktron http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58464&st=25

Edited by Missing Brick

Very cool build and photography.

I just watched the four Alien movies like weekend :classic:

Thanks guys. The lighting was tricky. In the movie the scene is mostly illuminated by red light only. But photo's look really flat and boring if you only use red light - so the trick is to have a red background and pick out the foreground details with white light. So much time was spent messing around with LED torches.

Hey! I have to said that its get better each time! Your light work is really clever, I think you own all of our respect for this iconic scene. I wish to see something with the cat (I always forget its name). Well done, again.

They're getting better and better. Your command center is great and I love the outside corridor too. The pictures of Hudson and Vasquez standing in the corridor, reading their motiontrackers are just fantastic. Looks like freeze frames from a stop motion picture. Your lightning is also perfection. I still feel very honored to see those custom build minifigures in your dioramas. It gives me motivation for my colonial marines project. You present and showcase them in a perfect way.

The only minifigure I'm not so sure about is Burke, but I know this guy is very difficult to build.

These pics are always so awesome. Very impressive, you really nailed those scenes.

I just love how you built the operations center. Would you mind sharing a pic of the complete MOC like you did with Newt's Rescue?

Thanks guys. Yes, Burke is a hard character to make with standard parts: Needs a blue check shirt with dark tan sleeveless jacket. Closest I could find was that dark blue and tan combo from #76006 Iron Man sea port battle.

4522118_std.jpg

Elrond, unfortunately it's hard to photograph the whole MOC since it's basically a solid 32x32 box with a hole for the camera and a bit of corridoor tacked on the side - so not much to look at from the outside. I think I covered most of the best views. But I'll see if I can take an overall shot in the daylight.

Thanks guys. Yes, Burke is a hard character to make with standard parts: Needs a blue check shirt with dark tan sleeveless jacket. Closest I could find was that dark blue and tan combo from #76006 Iron Man sea port battle.

4522118_std.jpg

Elrond, unfortunately it's hard to photograph the whole MOC since it's basically a solid 32x32 box with a hole for the camera and a bit of corridoor tacked on the side - so not much to look at from the outside. I think I covered most of the best views. But I'll see if I can take an overall shot in the daylight.

How about the Marty minifig from the BTTF CUUSOO set?

lego-delorean-jul13-m.jpg

The colours are a bit off (maybe that can be corrected with the lighting) but the outfits are rather similar.

Ah too bad, but I don't want you to tear it apart. :wink: Thank you anyway.

This is an excellent series. I loved Saddle Up Apone, but this is even better. The lighting is superb, the sets accurate and evocative, but I think it's the sense of impending doom as I went through the series of pictures that really, really impressed.

I can't wait to see what you come up with next.....

@Elrond. Yes, if they could just make a Marty with a dark tan jacket he'd be perfect.

@eurotrash. Thanks. I might try my hand at an Aliens dropship. There's alot of great dropship builds out there, but I think there's a gap in the market for a movie-accurate minifig-scale dropship that can accept a 14-wide Larry Lars APC - partly because it would be a metre long...... I may be some time :)