10668-1.jpgs

10672 Batman: Defend the Batcave

10672-1.jpg

10673 Race Car Rally

10673-1.jpgi

10675 Police – The Big Escape

10675-1.jpg

Original post:

From All About Bricks, we've got a list of the LEGO Juniors theme sets for January 2014:

10665 Spider-Man

10666 Digger

10667 Construction

10668 Princess Castle

10672 Batman – Batcave

10673 Race Car Rally

10674 Pony Farm

10675 Police – The Big Escape

Juniors seems to be the new name for the Bricks and More theme, aimed as a bridging range between Duplo and System. Thankfully the sets feature regular mini-figures rather than any strange aberrations. One troubling omission from this list is any brick buckets, hopefully this is just an oversight.

That's great news, and I knew there would be regular minifigures in the line! :classic:

Edited by Rufus
Title and tags adjusted

And it will be a cheap way to get certain minifigures. Isn't the sets that are replacing the stat wars planet set considered junior set as well?

Now that's crossing over multi-themes.......I wonder about super hero sets.......price would dictate what you would get in each set. :wink:

Construction eh ? wonder if it would be good to fit into city ? :wink:

I'm sure Starwars is getting Junior sets as well as I remember from looking at leaks from catalogue.

Pony farm sounds VERY interesting.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I'm sure Starwars is getting Junior sets as well as I remember from looking at leaks from catalogue.

Pony farm sounds VERY interesting.

I don't remember seeing anything "Junior" to me. I think you are thinking about the little vehicle sets that are replacign the planets.

Indeed I am thinking about them. I remember they were called Junior builds in the catalogue.

Ok I found the picture and I was wrong. Small Starwars ships are called Great vechicles :)

Edited by Lordofdragonss

10665 Spider-Man

10672 Batman – Batcave

I'm going to be a little disappointed if these won't spark some funny flame wars on how Lego dares to make so cheap and small and unimpressive models, maybe even release figs with more simplified designs. :tongue:

Princess Castle sounds like a must-buy. Hopefully it will have useful pieces and a good build (maybe a bit bigger/more substantial than this year's My First Lego Princess?) and an exclusive figure. We are still missing a princess figure in a stereotypically pink dress! Pretty please? :laugh:

I only like the construction sets.....handy for parts.....though the girl sets are cute and I feel will sell better than the boy sets......they actually look better than the boy sets. :wink:

Thanks, I think the sets look good for what they are, I like the girls sets better for some reason but the batman set is the best junior set by far because of the great minifigs

The main issue I have with Junior is that it seems to be introducing a number of big specialized one-use-only pieces again (ala Town Jr/Jack Stone/4 Juniors).

Lately the large pieces we have been getting (when we get such parts) have been a lot more generic and useful in multiple ways but these Jr sets seem to mark a return to parts that are only usable for one thing (and could be made out of a few medium sized parts instead of just one large part)

Edited by jonwil

The main issue I have with Junior is that it seems to be introducing a number of big specialized one-use-only pieces again (ala Town Jr/Jack Stone/4 Juniors).

Lately the large pieces we have been getting (when we get such parts) have been a lot more generic and useful in multiple ways but these Jr sets seem to mark a return to parts that are only usable for one thing (and could be made out of a few medium sized parts instead of just one large part)

I don't really see the problem though - the target audience for these is pretty clear, and it's not like these elements are being used across all LEGO sets. If it lets young builders have a fun time I'm all for it.

hmmm, good point.

And it doesn't look like these sets are going to be taking over the rest of LEGO anytime soon (unlike the crap in the Town Jr/Jack Stone/4 Juniors years when themes like Space and Castle and Pirates joined in on the juniorization)

10674 Pony Farmsounds promising :classic:

To bad the pictures are removed! Looks like Lego is working overtime too remove leaked pictures, they are beating me to it all the time nowadays :wacko:

The princess set is a must buy because of the cat. It is also the cheapest way to get a slide. Since I already have the princess set from this year, I am planning to get this one too, to make a attraction in my city like a park for my kid minifigures to play in.

The Batman set looks very promising given the two unique minifigures. The set itself is crap (the whole cave opening looks like one giant piece), but with only 150 pieces it may be well worth a purchase if only for the minifigures.

Remember that these sets are aimed at a younger audience so the use of larger parts like the 1-piece car body and large wall sections makes sense.

It looks like the entrance piece has holders for doors (also visible on the same part in the police set), can anyone identify what doors might fit into those holders?

Yeah I know, its because I am horrible at feeling the minifigures and because I don't want to waste about $20 looking for a minifigure that contains a cat. Thats why. :-/

Bricklink is your friend! :wink: