Aredhel

Pic Review: 6374 Holiday Home

Hello all!!!

I rebuilt one of my older sets. This set is from 1983 and is named Holiday Home.

First of all: An overview pic:

6374_holiday_home03.jpg

You can see, that the house is build in a very easy way. The veranda has got a roller door.

I have got one pic with the car you see in the following picture, but its to blurry to post now. Maybe I will add it when I have made a new one.

6374_car02.jpg

The car is very cute *wub* and simple. Inside of it you can see a letter:

6374_car09.jpg

The garden of the family contains a broil where the husband is cooking something. The woman sits at the table:

6374_holiday_home12.jpg

The back view of the house shows the different rooms like sleeping room, dining room and kitchen:

6374_holiday_home15.jpg

On the table in the dining room has to be a transparent minifig head, but this one was missing at my set, so I replaced it with a 1x1 Brick round trans orange.

Hope you liked this little review. Comments welcome!!! Sorry if a few pics are a bit blurry; made them with my mobile phone camera!

To see more pics, watch my gallery!!!

Greetings,

Aredhel

I've never owned or made a minifig house like that before.

But it sure does look like fun :-D

I'm almost considering taking some time away from microscale and spaceships to try making one now...

Though, with the minifigs I'd have availabe from recent themes -construction, police, ete -No Women... Somehow I think the people I put inside would resemble the Village People... :-P

And those are some awesome pictures for a cellphone camera 8-

That set is great, a very clear design and a lot of lovely details! A true and beautiful classic! *y*

On the table in the dining room has to be a transparent minifig head, but this one was missing at my set, so I replaced it with a 1x1 Brick round trans orange.

8-| A lava lamp.... that

Tanks for the great review (your mobile phone makes good quality pictures compared to mine ;-) ) I would really like to own this set on day, it's a classic.

That table is so cool, made of a transparant piece. Nice touch.

:-)

i LOVE this set!

you took these pics with a mobile camera? WOW!! 8-

I wish lego still made town sets like these...Don't focus on the cops or firefightsers, and focus more on the citizens... *wub*

I completely agree with this. Even though I'm only recently back into the hobby, I've discovered that in the last few years LEGO has focussed on the services like Fire, Emergency, Police, and Airport. Some normal houses, restaurants and petrol stations (Hurrah LEGO!) would not go amiss, and it's the reason that I love Cafe Corner and the new Octan Petrol Station so much.

Nice review Aredhel *y*!

That's quite a nice set, it looks like the 80's though.

I like it but I would put some more detail in it - but that's why we AFOL's have tons of pieces for Moc-ing X-D!

1983 On

copmike

i didnt know this set is from 1983 i thought it was from 1987 or smth

I did not know that before, but thats the date from www.brickset.com X-D

-Aredhel

This set I got aswell.

Probably my favorite city set.

I have built that set a gazillion times I think.

And that baseplate have I used to so many cool mocs.

I think I start to cry abit.

Thanks for a nice review of an old classic Dana!

-Ras-

Nice review (I'm a bit late!).

This house looks very nice, with the old school style.

And this tree *wub* I really want one like that!

Nice review.

I have this set for more than 20 years and it's great, only the stickers are annoying

If lego would produce this set again I would buy 1-3 more

I'm quite late to reply, but I really like this classic lego style to it. This is in fact older than me, because I'm born in 1988, which is 5 years after this beauty was released. I'd really like to get this one, since I'm hooked on classic LEGO like that.

mFg Widdi

EDIT: 7.11.2009! Got it yesterday at the M.O.C munich at the creativmesse for a hefty price and in great condition. Will write up a review for that, when I find the time

mFg Widdi

Edited by Widdi

Very nice set! I wish LEGO could do a remake of it with a more modern look. I really like the tree and the baseplate *y*

Thank you all for your unexpected late answers :-P :-$

I hope I will post more of my older sets in the next time. There are really cool sets I found about 2 years ago...

-Aredhel

This was my very first Lego house... It's so good to se pictures of it! I love its design, color scheme and homely feel... If only sets like Green Grocer, Café Corner and the Creator sets would bring some inside furniture for a more lively feeling... Oh, well! Nice to see home again. Thanks so much for this review!

I don't know why people pay such high prices for set like this, good as they are most of the pieces can be brought really cheaply on brick link and the instructions downloaded from peeron or brick factory so you can have the satisfaction of recreating a classic set either exactly or with you'r own twists on it, make the house blue for example.

any way cool classic set and thanks that's given me a good idea!.