As the Mitgardian spring begins Sir Infernum and Sir Glorfindel agree to go on a yeti hunt. Yeti hunts are a popular sport for Mitgardians in the spring, as the ice that made their lairs previously inaccessible begins to melt. The two Mitgardians (as well as two of Sir Infernum's friends) begin tracking a fair sized yeti. On the third day off the hunt they catch up to the beast, but not before the yeti finds his friend, a larger Bull Yeti. This will be a difficult battle...

dscn0711.jpg

dscn0717.jpg

dscn0718.jpgdscn0719.jpg

Sir Glorfindel!

dscn0722.jpg

Sir Infernum

dscn0723.jpg

dscn0737.jpg

The two together!

Hope you liked the build, especially you SK! This is my first freebuild for Book II. It was a quickie, only taking an hour or two. :sweet:

Love it, nice use of the Wampa! There's great fig posing- your sigfig has amazing dynamism!

Thanks! I always wanted to Wampa-ify a MOC. :wink:

Great Mitgardian landscaping :thumbup: The bits of olive green and trans clear add to the cold atmosphere, I'll have to experiment with using those pieces a bit myself.

Fun to see Glorfindel in your build :classic:

Cool build! The Mitgardian landscape is well done! The small splashes of Dark green and olive green light up this moc!

Great Mitgardian landscaping :thumbup: The bits of olive green and trans clear add to the cold atmosphere, I'll have to experiment with using those pieces a bit myself.

Fun to see Glorfindel in your build :classic:

Thanks SK! Glad you like it! :classic:

Cool build! The Mitgardian landscape is well done! The small splashes of Dark green and olive green light up this moc!

Thanks Matthew! I'm a big fan of your MOCs and I can't wait to see what you come up with for GoH! :classic:

Very good work on the ground, I like how you've really made it look like early spring in the north with snow melting and patches of ice still here and there.

The minifig posing and the photograpy is also top notch, keep it up!!

The rocks looks so natural! Great work on those! The minifig posings are excellent! Great moc!!

Good job, your snow looks almost better then mine :laugh: The snow really is well done, I see you added some Ice with clear pieces,

Sorry for the late replies everyone! I've been out with friends all day.

Great piece of landscaping there! The trans clear works really nice for ice. Love the fleshies. Keep'em coming.

Thanks Captain! :classic:

Poor yetis :cry_sad::laugh: Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

Avalonian hippy. There ain't no PETA in Historica. :grin: . Thanks! :classic:

Very good work on the ground, I like how you've really made it look like early spring in the north with snow melting and patches of ice still here and there.

The minifig posing and the photograpy is also top notch, keep it up!!

Thanks Gideon! Great to hear I did the snow realistically, as where I live we never get snow. :grin:

The rocks looks so natural! Great work on those! The minifig posings are excellent! Great moc!!

Thanks DG! :classic:

Nice job with the snow landscape. Is the smaller yeti suppose to be the baby?

Thanks! No, not a baby, but a smaller breed. The two have some sort of relationship that's beneficial to them both. :wink:

The general consensus is spot on--the olive green bits and clear plates work really well here.

Thanks! Honestly I just have a weakness to olive. :grin:

Good job, your snow looks almost better then mine :laugh: The snow really is well done, I see you added some Ice with clear pieces,

Ha, ha, thanks Bkrosell! :wink:

Great work, the use of the greens and the clear make it really give off a cold feeling. Keep it up, Infernum! :thumbup:

Thanks! :classic:

Great moc! Nice landscaping and interesting action going on. I'm not really fond of fleshies, but I guess that that is just a personal thing. If you want to you can already make this part of our new Mitgardian Community Build.

Great moc! Nice landscaping and interesting action going on. I'm not really fond of fleshies, but I guess that that is just a personal thing. If you want to you can already make this part of our new Mitgardian Community Build.

Thanks kabel! But I thought it had to be 16x16. This is on 32x32. Don't worry, I whip something up! :wink:

Well maybe we should make it 32*32 then, fine with me ...

Edited by kabel

Nice build! Honestly the Wampa looks more the size I would expect a yeti to be compared to the minifigs. I wonder if the minifig yeti could be used instead as a background yeti using forced perspective to account for size?

Nice build! Honestly the Wampa looks more the size I would expect a yeti to be compared to the minifigs. I wonder if the minifig yeti could be used instead as a background yeti using forced perspective to account for size?

Thanks! Interesting idea with the forced perspective. :classic:

Great moc, interesting to look at, as there is some great landscaping and subtle color use.

Nice work!

Great moc, interesting to look at, as there is some great landscaping and subtle color use.

Nice work!

Thanks DC! Personally, I think GoH has helped me improve so much!

Awesome minifig posing!! Also excellent job on the transclear plates in the MOC!