just2good

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I'm predicting that we'll get Casey and Karaii at least...

I'm also hoping that we'll get a decent TCRI set, as this hasn't really been exploited by LEGO so far.

As for 'proper' turtles, I'd love to get a set of originals with all red bandanas - I could always paint up some spares from the Nick range I guess... I'm also keeping my eye out in the Chima range, in the hope that they'll come up with a suitable Triceraton head. ;)

I'm predicting that we'll get Casey and Karaii at least...

I'm also hoping that we'll get a decent TCRI set, as this hasn't really been exploited by LEGO so far.

I'm guessing that if the rumored prices are correct, and we will be getting a $100 TMNT set, really the only things that it could be are either some variant of the Technodrome or TCRI. There just aren't any other locations in the TV show that would be big enough. We already have a Turtle Lair and the Shellraiser. Sio unless Michael Bay has added some sort of ball swinging gigantic constructacon into the TMNT movie, the big set will probably be one of those two.

I'm guessing that if the rumored prices are correct, and we will be getting a $100 TMNT set, really the only things that it could be are either some variant of the Technodrome or TCRI. There just aren't any other locations in the TV show that would be big enough. We already have a Turtle Lair and the Shellraiser. Sio unless Michael Bay has added some sort of ball swinging gigantic constructacon into the TMNT movie, the big set will probably be one of those two.

Given that in the movie the turtles will be from space I assume that we will get some sort of space ship for the turtles.

It's not true. It was originally rumored that they would be from an alien race, and a terrible script leaked online that was nowhere near the shooting script. Bay here confirms that the Turtles come from the Ooze, not an alien race. (The ooze is an alien creation I think, though.) I don't think there will be any alien spaceships for the Turtles.

Yeah, that's been debunked a long time ago. People jumped on it though since it was Michael Bay related.

Thank goodness, that's a horrible idea

I've not seen the new Turtles series. But I loved the old Black and White Comics. I know it's a pipe-dream to hope they might do some more "black and white variant" figures, but there are somethings that may fit:

I'd like to see some new molds made just for the Mousers. And a big Mouser to battle with.

From the playmates classic, yes Bebop and Rocksteady should be shoe ins, and Baxter/Fly version.

There have been enough fan made Krang Giant Robots to suggest Lego should just do an official one...

The turtles themselves have great cross genre synergy already - they live in City, they could go to toe with Chima or Ninjago. I wonder if we could get other fringe characters that would do the same? Like a trenchcoat wearing, incognito Raphael, or side license Usagi Yojimbo.

Or yes, just send them all into space and have them meet the crazy triceratops headed guys.

Whoever made those turtle heads with the white eyes - bravo, they look much better than the "out of the box" versions.

Those Squirrelanoids are pretty scary looking. There again, Wingnut looks pretty grisly. Newtralizer, Slash and Tiger Claw stand out as possibles for becoming minifigures. A simplified Baxter Fly would work. Casey Jones would be an obvious yes. Mutagen man would look great but I imagine he'd be quite difficult to produce as a minifigure. Sir Malachi would be doable but I doubt he's interesting enough to be included in a set. Rat King is a possible. Leatherhead is one I hope for but i think Slash and Newtralizer are more likely.

Being honest, it's the mutants that make the show captivating. The weirder ones especially. If i was a kid those are the ones I'd want instead of dull Foot or endless Krang. Characters like Snakeweed are visually brilliant but Lego being Lego it's the safer options that will make it through. The ones that require fewer new moulds. And with Playmates having the action figure license Lego are limited in what they can do. Which is a damn shame. I just hope whatever they do it's better than this years sets. And perhaps aimed at a slightly older market. I think everyone underestimated just how dark the show was going to get. An age adjustment on the sets could mean more interesting content.

Hi,

there will be seven (7) new turtles sets: 3 to promote the new film and 4 for the animated series.

79118 Karais escape on a bike, price 14,99 EUR

79119 The chamber of mutation, price 26,99 EUR

79120 T-Rawket: Attack from the air, price 34,99 EUR

79121 Turtle-Submarine, price 45,99 EUR

79115 ?

79116 ?

79117 ?

No pics, no infos.

greetings Hendrik

Hi,

there will be seven (7) new turtles sets: 3 to promote the new film and 4 for the animated series.

{sets}

No pics, no infos.

greetings Hendrik

Thanks again! The Turtle Sub and Mutation Chamber sound the best to me. :drool: The other two sound okay.

Excited for the Turtle Sub! More kraang figs, an interesting setting, I'm sold. The others all sound meh to me, mutation chamber should be ok. Wonder what they'll do for Karai's hair?

Interesting. It's good to see that Karai will be released. I'm not surprised that the T-rocket and sub will be released, although I can't say I'm excited for them until I see what minifigs they come with. The mutation chamber could be anything, but I hope it involves fly-Stockman. It's also good to know that we were right about the first three sets being based on the movie.

Hmmm? Some good potential there.

- We can guarantee a Karai fig. WooHoo!

- Mutation Chamber probably means we will either get a human Pulveriser or him in his mutated form in some way. (Round trans clear cylinder with stickers of floating organs?). Maybe both?

- T-Rawket probably means we might see "Wing Nut"/Aprils Dad? While not 100% perfect to the scene he is from that episode, and TLG probably has some shiny new bat wing molds to amortize between Chima bat people and Batman Man-Bat. So I would consider him as a likely candidate for inclusion.

- The Turtle Sub I am guessing is just Tirtles and Krang? I can't see them giving us a big "Roseane Krang Supreme" or whatever it is called, at that price point? And really there aren't any other good mutant candidates for that set (at least that we have seen so far) Granted as we saw with the Shellraiser and Stealth shell, they don't follow show scenes exactly for minifigs.

Hi,

79115 ?

79116 ?

79117 ?

No pics, no infos.

greetings Hendrik

As I don't watch the new show can some helpful person post some pics from the show of what the sets might be?

Thanks eurobrickers

Hi,

79115 ?

79116 ?

79117 ?

No pics, no infos.

greetings Hendrik

Karai! Woot woot! But...bike escape? It could be 3 things:

1. Enemy of my Enemy- her on her bike attacking the Kraang stealth ship.

2. Enemy of my Enemy- escaping in the Stealth Shell with Leonardo. They already did the Stealth Shell though. Will they do an open version?

3. Karai's Vendetta-her on her bike chasing April on the pizza bike.

Mutation Chamber is totally from Pulverizer Returns where Tim gets mutated. I expect Donnie, Dogpound, Timothy, and Glob. :grin:

T-Rocket was in the Mutation Situation. I wonder if the Stealth Ship will come with it? Minifigs probably 2 turtles.

T-Sub- why is this the most expensive? Maybe it also includes the monster?

Turtle submarine. I am thinking of a submarine in the shape of a turtle with the shell opening up to reveal the command center.

Doesn't Casey have a motorcycle or something? I can see Karai and Casey coming in that set, with maybe either Donny or April to beef the set up. In that case, done deal, that's all I need this time around. :laugh:

I still need to get the Lair and the Shredder bike, so... curse you Lego and Nickelodeon! :grin:

Ooo! Doesn't one of the episodes involve Karai on her bike chasing April on her scooter? We have a new scooter piece now.

Ooo! Doesn't one of the episodes involve Karai on her bike chasing April on her scooter? We have a new scooter piece now.

One of my favourite episodes, actually! Karai's Vendetta, wasn't it?

I can see them adding in both Casey and April, and if not April, either Raph or Donnie.

One of my favourite episodes, actually! Karai's Vendetta, wasn't it?

I can see them adding in both Casey and April, and if not April, either Raph or Donnie.

I was thinking at the $14.99 price point it is probably a small set. On par with the Batman, Catwoman set or the Iron Man 3 Golf Cart of Doom one. So probably Karai on a standard Superbike ala Catwoman, April on a scooter and some buildable street terrain?

I was thinking at the $14.99 price point it is probably a small set. On par with the Batman, Catwoman set or the Iron Man 3 Golf Cart of Doom one. So probably Karai on a standard Superbike ala Catwoman, April on a scooter and some buildable street terrain?

Yea. A PIZZA SCOOTER. :wub: maybe it could include the subway entrance to throw Karai into.

Yea. A PIZZA SCOOTER. :wub: maybe it could include the subway entrance to throw Karai into.

As much as I think that's a neat (and somewhat amusing :laugh: ) play feature, in order for that to work the set would need to be elevated, which I can't see them doing for a road strip. A few trash cans would be nice stand ins, though. :grin:

Yeah, I'm REALLY hoping we get the turtles with white eyes this time around!

I love that pic of the white-eyed Turtles. There's been something that I couldn't quite put my finger on that didn't look right to me about these minifigs, and now seeing that, I think it may be the eyes. So I'm joining you in hoping we get white-eyed variants.