Lord Vladivus

Nocturnus Tribes: The Shkcklyk (Sh-kick-click).

"This particular tribe are named the Shkcklyk in their own tongue. Their species are more commonly referred to by the denizens of Historica as "Swamp People". Researchers from the University of Petrea have designated their species as Homo Swampius. They are distantly related to humans, and it is thought that they represent a divergent evolution millenia ago. Their diet is one of mainly fish, although, their digestive system can handle tough roots, and other meats.

They live in the Moruth Swamps, and their dwellings are often hard to spot, as they utilise nature to it's fullest extent, using dank, dark caves. They rarely gather together, being predominantly solitary, and as such, there are no villages to come across, simply single houses. However, in times of peril, the tribe gathers together, and it is rumoured that the swamps themselves come alive at their command, and travellers and enemies alike vanish in the thick cloying liquid mud that makes up much of the Moruth Swamps.

9916092035_2b962ca80a_z.jpg

9916175424_c8c123a6a6_z.jpg

Despite their nature, they form a vital part of the swamp ecosystem, as they herd many of the dangerous creatures away from the few trade routes through the Swamp, a fact that the local Lords and Tyrants often fail to recognise."

This is my first (possibly only, I have a couple of other ideas, need to see if I can do them justice) entry for the Nocturnus Tribes.

C+C welcome!

Wow, great entry Vladivus! I like how it looks like a mountain side, but if you look closely you can see that it is a house. May I ask what the gray thing in the tree is?

Cheers Cap! I envisage travellers just walking past without actually realising that it's a dwelling- the whole idea behind the Swamp people is they're isolationists, even from each other, and don't really want to be found. It's a brick built squirrel type creature. More of an experiment than anything! I did a bird in my last couple of MOCs, so I thought I'd do a different animal!

I thought it was a squirrel right away. The arm as the tail looks great from this angle.

I was wondering when the swamp monster would make the appearence in Nocturnus.

Good moc. I like the the approach as individuals. :classic:

@Niku cheers dude! The swamp monster is definitely underused, which is strange, given that they're available in such a cheap set. Plus they fit so well with. Nocturnus.

haha great, the shashlik, I wonder what they taste like :laugh:

nice job mate, I just think they look a little too cute for Nocturnus though ...

@Kabel, thanks! I think I know what you're getting at- I wouldn't try it, they'd be inclined to eat you first. Cute? Has the cold up north dulled your brains? They're vicious creatures!

Interesting moc and thats a great attempt at a squirrel as that's exactly what I thought it was meant to be when I first looked. Nice landscape and good to see the swamp monster fig! They do look a little on the cute side (its the big eyes I think) but I bet he wields that fish with a deadly skill! :sweet:

My first thoughts were a squirrel when i saw that grey thing on the tree. Very nice moc with all the vegetation and nice story as well.

Nocturnus seems the only place where monster fighters figs work well. :laugh: Nice job with the swamp feel and good background story as well.

@Kermit and HammerBro33 thank you! Yeah the monsters figs work best with Nocty, but I reckon the mummy works for Kaliphlin. Well if you give it a headdress.

Nice to see part pack monster fighters figs put to good use! A fitting dwelling as well :classic:

Hahahah so this is how Hobbitton looks in a Horror movie :laugh: Great job Lord Vladivus!

Nice swampy feel going on - I'll admit I wasn't sure what the grey thing was at first, but I now definitely see the squirrel, that's a really creative combination of parts.