just2good

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Hmm wonder if we'll get a lego megan fox :grin: (in the movie she's april o'neil)

I hope not, she's fugly and a horrible "aactress"!

The chances of that happening are actually pretty high, seeing as they made sure to include a unique variant of the turtles in each set last year. What else could they possibly do if they continued this trend?

Maybe a serious face for Mikey and a happy face for the others? Although if they didn't do those in the first wave, I don't know why they would do them in the second. Besides, having Mikey be the only serious one would be pretty bizarre. :laugh:

April and one of the Turtles

88392682001_2399861648001_video-still-for-video-2399861717001.jpg?pubId=88392682001article-2371072-1AE671DC000005DC-709_636x952.jpg488088_3676515520184_1442984240_n.jpg

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Hmm...new sets? So to catch you guys up, here's what we could see...

Turtle Sub (a submarine shaped like a turtle.)

Patrol Buggies (four go-karts that are connected but can split up and then re-connect.)

Technodrome (Death Star with spikes and pink highlights.)

TCRI (giant building with alien tech inside.)

Hmm...new sets? So to catch you guys up, here's what we could see...

Turtle Sub (a submarine shaped like a turtle.)

Patrol Buggies (four go-karts that are connected but can split up and then re-connect.)

Technodrome (Death Star with spikes and pink highlights.)

TCRI (giant building with alien tech inside.)

I already mentioned the sub and buggy. The Technodrome is unlikely since it would be too big and probably not have many play features. I can see the TCRI building as a Daily Bugle type set, but honestly I don't think we will get any more Kraang based sets since they are defeated in the show now. :sceptic:

I want a Lego TMNT video game after Marvel... Who's with me?!

I have been on board for that ever since the theme got announced! TMNT is a perfect fit for the Lego game formula (beat up bad guys and solve puzzles) and with the rich history of the franchise, there are many characters, vehicles, and locations they could include. But perhaps TLG is waiting for Season 2 of the new show to air so that they have enough material to base the game primarily on that show.

On a more serious note, I really hope Lego releases Casey Jones and Karai as figures, there the two that really need to get the Lego treatment. As well, Kirby O'Neil would be nice to see, although you could probably sub in Boromir's head for him. I'll wait and hold my judgement on the sets based on the movie until I see them, because they could still be salvaged for parts. Other than that, rather psyched! :thumbup:

Edited by Kintobor

I wouldn't care for a Technodrome based on the new series. It's not iconic and kind of plain. I suppose there's just about no chance of doing the classic Technodrone.

Seriously? Megan Fox is fugly?

Your standards are way too high.

Some people aren't attracted to fake, extreme plastic surgery and caked on makeup.

I already mentioned the sub and buggy. The Technodrome is unlikely since it would be too big and probably not have many play features. I can see the TCRI building as a Daily Bugle type set, but honestly I don't think we will get any more Kraang based sets since they are defeated in the show now. :sceptic:

I have been on board for that ever since the theme got announced! TMNT is a perfect fit for the Lego game formula (beat up bad guys and solve puzzles) and with the rich history of the franchise, there are many characters, vehicles, and locations they could include. But perhaps TLG is waiting for Season 2 of the new show to air so that they have enough material to base the game primarily on that show.

The Kraang weren't defeated. The Technodrome still works, and the Season 2 pilot is about them dropping mutagen all over the whole city. BTW, the Season 2 premier is on October 12th at 11am.

If they do a video game, it HAS to be four-player. This is so overdue with LEGO games.

On a more serious note, I really hope Lego releases Casey Jones and Karai as figures

How was anything that was said before your post not serious? :look: Anyway, I think we all would like a Casey and Karai. Metalhead and Leatherhead would be cool too, especially if the latter is a bigfig.

The Kraang weren't defeated. The Technodrome still works, and the Season 2 pilot is about them dropping mutagen all over the whole city. BTW, the Season 2 premier is on October 12th at 11am.

If they do a video game, it HAS to be four-player. This is so overdue with LEGO games.

Hm, it seems you're right. Still, I don't think it would make for a very interesting set.

And I agree, four player would be a perfect feature for the game. The people at TT are always looking for ways to improve each Lego game, and this would definitely be a great way to do so. A free-roam New York City like in the Super Heroes games would be a requirement as well. Next year would be a good time to release a Lego TMNT game since it could tie in with the release of the film, but I think we would have heard something about it by now if that was the case. I'm still holding out hope though...

I actually really liked building the tmnt sets. But if you have all 4 the turtles, they have to come up with real good and challenging sets. Only if Bebop and Rocksteady will join the party, i might be triggered to buy me new tmnt sets

Edited by Borex

I think the only way you can hope for Bebop and Rocksteady is if they HAPPEN to do a Rhino and Pig d00d in Chima some day (therefore have the molds, roughly :P) and someone Cuusoos an original series set.

Anyways, this time last year we had the TMNT sets leaked already. What's taking you leakers so long? :(

Knowing Michale Bay movies I wont be surprised if bebop and rocksteady make an appearance, maybe under a different name.

Bebop and Rocksteady could come. The list was leaked for 2014 Playmates TMNT action figures in the Nick line.

Interesting ones:

Robotic Foot Soldier

Rahzar

Slash

Casey Jones

Mutagen Man (already seen him)

...and BEBOP AND ROCKSTEADY!

So I'm guessing B&R will be on the show. Which means....:grin: we might see them.

No. That's not so much a leak as it's been known for like a year and they've shown them off.

http://www.playmates...classic-figures

The Bebop and Rocksteady toys are part of the Classic Collections line based on the old series. They're coming out in November :P but the old Turtles are already out. So you cannot really use this to say anything because they always do Classic lines.

Edited by BrickG

Well, Werst has listed the seven TMNT sets with the Euro pricing...

79115 Teenage Mutant Ninja Tutles: Set 1 $50

79116 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Set 2 $80

79117 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Set 3 $100

79118 Teenage Mutant NInja Turtles: Set 4 $13

79119 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Set 5 $20

79120 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Set 6 $35

79121 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Set 7 $70

I'm guessing the first three will be the movie sets (79115-79117) and the other four are on the TV show. They're pretty expensive! That does mean there will be lots of new minifigures. :drool:

Edited by just2good

Wow they are big sets, I can't understand why tmnt get so many big sets next year a superheroes get so many small ones, any ideas

Shit, that's a lot of sets. $400 for just TMNT? No thanks. I'll probably just get a couple and bricklink the turtles.