Jim

Generic Contest Discussion

Contest Setup  

312 members have voted

1. 2. Publish result list including...?

2. 3. Preferred building period?

3. 4. Preferred voting period?

4. 5. Favorite voting scheme? (multiple answers allowed)

• 20 points (distribute all, max 10 per entry)
    • 10 points (distribute all, max 5 per entry)
    • Old Formula One style (distribute 10, 6, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points)
    • New Formula One style (distribute 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 ,4, 2 and 1 points)
    • Eurovision Songfestival style (distribute 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points)
  5. 6. Public or private voting?

6. 7. Should we allow digital entries?

Sooooooo.....?

We passed 3 month after finish bike contest. What will be next theme and when will start?

How about militery equipment theme?

I have been thinking about a new contest and I have even requested some prizes.

It won't be military though. Having TLG sponsored prizes and military doesn't feel right.

Given the great model from @Thirdwigg, how about a theme based on "Remakes of a studded time"?

I am also against military vehicles. Don't get me wrong, some tanks are impressive but Technic has so much more to offer...

I have been contemplating a contest for a while. Something most of you probably will like, but I am not really sure it's feasible.

24 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Given the great model from @Thirdwigg, how about a theme based on "Remakes of a studded time"?

This is very interesting as well.

I'm still hoping to see the GBC contest.

Farming equipment contest would be nice too, even though I've never built any such machine...

Look guys I don’t know about you but I think heavy duty off-road trucks like 6x6 trucks. For example, the ones with big off-road logging trailers. Commonly seen in Snow-runners (The game)

1 hour ago, howitzer said:

I'm still hoping to see the GBC contest.

I'm definitely in favor of running such a contest, but I need someone else to take control. I have been offered help, but I am not comfortable running such a contest. Maybe @Milan is? If not, we need another captain for this contest :laugh:

In the meantime, I will ask around to check it my idea is feasible.

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

I'm definitely in favor of running such a contest, but I need someone else to take control. I have been offered help, but I am not comfortable running such a contest. Maybe @Milan is? If not, we need another captain for this contest :laugh:

In the meantime, I will ask around to check it my idea is feasible.

That's great to hear, hopefully you'll find someone to run the contest!

How about something Technic made at Lego minifigure scale? It'd be fun seeing those little guys driving the big boy toys.

How about a contest that uses a certain part for a function?

The other day I was finding ideas for alternative models of 42113 that involve using the blades in a function, and I managed to come up with quite a number.

65422.png

4 hours ago, Jundis said:

I am also against military vehicles. Don't get me wrong, some tanks are impressive but Technic has so much more to offer...

Thanks, glad this sparked some interest. I am always interested in pugging into my nostalgia vein, so this kind of contest would be great. I have a lot more 90s set's I would love to remake. 

is it too soon to suggest a contest to show off the possibilities Powered Up has opened up? Contest to include innovative Powered Up programme as well as model hardware?

12 minutes ago, J159753 said:

is it too soon to suggest a contest to show off the possibilities Powered Up has opened up? Contest to include innovative Powered Up programme as well as model hardware?

I believe that would be a Mindstorms forum contest. Usually manual models are favorited in contests, with some TCs even prohibitting the use of electrics. Additionally making it C+ exclusive would narrow down the number of participants, to the point of it not being a forum contest, but a show-off of select individuals well-versed in programming or owning the expensive electronics.

3 minutes ago, HectorMB said:

What about a contest of whatever-without-wheels? ;)

I like it.

17 minutes ago, HectorMB said:

Interesting idea. I like non-vehicle challenges as this pushes people a bit more to think outside the box.

That has basically been my idea for every contest since TC2 :laugh: 

26 minutes ago, ralphie said:

I like it.

Agree, no wheels with tires.

1 hour ago, HectorMB said:

I assume it would still be a vehicle contest? It would be kinda hard to make a judgement between a GBC, pullback-operated clock and a boat if they were all allowed in the same contest...

I think that whatever the contest is about, there must be some theme or constraint that puts the contestants in the same category.

12 hours ago, Jundis said:

I also like the idea of a remake contest, but I propose a category that has a studless set remade in studded style. I think it would be interesting to see 8258 remade like 8868.

Another thing that I think would be cool would be to remake City or other non Technic sets in Technic style, which Thirdwigg also did, with a Technic remake of 6352.

I have suggested this before, but I think it would be cool to have a Shrink Ray/Expand-O-Ray contest. There would be two categories, one where a big set is made small, and one is where a small set is made big.

I also really dug the Lego ideas contest to design the Volvo construction equipment of the future, so I'd like to see some wacky concept machines.

Unlike some, I do support a military contest.:devil_laugh: But, it should not be Lego sponsored. I don't think they'd like that.

If militery equipment idea is not good, how about tracked model contest?

It can be tractor, artic truck and lot more

Edited by msk6003

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

It can be tractor, artic truck and lot more!

Tracked aircraft! Tracked boats!

3 hours ago, msk6003 said:

If militery equipment idea is not good, how about tracked model contest?

It can be tractor, artic truck and lot more!

Crawler tractors, container haulers, backhoes, the possibilities are endless!