Rufus

NEWS 10241 Maersk Line Triple-E

gallery_6705_159_29523.jpg

10241 Maersk Line Triple-E

Ages 12+. 1,518 pieces.

Build the Maersk ‘Triple-E’ container vessel – a true giant of the seas!

US $149.99 - CA $179.99 - DE 129.99 € - UK 109.99 £ - DK 1199.00 DKK

Presenting the largest ship in the world – the record-breaking Maersk ‘Triple-E.’ Built from over 1,500 bricks, the model recreates the real vessel in amazing detail. Our LEGO® designers have included rare colors such as medium azur, dark red, sand blue and sand green. There are rotating gold-colored screw blades leading to the brick-built twin propeller engines, which you can view through the window built into the port side of the ship. You can even customize it by adding or removing the containers. This authentic set includes a display stand and fact plaque with detailed information about the ship and, as a finishing touch, there’s the gold coin that is added under the mast of all Maersk Line ships for good luck on their voyages. This model is perfect for LEGO fans!

• Features include rotating gold-colored propeller blades, brick-built twin 8-cylinder engines, viewing window into the engine compartment, adjustable rudders, detachable lifeboats, removable containers, rotating crane arms and a special ‘good luck’ coin
  • Includes rare medium azur, dark red, sand blue and sand green colored elements
  • Play with the model on carpeted surfaces or mount the model on the display stand
  • Building instructions also include interesting facts about the real ship
  • Includes 1,518 bricks
  • Ship (mounted on stand) measures over 8” (21cm) high, 25” (65cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning January 2014 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346

European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111

All pictures are clickable for high-resolution versions

gallery_6705_159_26582.jpg

gallery_6705_159_141306.jpg

gallery_6705_159_86038.jpg

gallery_6705_159_20666.jpg

Plaque

gallery_6705_159_23419.jpg

Engine

gallery_6705_159_116745.jpg

Engine in situ

gallery_6705_159_322553.jpg

Lifeboat

gallery_6705_159_158269.jpg

Bow

gallery_6705_159_65583.jpg

Mast

gallery_6705_159_87499.jpg

Stern

gallery_6705_159_56189.jpg

Rear view

Looks pretty decent but I cant imagine i will get one, It seems a little drab and unexciting, Plus surely they are not stickers *oh2* . Nice try though.

Wow, this is cool!

It's nice to see the Lifeguard accessory (I forget the name...) in orange! And all that azure!

:wub: Probably won't get it, though.

-Sci

According to the designer video, you can play with the containers (move them around) and have your friends look through the window.

Awesome play features, that's for sure.

What a great model, although there is no chance in me buying that unless l win the lottery as I'm saving up for all of the other great themes this and next year. Although my only gripe with this model is holey moley, how many stickers :laugh: (l can imagine some being fussy about having to stick the same sticker over multiple bricks), but congratulations to the designer for creating such a wonderful model :classic:

Absolutely love it. I realise it's not everyone's cup of tea but I love this kind of thing. I already have 10155 Maersk Line Container Ship so they will look great together. Some awesome colours included and I love the gold coin touch, as well as the window into the engine compartment.

It is a nice enough model, but I would have rather had a model of a smaller ship in Mini-fig scale so it could be used in interactions with other sets.

medium azur = Maersk Blue?!? or not?

I've been collecting both recently and they are not the same. Very similar but different. I'd say that the Medium Azur is like a gloss version of the Maersk Blue being the Matt equivalent.

Wow, that looks really nice. Very clean and the color scheme is great! I must say, it is really nice, but the price is gonna be HIGH. Other than that, it looks like an awesome set, with some great pieces! That is a lot of stickers as well.

AWESOME design.......a non-SW UCS build.....cool ! :grin:

I like the part that it can be played with or just displayed.....plus the window into the engine room. :wink:

Though the only draw back.......the DSS.....there are a lot of little stickers for those containers. :blush:

It'll be interested to see how successful this is. It looks good and impressive, but I dread to think how many freakin' stickers...

Well, this will end up in the collection pretty soon. Absolutely beautiful set. The amount of detail put into it is great, and I'm always a fan of sets that have a high display quality to them. :wub:

Fantastic model and also a great tribute from Lego.

Maersk Line is part of the A.P. Møller Maersk group which is Denmarks largest industry company. The container shipping line has for the last decades again and again set the record for largest container vessels.

The old shipowner Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller which was the wealthiest man in Denmark and the the 3th generation in the company died in 2012 at age 98 while still active at the company.

At the time these new record breaking Triple-E’ container vessel was already being build and the first one ready to go in to the line was therefore named after him and it is that ship that is featured on this model.

Oh wow! :pir-oh: Just saw this earlier today, but I didn't think it was an official set. I've got the Maersk Train, so this would look pretty great...

And way too many stickers! :hmpf:

This is definitely on the want list! My wife works for DP world as an Equipment controller so she is in the business... We have the older version so this will be a must have for her.

We have the older version so this will be a must have for her. Lots of stickers for me to apply for her :/ such a shame they are over multiple bricks

Edited by TanTile

Wow! This looks beautiful! Congratulations Jamie and TLG!

My only question is how it will look built next to the previous one? Will the two blues, azure and Maersk, look okay together?

The little details are wonderful, and this is an important ship for sure!

I got more depressed the more I scrolled, so many STAMPs :cry_sad: I miss real maersk blue even more now.

Yup, that's what kills the set completely for me. I thought LEGO was done with doing STAMPs. :sceptic:

I am usually very keen in getting the largest sets. However, I will probably pass this one as the building experience seems to be rather repititive. I am also not keen on using stickers, let alone STAMPS. I wonder if TLG could not have found a way to print them, taking into account the number of containers.

Looks very good but way too many stickers.

Stickers aren't fun, it's always a pain trying to get them lined up and blemish free. STAMPs are a particular abomination.

I'm not really sold on the viewing window. Is this an optional part of the build?

Impressive model with some great details but let down by the excessive use of stickers.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Stickers aren't fun, it's always a pain trying to get them lined up and blemish free.

You know it. :hmpf_bad:

Is that a new piece used on the mast?