I know I'm a bit (quite a lot) late with this video, considering how long ago this set was released, but better late than never!

The description:

"Yay, I finally found time to make another video! In this video, I learned how to adjust brightness within the video clip, played with keyframes for audio fade in and fade out as opposed to using Adobe Soundbooth, thereby making the entire process faster, and upped the usage of cross-dissolves and title cards. My most professional video yet, I think. Also, there's a fancy new intro graphic!"

"On the other hand, I'm not happy about the shoddy camera work and the dismal lighting. As I didn't really plan out the shoot *at all*, I was limited in the space I could work with and settled on a temporary camera mount. I intend to get a GoPro tripod mount, but in the meantime I'll have to cobble together a solution out of more Lego. As for the lighting, it turns out the GoPro has really terrible low-light capabilities, which is why I brought in a studio light towards the end. Next time I'll see about borrowing both that are available in this household and using them from the beginning."

"I could have fixed these issues if I had taken apart the set and built it again HA HA HA nope. (2600 pieces)"

"Camera: GoPro Hero3 White Edition

Music used: "Cumulonimbus"

~ Cumulonimbus composed/produced by Steve Lowther provided by freesoundtrackmusic.com ~

Software: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe Media Encoder CS6"

Nice video! :thumbup:

I still want to buy the crane, but it's an expensive year with the 41999, the new mindstorms and this crane. And on top of that I also want to buy an SSD... :grin:

Hi,

Being too late is not really an issue. The issue is that the model you are building is hardly visible.

Doing a timelap build is best done on a (preferably white or light) table with the camera hanging above to table.

So I appreciate your effort, but it's not very entertaining to watch.

PS you already mentioned it wasn't the best timelap video, so you probably already knew :laugh:

Nice video! :thumbup:

I still want to buy the crane, but it's an expensive year with the 41999, the new mindstorms and this crane. And on top of that I also want to buy an SSD... :grin:

You want the UCS one? Good luck with that.

The video is nice, good job! :thumbup: I had no idea GoPro cameras had such bad lighting, though.

Thanks for all your comments!

The issue is that the model you are building is hardly visible. Doing a timelap build is best done on a (preferably white or light) table with the camera hanging above to table.

Good point. As for the table, I believe there's a folding table I can use, and the light background will help with the lighting by reflecting more light around. I could also set up a white backdrop or a reflector to help as well. In addition, I will need a tripod mount for my GoPro's case, as I don't trust my building skills to design a replacement for a tripod mount.

The video is nice, good job! :thumbup: I had no idea GoPro cameras had such bad lighting, though.

Yeah, I found that out after most the video was done... :hmpf_bad:

Oh yes - upon viewing the video, another person told me that there's one problem: I never actually showed off the final product! Overall, the criticism I've received on this video equates to one thing: PLANNING.

I've got a plan for my next video, but I will have to wait for it to stop raining and brighten up outside. :wink: Stay tuned!

Edited by Phoxtane

A great set and probably my best set to date, Lego will have to go a long way to beat this one. I thought the Unimog was excellent until this came along! What next!!?? But....now owning over 20 Technic kits this was the first time ever that had parts missing, not one but three 3!! The long string, a 7 black beam and a 12 long rod. Very dissapointed but the Lego help line were very good and the replacements are on the way!