Jim

Generic Contest Discussion

Contest Setup  

227 members have voted

  1. 2. Publish result list including...?

    • All contestants
    • All contestants with more than 10 votes
    • Top 10
    • Top 3
  2. 3. Preferred building period?

  3. 4. Preferred voting period?

  4. 5. Favorite voting scheme? (multiple answers allowed)

    • 20 points (distribute all, max 10 per entry)
    • 10 points (distribute all, max 5 per entry)
    • Old Formula One style (distribute 10, 6, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points)
    • New Formula One style (distribute 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 ,4, 2 and 1 points)
    • Eurovision Songfestival style (distribute 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points)
  5. 6. Public or private voting?

  6. 7. Should we allow digital entries?



Recommended Posts

Non-vehicle has been discussed before. I would not limit it beyond that (pre-1900 or something). It will be hard enough as it is.

Not sure this kind of contest will generate enough interest though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jim said:

Non-vehicle has been discussed before. I would not limit it beyond that (pre-1900 or something). It will be hard enough as it is.

Not sure this kind of contest will generate enough interest though.

The pneumatics contest generated a lot of interest. I wonder if something along those lines (e.g creatively use a specific piece or pieces) may be a good idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either way, starting something within the next month would be a good idea.  The kiddos are wrapping up school for the year and the adults need a reason to play :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Contest idea: Build a Technic logo / crest with moving parts. Like Lamborghini crest with the bull  moving its leg or head.

Since we are all Technic fans, how about a contest related to Technic fans? Minimum requirement: must include rotating blades. Helicopter rotor counts.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure @Jim has some great ideas. I like the sci fi idea but hopefully it’ll be a bit more specific than build something sci fi!

 

perhaps something “Mission to Mars” themed like the new City sets linked to NASAs Mars concepts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 9:11 PM, Jim said:

Yup, more or less.

Here's the topic for Nathanaels version. More pics.

Another thought for the contest. SCIFI contest. Build a spaceship, mech, robot, whatever remotely SciFi related.

I like this idea, that should bring a lot of interesting new things to the table!

On 5/23/2019 at 9:11 PM, Jim said:

Yup, more or less.

Here's the topic for Nathanaels version. More pics.

Another thought for the contest. SCIFI contest. Build a spaceship, mech, robot, whatever remotely SciFi related.

I like this idea, that should bring a lot of interesting new things to the table!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is a GBC contest still on the table? i think that would be a good one to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Seasider said:

I’m sure @Jim has some great ideas. I like the sci fi idea but hopefully it’ll be a bit more specific than build something sci fi!

perhaps something “Mission to Mars” themed like the new City sets linked to NASAs Mars concepts

Interesting... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What about a context that's easily quantifiable. For example, using a defined motor(s) the model that can pull the most weight wins, or a shredder that can shred a full size piece of A4 printer paper into the most number of tiny pieces wins.

Edited by allanp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, allanp said:

What about a context that's easily quantifiable. For example, using a defined motor(s) the model that can pull the most weight wins, or a shredder that can shred a full size piece of A4 printer paper into the most number of tiny pieces wins.

It is an interesting thought, but I am not sure that it is as easily quantifiable as you say. People need to make their own measurements. Not everyone has a scale to weigh stuff, for example. And it leaves a lot of room for error....or even foul play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 9:31 AM, 9v system said:

is a GBC contest still on the table? i think that would be a good one to do

Eventually we need to do something with GBC. A contest or a joined build or something. But not at the moment, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jim said:

Eventually we need to do something with GBC. A contest or a joined build or something. But not at the moment, sorry.

I was thinking about a Mars Mineral Excavator Machine where the balls are minerals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Berthil said:

I was thinking about a Mars Mineral Excavator Machine where the balls are minerals.

Like minds think alike !

 

Edited by Doug72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Berthil said:

I was thinking about a Mars Mineral Excavator Machine where the balls are minerals.

Go for it :thumbup: :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

In this contest we go deep space. Next time how about deep sea.

+1

First we learned to fly. Now we shall explore Mars. I agree next we need to explore the oceans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to TC1 - Sail the Technic Seas :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.