Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Angel

[SoNE Ep.1] A Costly Engagement

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

cloud_city_1_lr.jpg

RogueAng cursed to himself as laser bolts flicked by at an almost constant pace. He yelled up to Barton "Just two more civs after that and we blast!" The controls to the lift would be down by now thanks to Jafe's demo, so it should be just a matter of mopping up these last stormies.

cloud_city_2_lr.jpg

A distant explosion in the skies above caught RogueAng's attention and he looked up to see the debris of some fighter, wait... an X-Wing, raining down on one of the larger landing platforms off to the West. The X-wing had been trying to protect the civilians below from TIE strafing runs, but the TIEs had switched their strategy, and even through the X was a lot tougher than the eyeballs, there were just too many of them. He hoped it wasn't someone he knew. "Get your butt into that crate!" he yelled at the Cloud City trooper who had stopped to gape at the stormtroopers. RogueAng looked over at Drex's crumpled body next to a dead stormtrooper and was reminded of just how much this engagement was costing them.

cloud_city_4_lr.jpg

"We just got word that we've got full Imp engagement, so we're going in hot. Remember, our first objective is to ensure that the City administrator jets safely and our second priority is civilian transport, and our third priority is security force transport."

cloud_city_3_lr.jpg

This was supposed to be a covert op and we were supposed to just sit back and wait for the SpecComms to take care of things, and then we found out the Imps already had feet on the ground. This op had turned from clean and simple to a nightmare scenario.

It had seemed like our luck had changed when we landed in a low activity zone, but we ran into stormies on the way out, and we had lost Drex and the new kid, and we aren't out of this yet.

cloud_city_5_lr.jpg

RogueAng squeezed off a few more bolts as Jafe climbed up into the Dropship. Almost there...

cloud_city_6_lr.jpg

With only 1 stormtrooper left, he could've used the ship for cover and cleared for lift off, but he wasn't going to take the chance that the Stormie would get lucky and hit one of the fuel cells. It was nice to be able to operate without flight suits and gear, but the drop ships didn't have the armor or shielding a transport would have had, and they were much more vulnerable to light weaponry. Just stick your head out again....

cloud_city_7_lr.jpg

The dropship was close to capacity as it lifted off from Cloud City. There had been no civies left in the area, but they had managed to extract 7 of the local security troops.

cloud_city_8_lr.jpg

In his younger days, RogueAng would have said that 2 lives in exchange for 7 was a trade he's make every time, but after losing so many good soldiers in the Rebellion, he wasn't sure he could say that any more, especially today. These local security were just paid thugs who would just hire out to someone else when they got dropped off. They didn't care about the fight against the Empire or making sacrifices for someone they didn't know. Technically this mission had been a success, but at what cost?

KDY 6100 Series Hight Altitude Military Personnel Transport

kdy_high_altitude_6100_series_mp_transport_1_lr.jpg

kdy_high_altitude_6100_series_mp_transport_2_lr.jpg

kdy_high_altitude_6100_series_mp_transport_3_lr.jpg

kdy_high_altitude_6100_series_mp_transport_4_lr.jpg

Damn, those rebels are outnumbering us heavily ... well another platform and a part of the building. I again find both a bit small, but the build is smooth and nice. The ship is very itneresting and I like the interrior shots and the working sliding door! Good thing it's not on the baseplate it looks a lot better this way. And why are all the civilians guards? btw: so many real Cloud City guards torsos :drool:

Damn, those rebels are outnumbering us heavily ... well another platform and a part of the building. I again find both a bit small, but the build is smooth and nice. The ship is very itneresting and I like the interrior shots and the working sliding door! Good thing it's not on the baseplate it looks a lot better this way. And why are all the civilians guards? btw: so many real Cloud City guards torsos :drool:

I spent way too much time getting those sliding doors to work, when I could have created an interior below instead. I had to keep the build small to stay within the guidelines for the challenge, and I had a lot more Cloud City guards sitting around:

cloud_city_defense_force.jpg

Very nice, I like everything I see here! Good building, platform, ship and ship interior. :thumbup:

Go rebels!

I was pretty happy with the ship's interior.

Very nice MOC! Love the platform and ladder!

I was hoping to a bar underneath, but it didn't work with the ship's belly. I'm happy with how the ladder worked out.

Wow, what a great build, the ship is nicely done along with the platform, also the story is great,

The story is a bit dark, but it's what I came up with as I was taking the pics.

Great work rogueang :thumbup: :thumbup: In particularly with the ship and the minifig position which recreate very well the action :wink:

Great job, your entry reminds me pretty much of Rooks :wink: .

WOW! Even down to the crates. I make it a point not to look at other entries in these contests before I finish mine because I don't want to even inadvertently copy anyone, but your right - the resemblence is uncanny. I had the round platform finished over a month ago, and I was planning a multi-level build with something picking up residents on the platform, but I had to have a drop-ship or something similar to make room for extra passengers to make the scene make sense. I ran out of time for the lower levels, sadly, leaving an almost identical scene to Rook's. I swear I didn't copy him though.

Wedge, I didn't think ahead and place jumpers on the platform, otherwise I would have had more action poses, but it turned out pretty well anyways.

And why are all the civilians guards? btw: so many real Cloud City guards torsos :drool:

This could be a good plot point...the civilians were dressed in guard uniforms to trick the Stormtroopers, maybe?

Awesome MOC! Ship looks great and with it's amazing interior and functions it's one of the best in this competition.

I really like your dropship. Is the pilot based off of any specific alien species?

I wish you'd had time to build more, because I like what I see here. :thumbup: Especially the platform; I don't know why, but all the ridges make it look really good in my eyes.

I like what you did with the landing pan and the ship. I especially like the dark red and the big wind screen.