Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Knor I

This is for the SHIPtember contest on Flickr. The contest is to design and build a SHIP (Super Huge Investment in Parts, a spaceship that is over 100 studs long) in the month of September. The minifig scale freighter I built weighs near 11 pounds, is 110 studs long, and is surprisingly sturdy. Some notable features: working overhead cranes, opening doors, a full interior, two small transport vehicles, and working landing gear.

The Knor I is a middle class freighter that carries a four man crew. It's two small transport vehicles are docked at the landing pad in front of the bridge. With dual overhead cranes and loading docks the Knor I can load or unload its cargo quickly and efficiently. Numerous solar panels provide power for the large engines.

overview.JPG

left.jpg

angled-back.JPG

Lots more pics can be seen here: link

All C&C appreciated :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Great ship, Love the Engine detail!

Thanks Rast, the engines were fun to build :classic:

Nice ship, i like design.

And cool windows (SNOT?)

Thank you, and the windows are stacks of 1x2 clear bricks with headlight bricks on their sides above and below the clear bricks :classic:

Original ! excellent ! cool! love it! :D You really put the SHIP in SHIPtember!

Edited by Guss

Original ! excellent ! cool! love it! :D You really put the SHIP in SHIPtember!

Thanks! I really enjoyed seeing your SHIP progress so I'm glad you like mine :classic:

You can build Historic MOC's AND Sci-Fi MOC's!? That's just rubbing it in. Great work on the rounded bow, it looks fantastic!

Well I strongly believe in trying different themes, helps you develop as a builder (just don't spend too much time away from Historica :wink: ) Glad you like the bow, that was probably the most difficult part to build :classic:

This is so cool SK! Love the color scheme, bridge, and crane! :classic::thumbup:

Thanks Infernum, it was definitely a lot different than building castle, but it turned out almost exactly how I wanted it to :classic:

Very nice and huge moc. It looks like a navy submarine. You did an excellent job designing the hull and the engines in the back.

Very nice and huge moc. It looks like a navy submarine. You did an excellent job designing the hull and the engines in the back.

Thanks!

Excellent original space craft 'soccerkid6', I like the two smaller transports.......great job and Brick On 'soccerkid6' ! :grin:

Thanks lightningtiger :classic:

It's nice to see people build outside of their usual theme. It appears that you are an incredibly talented artist no matter what you make.

A ship of a SHIP, I hadn't even thought of that. :laugh:

Very nice and different. Most of the SHIPS I've seen this month tend to the thin and slender microscale side, so this realish chunky minfig scale? creation is quite refreshing.

If I have any critique, it is perhaps that the cranes seem a little less incorporated (or tacked on) and skinny than they could be. Maybe some additional structure or complexity would make it more interesting and more structurally believable.

Good job anyway. I don't think I have enough devotion to SHIP. Maybe someday?

It's nice to see people build outside of their usual theme. It appears that you are an incredibly talented artist no matter what you make.

A ship of a SHIP, I hadn't even thought of that. :laugh:

Thank you :classic:

Very nice and different. Most of the SHIPS I've seen this month tend to the thin and slender microscale side, so this realish chunky minfig scale? creation is quite refreshing.

If I have any critique, it is perhaps that the cranes seem a little less incorporated (or tacked on) and skinny than they could be. Maybe some additional structure or complexity would make it more interesting and more structurally believable.

Good job anyway. I don't think I have enough devotion to SHIP. Maybe someday?

Thanks! Good point about the cranes, I was mainly focusing on having them work, and should have added some cross bracing at the ends or something :classic:

Wow, I think it looks like a modern freighter crossed with a starwars ship, great job, the front looks really cool but the back I'd say is more deataled.

This ship could be placed also in a lego town ...great work!

Wow, I think it looks like a modern freighter crossed with a starwars ship, great job, the front looks really cool but the back I'd say is more deataled.

Thank you :classic: