They have another name which is easier to remember -- white whales.

Have a look here or you need to see them in person in the Arctic.

Enjoy.

9865624415_2acbcfe537_c.jpg

9865613624_13917a130f_c.jpg

9865635226_82efc5e8bd_c.jpg

9865722013_e7e99183f5_c.jpg

9865598615_6d5c22ecf8_c.jpg

these are sweet, saw the Beluga's in Chicago at Shedd Aquarium, beautiful creatures, you did a fantastic job...are they solid or hollow? How big are these? Would love to be able to make one of these myself, my kids are always wondering why TLG doesn't come out with a line like this similar to the Architecture line. Animals done like yours show this can be done right and I think they would be a money maker, TLG needs to hit this site and see the amazing builds.

are they solid or hollow? How big are these? Would love to be able to make one of these myself, my kids are always wondering why TLG doesn't come out with a line like this similar to the Architecture line. Animals done like yours show this can be done right and I think they would be a money maker, TLG needs to hit this site and see the amazing builds.

They are 2 feet long (or 80 studs long) and they are hollow though there are really many layers of plates.

A trestle made of bricks is built therein. I don't think TLG will ever create a line like this. It is simply non-profitable. Sculptures consume tons of bricks.

These are nice, are they for any particular reason such as a show, or just because you can?

You may probably notice that some other arctic animals appeare in this forum of "Special LEGO Themes" recently. Yes, we are in the same showcase and the function, which shall end very soon, is held in Hong Kong.

Edited by skcheung

Hello!

Very realistic modeling of those whales! What impresses me most is the motion you can see in the tail and fin. It was very clever to build two of them, each of them exactly in the turning point of forward propelling position of tail and fin. This way you can really "see" them swimming forwards. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Christopher

Incredible and very realistic. I like how you made each different with one with an arching back and the other with the tail up in the air. How long did it take you to make this and what was the method that you used to build it?

Do you think you might be able to build a smaller version? I am just wondering, I would love to build one of these for myself, just really like them, would love to see how you do a squid or octopus as well.

How long did it take you to make this and what was the method that you used to build it?

Approximately 24 hours each. I first draw outlines so that I can determine how I build the trestle which is shown as follows: (Note that this is only the first build. It is much smaller than the final product):

10056101725_797fea2218_c.jpg

Do you think you might be able to build a smaller version?

Yes, actually I have intended to build smaller whales in the first instance. The picture below is for your reference, though they are not yet completed:

10056209983_5a3d4e5abb_c.jpg

They look cuter and are very much like baby whales. However, I am soon notified to build larger whales and thus they finally become what you have seen.

This is fantastic.  My grandson is all consumed by Belugas.  Do you have  a schematic or directions to construct them?