For those of you who do not know, Pingu is a clay-animated TV series created by Otmar Gutmann in 1986. It is about a little penguin named Pingu and his family and friends, that all work and live in igloos on the South Pole. Pingu often goes on adventure with his little sister Pinga and his seal friend Robby. As a kid Pingu was one of my favourite shows on TV, and still today I love the humour and the unique style of it.

In the scene below you see Pingu's father, mother and little sister Pinga, and Pingu himself. Pingu is sitting on his fathers "mail snowscooter". I have created custom stickers for their chests and their eyes.

I have also created a Cuusoo project out of it, which you can check out here.

9826113564_9f50d03d34_z.jpg

Larger image can be seen on my flickr.

That is brilliant! My daughter has watched it some on netflix. These look exactly like the characters. I'm almost scared to show her this because then she'll want me to build them haha.

Keep up the great work. I hope to see more!

That is so like Pingu! Congratulations and good luck on Cuusoo

Thank you! :sweet:

That is brilliant! My daughter has watched it some on netflix. These look exactly like the characters. I'm almost scared to show her this because then she'll want me to build them haha.

Keep up the great work. I hope to see more!

Thanks! That is great to hear! :laugh:

Wow! As the others have said, really look-a-like! Very good job there `LegoJalex`. Good luck on Cusoo!

I liked that series very much and this is a very good moc of it. Well done!

I have to agree with the other comments - you've done an amazing job matching the likeness of the characters - and the rest of the moc is great too.

Now this brings back some memories! I recognised it right away. I guess Duplo would be more suitable for this theme but I'd still buy a copy if Lego would release this.

Although I really don't like every cool MOC ending on CUUSOO I agree that this is an excelent MOC. Instantly recognizable and very nice parts usage. The idea for penguins is great and I love all the different parts for beaks. Wouldn't buy the set though ...

This is original!!!

Everything is so cartoon-like, from characters to igloo and snowmobile. Though generally I'm not a fan of stickers, this creation wouldn't be anywhere near as good without them. If this ever gets released, I'm pretty sure I will have to get it for my sons who are huge fans of Pingu. Though when I see what commotion the penguins do I sometimes wonder if this is really a cartoon for kids. :classic:

Thanks for all the great comments and for the support! Just hoping I will be able to spread the project enough. :)

This is original!!!

Everything is so cartoon-like, from characters to igloo and snowmobile. Though generally I'm not a fan of stickers, this creation wouldn't be anywhere near as good without them. If this ever gets released, I'm pretty sure I will have to get it for my sons who are huge fans of Pingu. Though when I see what commotion the penguins do I sometimes wonder if this is really a cartoon for kids. :classic:

Thanks! Hehe it is sometimes a bit bizarre cartoon, but I think that is also what makes it interesting and fun, and why many adults love it too.