Pandora

The Town Square: Talk to the Town Staff

Hello Townsfolk!

We thought it would be nice to have a General Discussion topic. A topic where you can make suggestions to us, we can discuss things with you all, and where we can make small announcements relating to the Town Forum.

This is where we'd love to hear about the things you like about the Town Forum, suggestions of things you'd like to see (or see more of), and where we can announce any changes to the Forum or give news about upcoming contests and events.

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

The Town Staff.

The Eurobricks Town forum the place for everyday life in minifigure/minidoll scale. I have moved out recent (threads posted in August and September) mini- or microscale MOCs. Those should be posted in the Special Themes forum from now on, where they fit in nicely with themes such as Architecture, the Mini Modulars and non-minifig scale landmarks such as the Tower Bridge and the Sydney Opera House.

I have only moved recent threads, but if you - for some reason - would like to have an older MOC moved over to Special Themes, just let us know.

Where do minifig scale Creator Houses and the like go?

How about a building that looks like a structrue from the mid-east?

Andy D

Where do minifig scale Creator Houses and the like go?

We plan to host (reviews of) future Creator Houses here as well, exactly because they're everyday life in minifig scale.

That's difficult to answer because it depends on how well it ties in with a historical/action/licensed theme. But if it's a contemporary building, it could fit in the Town forum.

Andy D

That's difficult to answer because it depends on how well it ties in with a historical/action/licensed theme. But if it's a contemporary building, it could fit in the Town forum.

Think old Marakesh Morocco. What I am working on is a semi-modular, stackable structure.

BTW: I guess Winter Village Still goes in Town.

Also a Halloween display with a lot of Monster Fighters should go in the Action Forum (like Monster Fighters) I guess.

I just want to make sure I put stuff in the right place.

Andy D

Think old Marakesh Morocco. What I am working on is a semi-modular, stackable structure.

In the end, I guess it all depends on the time period you set your MOC in. If it's set in relatively recent times then Town's the place to post it. If you're ready to post and you're unsure about where to post it, just send a staff member a PM (or just post it and we'll move it to the appropriate place if necessary).

BTW: I guess Winter Village Still goes in Town.

Yup.

Also a Halloween display with a lot of Monster Fighters should go in the Action Forum (like Monster Fighters) I guess.

Yes, that would tie in nicely with the Monster Fighters theme which is covered by the Action Themes forum.

Hi all,

One thing I'd like to see is monthly/bi monthly build contests/funtests. Someone or a Mod could pick a random 'seed' piece and we have to feature that part in the given subject be it vehicles, buildings, animal etc. There doesn't have to be voting just a little something new to do which could involve all of us as a group.

Cheers Brendan

One thing I'd like to see is monthly/bi monthly build contests/funtests.

I agree - it would seem like a fun idea. It doesn't even need prizes (maybe just icons added to your profile).

One thing I don 't is the strict separation between town and trains - after all, trains are an integral part of the world we live in. I have a town layout for which I recently built a train station, and this is the only part of my layout that I had to show in another forum, which is strange. What would a town be without a station?

One thing I don 't is the strict separation between town and trains - after all, trains are an integral part of the world we live in. I have a town layout for which I recently built a train station, and this is the only part of my layout that I had to show in another forum, which is strange. What would a town be without a station?

Town and Trains used to be combined in one forum, but a couple of years ago TheBrickster set up the Train Tech forum. Discussions in Train Tech also focus on the technical aspects of trains, so there is a difference in target audience. This doesn't mean a lot of Town fans are Train fans as well, of course. :wink:

Hi, Town Staff!

This subforum is the only one I visit frequently, and I like it the way it is. However, this doesn't mean it cannot be improved. Inclusion of Creator Houses to Town is a nice addition.

All in all, thanks and keep up the good work!

Hi all,

One thing I'd like to see is monthly/bi monthly build contests/funtests. Someone or a Mod could pick a random 'seed' piece and we have to feature that part in the given subject be it vehicles, buildings, animal etc. There doesn't have to be voting just a little something new to do which could involve all of us as a group.

Cheers Brendan

Hmm, contests eh? Funnily enough we might have a few coming up, but I like the idea of having a "seed piece" too. Maybe we'll come up with something. :grin:

I agree - it would seem like a fun idea. It doesn't even need prizes (maybe just icons added to your profile).

We have tags too, if that's what you mean. We could possibly even make some more.. :look:

Hi, Town Staff!

This subforum is the only one I visit frequently, and I like it the way it is. However, this doesn't mean it cannot be improved. Inclusion of Creator Houses to Town is a nice addition.

All in all, thanks and keep up the good work!

Positive feedback is welcome too; it's nice we're doing the stuff you guys like. Thank you for your encouragement. :sweet:

Ah, now here is a good question.....what about builds connected with 1950's/60's town plan scale/designs......where do they go ? :wink:

Ah, now here is a good question.....what about builds connected with 1950's/60's town plan scale/designs......where do they go ? :wink:

Where do you think? :wink:

I'd like to see more of the members city/town layout in one consolidated thread that's stickied. Seem to come across one before, but it's hard to find :( with all the usual threads in the town forum

I'd like to see more of the members city/town layout in one consolidated thread that's stickied. Seem to come across one before, but it's hard to find :( with all the usual threads in the town forum

The Town Layout index is linked in Main Street, the main Town forum index.

Hi gang,

You can delete this topic if necessary, but im wondering if we will ever run another Modular Madness competition? the last one was super fantastic, and im sure another would be very popular

the last one ended around July 2012, so perhaps the next one could end July 2014.

anyone considered making it an annual event?

jig

You can delete this topic if necessary, but im wondering if we will ever run another Modular Madness competition? the last one was super fantastic, and im sure another would be very popular

I have merged it with "The Town Square" (general discussion) thread instead. :wink:

It was a great success indeed and we are considering running another one, but don't expect it before Spring 2014.

Since this topic got bumped....

The Town Layout index is linked in Main Street, the main Town forum index.

Will this ever get updated? I asked for my layout to be added months ago and didn't get a reply. And it seems none of the other layouts have been updated for months/even years, despite there being updates posted (Caster-Troy's layout for example). It'd be great to see the appropriate layouts updated and new ones added, I love seeing layouts and seeing them progress throughout time...

Thanks for all your hard work though, it is much appreciated :sweet:

It'd be great to see the appropriate layouts updated and new ones added, I love seeing layouts and seeing them progress throughout time...

Have a look at the new Town Layout Index. You can add your own town layout(s) to the index and we'll create an entry for you in the index post. If there are any questions, please ask them here.

Thanks Rick, that's a great idea!! I'm off to add my town! Thanks again :classic:

P.S. I like your little town BTW :laugh:

Edited by timmyc1983

- This thread is to be used for indexing only. Any other posts will be moved or deleted.

As a newcomer, venturing dangerously on the path of designing and creating my first lego city, this thread is pretty inspirational!

... and only to be used for indexing. :wink:

I've moved your post here.

If the town team are thinking of a build competition in the near future, I think there is real potential for working carnival rides which can be packed onto trucks to link in with the launch of the new Carnival set.

Thoughts on this?

Edited by paul_delahaye