kabel

Landscapes of Mitgardia - (MCB Book II)

They say that there's only snow in the North ...

They say that Mitgardia is barren ...

They say that Migardia has got to be the most boring part of Historica ...

Well, obviously they have never ventured beyond the limits of their home villiage!

Therefore I announce the:

Landscapes of Mitgardia Community Build

Task:

- Build a typical landscape that can be found in Mitgardia using a, at the max., 32*32 baseplate, or an irragular base of similar size.

- You are to pick one of the large regions mentioned in the Mitgardia introduction thread (Frozen Beyond, Mountains, Tundra etc. ...) and show that Mitgardia is a country of natural beauty and diversity unmachted by any of the other three regions found on Historica.

Avalonia has got ... grass

Kaliphlin has got ... sand

Nocturnus has got ... swamps

We've got:

temperate rainforest, old growth oak forest, pine forest, birch forest, tundra, lakes, mountain meadows, mountain peaks, glacial valleys, fjords, fjell, caves ... you name it! Also think of possible animals that could inhabit these landscapes (mammoths, moose, bears, saber cats. yetis etc.)

Award:

This is not a challange but a community build! This means it's an ongoing project in which you are to build for the glory of Mitgardia and not for personal gain. However, the best Mocs will be added to the Mitgardian frontpage where they will eventually replace the pictures that you can currently find there!

Participation:

As the title already says, this is a community build for Mitgardia. So in order to participate you need to sign up for Mitgardia and swear your loyalty to the Northern Guild. Member of other guild may participate but their free build points will be scored for Mitgardia.

Regions:

6472650009_8724f3d20a_z.jpg

The Frozen Beyound

Purr - Wolf in the Frozen Beyound:

pz9q.jpg

The Clan Lands

Soccerkid - Spearfishing in the Clan Lands:

overview.JPG

Ecclesiastes - The Spine Tree Forest:

10026107644_e80eaf3523_c.jpg

The Heavenly Mountains

Aurore - The Spirit of the Standing Stone

48211071226_90f2a71649_b.jpg

The Tundra

Hench - The Wolf Basin:

2013-09-23_16.42.53.jpg

Infernum - The Tundra:

dscn0879.jpg

The Demon's rigde

kabel - Demon's rigde Hot Springs:

9891960614_61fd0ae8b6_c.jpg

Bkrosell - Mitgardian River:

MR2.jpg

mkjosha - The Standard:

10062845184_c7e5f0a8d0.jpg

Mr. Breden - The Devils Ridge:

10115546884_e8e8e946d3.jpg

kabel - rapids of no return:

10185664363_d2f754f266_c.jpg

The Cold East Coast

The Temperate West Coast

Eoin Wallace - A Betrayal in the Woods

48423973161_1bdfc5764c_b.jpg

The plains of Valholl

Soccerkid - Mitgardian Hunters

overview.jpg

So go ahead, be creative and show all those defamers what Mitgardia really looks like!

Post questions and the best pic of you moc here!

Discuss your respective mocs in single threads!

Edited by soccerkid6

Sounds like a good community build for Mitgardia! It's true, there's a lot of scope for different landscapes all with an icy twist. If you look at the game Skyrim, it's a snow theme but has many non-showy parts that still manage to feel that they are still part of a snowy land. I think you could pull of a green area in Mitgardia well if you made it coniferous and made the water look cold and icy. It's finding that line between looking too much like Avalonia and that feeling your still in Mitgardia.

That's why I always include coniferous trees in my mocs, but there is even more ...

Those familiar with the Northamerican Pacific Northwest will know that there are temperate rainforests all the way up into Alaska, a biom that once existed in Norway as well. It's development was caused by the warm currents that stream North along the West Coast of the continents.

4052850678_3644ce8a1b.jpg

On the other hand, the East Coasts of the continents are much more frigid.

Edited by kabel

Looking forward to seeing the MOCs coming out of this! As a sub-arctic dweller in the real world I can testify that even above the arctic circle there can be a lot of green, just not for a very long time of the year :wink:

That's a wonderful idea! I start designing and "building" as soon as my computer will be ready.

Avalonia has got... Grassland, Boreal Forests, Pine Forests, Oak Forests, Wetlands, Mountains, Highlands, Islands, Rivers, Lakes, Marshes, and Caves.

Khaliphlin has got... Deserts, Mountains, Jungles, Swamps, Islands, Bamboo Forests, Boreal Forests, Rivers, Cliffs, Caves, Volcanoes, Valleys, and Hot Springs.

Nocturnus has got... Swamps, Marshes, Wetlands, Mountains, Flatlands, Forests, Jungles, Badlands, Volcanoes, Caves, Hot Springs, Islands, Cliffs, Rivers, Lakes, Highlands, Mudflats, Lava Rivers, Valleys, Deserts, Savana, and Fire Swamps.

I think your evaluation is a little biased and unfair to speak the truth.

Yeah! It's not biased, just Mitgardian, and this just so happens to be a Mitgardian community build. :wink:

Yeah! It's not biased, just Mitgardian, and this just so happens to be a Mitgardian community build. :wink:

Wether it is bias or not depends on wether you are Mitgardian or not. Edited by Lord Duvors

This advertisement was brought to you by the Mitgardian Tourist Information Center. :wink:

Is there a size limit for the picture? Also, I'm almost done with my moc,

Is the moc posted in this thread?

Edited by Bkrosell

size limit is the usual 800*600,

as for posting, read this again:

Post questions and the best pic of you moc here!

Discuss your respective mocs in single threads!

i am working on something coast like, but it has a wall and a smaal bridge, so i dont' know if it will be good as an entry

Working on something now. After I plan to make a larger build for the Heavenly Mountains (if the 16x16 limit has been done away with). :wink:

thanks for the entry Purr, this looks great. But maybe you can this its own topic so we can discuss it a little better!

Sorry for not posting anything here before, I had got way behind on all the MOC's and things :grin:

However, I'll try to build something for this sometime in October :classic: