LegoFan82

MOC: LEGO GRAND MUSEUM

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting an MOC. I decided to build a Lego Museum with the inspiration from the Lego City Museum Set.

This is a 32x32 modular. Sorry for my lousy photography and pardon my sometimes amatuerish building techniques as i had to make do with what i had (a lot of times i had to forgo ideas through a lack of parts which partly explains why the 2nd and 3rd floors are tileless...)

Hope you enjoy my work.

Indiana Jones: "Thanks Marion for sending me to the Museum...lots of work to be done"

IMG_5405_zps86853f03.jpg

Indiana Jones: "I will see you later babe"

IMG_5363_zpsea22551d.jpg

Time to get to work

IMG_5365_zps78c468c0.jpg

Why am i the only one here today?

IMG_5366_zps0ccee015.jpg

Alot of bling here...wonder if i could get my hands on that bowl...could put my goldfish in it..

IMG_5367_zps6f60845a.jpg

Ancient Soldier Statues...never really liked them..

IMG_5368_zps9c00255a.jpg

Good thing i didnt steal that bowl, let me have a word with the security on whats up the second floor..

IMG_5369_zpsc4a25461.jpg

But before that let me check around the back...nothing much to see here..hmm.

IMG_5370_zps64d0949a.jpg

Up we go to the second floor.... what? a secuirity cam in the 1920s??? oh and that horse head looks weird..

IMG_5371_zps70cd2480.jpg

Now we are talking.... the main attraction...thats the painting that is worth 100 million? you gotta be kidding..i can paint better than that..

IMG_5372_zps08f772a4.jpg

Its tiring work, time to take a break...oh look there is a feedback box next to my bench...

IMG_5373_zps7fe15d68.jpg

Ah, the classic mummy and his scorpion friend...seen to many of these in my expeditions..

IMG_5374_zpsc456ef3f.jpg

Time to find the curator's office...wow he sure has one big office...

IMG_5376_zps112080f0.jpg

Let me try his grand piano even though i cant play for nuts

IMG_5378_zpsaa441238.jpg

ok time to find out more from the man..

IMG_5380_zps00715922.jpg

Help myself to some of his alcohol..always good...

IMG_5381_zpsf38ab483.jpg

oh and what a view he has from his private balcony..

IMG_5409_zps954b81ed.jpg

Let me check out the roof (with the kind permission of the curator of course)

IMG_5387_zpse00bf5f0.jpg

and i found a friend....

IMG_5390_zpsb002ac33.jpg

I need to make sure before i leave that i can find a way back in tonight...

IMG_5386_zps9e895b77.jpg

wow suddenly it became crowded but lovely Marion is still waiting for me :)

IMG_5412_zps052b82ce.jpg

Wow! Looks great! Really like the details inside. Especially the 1st floor looks very authentic. Brick on ;)

This is great! I particularly like the front entrances and the interior of the ground floor. I also like how you've presented it from Indiana Jones' perspective.

It fits in nicely between the Fire brigade and Town Hall, too. Well done!

Well thought out and executed. I like that you based it loosely on City Museum set, plenty of detail on the facade and I love the detail in the interior!

Great work and happy building :laugh:

It's really well done and stuffed full of exhibits. The facade is interesting and it fits in with the other modulars.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Fantastic MOC 'LegoFan82'! :sweet:

I love the concept! And, your execution of it looks amazing. From the artifacts, to the piano, to the balcony... Darn, I really want this as a set! :drool:

You should definitely consider putting it on Cuusoo.

Very impressive. Lots of little details. Your facade is really great, the parts usage gives lots of texture and interest. The first floor is really nice and detiled, but all the little things, the security camera on tha second floor (?) and he down spout, lots of detils to add to he realizism, and it fits in well with the other modulars.

Andy D

Many intersting details. I really like the first floor with the exhibition and enjoy the work you did for the painting of the City set of this year. I also have to mention the nice color choice, it is well fit in your city strip. Well done.

Thank you all for the encouraging comments, gives me some confidence to start on another project...hopefully soon.

Any suggestions? some inspiration needed..

Well done! maybe you could make a Hospital?

Thanks Nelson. Hospital is definitely on the radar but i am not too fond of white bricks (as they tend to turn yellow fast) unless i do a hospital in non-white...may do a cafe or a diner or perhaps a hotel next

This is my first time posting an MOC. I decided to build a Lego Museum with the inspiration from the Lego City Museum Set.

Fantastic! I have similar plans for the future, but this has provided even more ideas :)

Thanks for the kind words guys...now that the restaurant is released by Lego, guess i may do something else instead...