Jim

Generic Contest Discussion

Contest Setup  

312 members have voted

1. 2. Publish result list including...?

2. 3. Preferred building period?

3. 4. Preferred voting period?

4. 5. Favorite voting scheme? (multiple answers allowed)

• 20 points (distribute all, max 10 per entry)
    • 10 points (distribute all, max 5 per entry)
    • Old Formula One style (distribute 10, 6, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points)
    • New Formula One style (distribute 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 ,4, 2 and 1 points)
    • Eurovision Songfestival style (distribute 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points)
  5. 6. Public or private voting?

6. 7. Should we allow digital entries?

I'm not personally very interested in motorcycles and don't own any good wheels for them, but I'm sure such a contest would draw a lot of attention and interesting entries.

GBC contest would be interesting too, though I suspect it wouldn't get nearly as much entries.

1 hour ago, howitzer said:

I'm not personally very interested in motorcycles and don't own any good wheels for them, but I'm sure such a contest would draw a lot of attention and interesting entries.

GBC contest would be interesting too, though I suspect it wouldn't get nearly as much entries.

Same here, though it is rather easy with the Ducati to get all the primary components.

I think the Military Contest is a good idea. I think we can use it as our own way of expressing our opinions about TLG in relation to 42113.

1 hour ago, 9v system said:

@Jimwith the GBC contest you could ask me or @Ankoku or anyone else in the akiyuki project if you need help to judge

YOU

On 7/27/2020 at 9:31 AM, 9v system said:

i would love to run it but i dont think @Jim would let me

Let's do it!

You have been asking this for quite some time and I have been postponing it and making promises for quite some time as well :wink: 

Why don't you send me a PM with a contest proposal and we can go from there.

1 hour ago, Ludo Visser said:

GXC maybe, for those who don’t have those balls?  

Still little different with lego balls but glass marble fit also.

So, when there is an official announcement of a new contest is it announced here straight away? Or is there another thread that officially announces contests?

@Jim Are there any news for the upcoming contest?

Actually, I am more curious for the contest after the GBC contest :D

Hey guys.

I have been very busy with work and life in general, so I haven't had much time to continue with the GBC contest, or any other contest.

I will try to free up some time, but I also need complete two reviews.

Here's an idea.

How about rebuilding a classic studded set (somthing up to 2000s) with modern parts and functions. For example 8479 Code pilot truck with modern building techniques, motors, sensors, PU, etc...

Edited by Zerobricks

In the spirit of TLG, how about a theme of poorly disguised military vehicles? Like a humanitarian rescue abrahams tank?

1 hour ago, MinusAndy said:

In the spirit of TLG, how about a theme of poorly disguised military vehicles? Like a humanitarian rescue abrahams tank?

Or an orange Unimog - no, wait...

If Biden wins election, ... Otherwise if I make any post, a team of drones would follow me .. just kidding .. but a Technic robot type of many examples would be cool .  It could walk or roll but a robot to do???? But of course all  Technic ??

5 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

If Biden wins election, ... Otherwise if I make any post, a team of drones would follow me .. just kidding .. but a Technic robot type of many examples would be cool .  It could walk or roll but a robot to do???? But of course all  Technic ??

No politics please.

Sorry @Jim.....   ;)....   Or even a walking technic Mech with canons or rockets and it can transforms into a tank or helicopter..  .. that would be cool ..  

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

Build a working transformer :sweet:

That is a huge challenge given the low availability of magnet and coil parts. I really don't see the advantage of making them work as opposed to creating realistic models with backup towers, fences, and perhaps visiting mechanics.