Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Creator 31006: 4 in one - Build a Starship Enterprise!

Hello everybody!

Sometimes the question is raised why there is no Star Trek™ LEGO®. I would like to present a possibility to you how you can go to your local toy store, buy an official set, but go home with a Star Trek model, instead. :classic:

This works out in form of an additonal alternate model of Creator Set 31006 - Highway Speedster. It's a model from this year, so you will have no difficulties aquiring this one. It consists of 286 pieces. Building instructions can be downloaded of course!

When building alternatives I usually have two rules in my mind.

- Don't let it look too much of a patchwork

- Use as many pieces as possible

The result this time was a Starship Enterprise model with clear deisgn lines, and an appropriate stand. Unfortunately it only uses about half of the pieces available. Sometimes that happens but usually the two official alternatives to the main model also use much lesser pieces.

So here we go!

31006-enterprise-0.jpg

31006-enterprise-1.jpg

31006-enterprise-4.jpg

31006-enterprise-6.jpg

Building instructions can be donwloaded directly from my homepage: http://st.deckdesigns.de

Thanks for your time and interest!

Yours Chris.

Nice work, especially on the saucer section. I've always liked your micro ships.

Edited by Gryphon Ink

Star Trek ships are always good when someone pulls them off, I wish they did them instead of (Or as well as.) Star Wars, I much prefer Trek myself.

Amazing idea! I picked this set up with 70% off the price, but I really didn't know what I was going to do with it until I saw this! :grin:

That is a great idea. Its a shame that the the other pieces couldnt be used to make it a little bigger.

Hello again, and thank you very much fopr the kind comments! :sweet:

but I really didn't know what I was going to do with it until I saw this!

This shows me my intention was successful. :classic: That's exactly my mission with these creator alternatives. To build the unexpected out of it. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher