Bkrosell

[SoNE:Free build]Breaking and Entering,

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Immediately after the 103rd finished the rescue mission in Cloud City, we were sent to Corellia to investigate a string of robberies that had been going on for a while. The rebel alliance wanted us to look into it. Why, I didn't know, but as long as it was for the better of the Rebel Alliance it was fine by me. After about a day we were able to locate the criminals next target, it turned out that they were mandelorians.As soon as we got there they were on their way out. After their leader came out the back door he turned on his jet pack and launched himself through the window and into the skylanes of Corellia. Hunter shot one as they came out the back door behind the leader. As the leader flew off, I saw him carrying a brief case, their mission was a success while ours was a failure,or maybe not.

Corelia%2BA3.jpgCorelia%2BA1.jpgCorelia%2BA2.jpg Modifiedcorelia%2BA%2Bredo2.jpg:Corelia%2BA%2BRedo1.jpgCorelia%2BA4.jpgCorelia%2BA5.jpgCorelia%2BA%2Btile.jpg (this is the tile in front of the couch in the main room)

Please judge this as a free build.

C&C is welcome,

Edited by Bkrosell

Thanks, originally it was gonna be a grey baseplate for the floor but then I decided to try building a section of the floor that had a colored tile patter shown in the last picture, this required me to ad a brick floor on top of the base plate, the overall build, in my opinion, is the best build I've posted on Eurobricks.

Edited by Bkrosell

I like the idea and the build, but the pictures are a little grainy. Do you have any clearer copies?

I like the idea and the build, but the pictures are a little grainy. Do you have any clearer copies?

Sadly I don't have any clearer copies but I will try to make better pictures in the future, with the camera I have it's unlikely but I can try and mess around with the camera a little bit and see what happens.

The color scheme is a little bit on the colorful side, but it is unified, so that works well. (Maybe only the red or only the blue with the greyscale colors would work better.) But overall I think the building style and the color scheme are cohesive. :classic: Improvements I would suggest would be the finishing, refining touches, things like smoothing over the couch or adding smaller bits of decoration and furniture.

Improvements I would suggest would be the finishing, refining touches, things like smoothing over the couch or adding smaller bits of decoration and furniture.

its funny, I fully intended to do that, I have a knack for forgetting things, I'll make sure to fix that when I have time,thanks

If you make the color scheme less colorful by getting rid of either the red or the blue and just keeping one of those two, then the couch might look good in tan.

I would prefer to keep the red and blue, I think they look nice and work well together, As for the couch a tan might still work, or maybe I could make the whole thing white.

I don't think they work together here. They look too colorful, a little bit childish, and somewhat basic. (Like things built from the basic brick buckets.) If they were more muted colors — sand red, sand blue, dark red, dark blue — then maybe it would work in this setting. Otherwise I don't think the two of them work together in this setting.

I don't think they work together here. They look too colorful, a little bit childish, and somewhat basic. (Like things built from the basic brick buckets.) If they were more muted colors — sand red, sand blue, dark red, dark blue — then maybe it would work in this setting. Otherwise I don't think the two of them work together in this setting.

I see where your coming from but sadly it's too late for me to change anything, I took it apart for another build I'm working on after I took a picture of it with the white colored couch,speaking of wich, I should post that.

EDIT: I've had a busy week but ill get those pictures posted soon,

EDIT:The pictures are posted here now. Enjoy :classic:

Edited by Bkrosell

The new couch looks nice and smooth. That's how you should start building MOCs - little details with a lot of effort and then putting them together. The tile in front of the couch also works well. Other things should get some more attention - the entrance for example. The combination of black, white both grays, pearl gold and then the blue and red on the flor looks to chaotic or unfinished. Maybe you could use all these colors, but the transitions should be smoothed out ... Also a bit larger images and maybe some more lighting for less graininess.

The new couch looks nice and smooth. That's how you should start building MOCs - little details with a lot of effort and then putting them together. The tile in front of the couch also works well. Other things should get some more attention - the entrance for example. The combination of black, white both grays, pearl gold and then the blue and red on the flor looks to chaotic or unfinished. Maybe you could use all these colors, but the transitions should be smoothed out ... Also a bit larger images and maybe some more lighting for less graininess.

Thanks MstrOfPppts,I think the outer door should have been white on the iner side of it, Im working on getting better lighting for photos, it's a work in progress.

Is this going to be judged?

Is this going to be judged?

Yes; we just had to delay judging of free builds for a little bit so we could finish up the judging for Episode I.

Yes; we just had to delay judging of free builds for a little bit so we could finish up the judging for Episode I.

Ok, just wondering, :classic: