Jim

Generic Contest Discussion

Contest Setup  

281 members have voted

  1. 2. Publish result list including...?

    • All contestants
    • All contestants with more than 10 votes
    • Top 10
    • Top 3
  2. 3. Preferred building period?

  3. 4. Preferred voting period?

  4. 5. Favorite voting scheme? (multiple answers allowed)

    • 20 points (distribute all, max 10 per entry)
    • 10 points (distribute all, max 5 per entry)
    • Old Formula One style (distribute 10, 6, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points)
    • New Formula One style (distribute 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 ,4, 2 and 1 points)
    • Eurovision Songfestival style (distribute 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points)
  5. 6. Public or private voting?

  6. 7. Should we allow digital entries?



Recommended Posts

Let’s end the “what to do with GBC” discussion here and get back to contests.

I have been quite busy, but since I am mostly out of the house next two weekends, I will try to get it online by Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still hoping for a "shrink a set" contest in which participants, erm, shrink some sets! Restriction: original set must contain more than 900 pieces. According to brickset, there are more than 75 sets that have a piece count larger than 900. And if B models are allowed, then there are no shortage of original sets to pick from.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jim said:

Let’s end the “what to do with GBC” discussion here and get back to contests.

I have been quite busy, but since I am mostly out of the house next two weekends, I will try to get it online by Friday.

I'm starting to think it was a mistake to start my entry last Monday! I'll probably be half done by the time the rules are out. Oh well, I guess that just means that if my model turns out to be ineligible I'll have plenty of time to start another one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2021 at 8:07 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I'm still hoping for a "shrink a set" contest in which participants, erm, shrink some sets! Restriction: original set must contain more than 900 pieces. According to brickset, there are more than 75 sets that have a piece count larger than 900. And if B models are allowed, then there are no shortage of original sets to pick from.

Now that TLG has released a medium quarter gear rack, I'm even more eager for a shrink a set contest.

 

LEGO-Star-Wars-75313-UCS-AT-AT-TBB-Revie

 

I'd love to see someone shrink the bucket wheel excavator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the smaller versions? Where can I find those?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jim said:

I missed the smaller versions? Where can I find those?

They are gonna appear for the first time in the set 75353 UCS AT-AT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

They are gonna appear for the first time in the set 75353 UCS AT-AT

Sweet! I will buy a couple of AT-AT's to get more of them.

 

Does this post need a smiley?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

I think it needs $$$$ emoji. 

Hehe indeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thirdwigg said:

Sorry for my American centric default perspective, but you get the idea. 

In this case it doesn't really matter which currency you use....will always be expensive :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg, gotta get those smaller quarter gear racks too, I hope they'll be available in B&P soon. I have no idea where I'd use them but I'm sure something will pop out sooner or later...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Omg, gotta get those smaller quarter gear racks too, I hope they'll be available in B&P soon. I have no idea where I'd use them but I'm sure something will pop out sooner or later...

For something in between the large turntable and the bigger versions of these racks. I think they will prove quite useful for moc'ing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim said:

For something in between the large turntable and the bigger versions of these racks. I think they will prove quite useful for moc'ing.

If the GBC contest will ever be realized, I'm sure these will find use there.

And I hope there would be similar gear racks, but with the teething on the outside rather than inside. So many potential applications I can think of...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, howitzer said:

If the GBC contest will ever be realized, I'm sure these will find use there.

And I hope there would be similar gear racks, but with the teething on the outside rather than inside. So many potential applications I can think of...

If we have it and also straight version, it will be great monorail rail!

And I want teeth both inside and outside. This version can make super turntable which through many of axle and still turning. Like old tomi's robotic arm toy.

 

Edited by msk6003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

When are you planning on putting up this contest, @Jim? It doesn't really matter, but I'm just excited about it!

Yeah, that's a bit overdue. No promises, but I can try to get it up-and-running today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jim said:

Yeah, that's a bit overdue. No promises, but I can try to get it up-and-running today.

That's be great if you can find the time. Thanks for putting these contests together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

That's be great if you can find the time. Thanks for putting these contests together!

Here you go! The contest has been published.

A bit hasty, so don't hesitate to ask questions in the discussion topic for the contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! I probably won't have much time to build this time (but I might do a small entry, who knows), but I will try to follow the builds a bit, Have fun everyone with building and seeing each other's stuff! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2021 at 8:07 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I'm still hoping for a "shrink a set" contest in which participants, erm, shrink some sets! Restriction: original set must contain more than 900 pieces. According to brickset, there are more than 75 sets that have a piece count larger than 900. And if B models are allowed, then there are no shortage of original sets to pick from.

The new 42130 is also a good pick for this contest if it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The new 42130 is also a good pick for this contest if it happens.

It does sound like a nice idea for a contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.