just2good

Hero Factory 2014 Discussion

I'm stupid, where's that piece at? I can't find it.

within the thorax of the queen. look between her legs. Hmmm, the one on the bottom of the cocoon in the flea machine picture looked black though :/

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/2014-Toy-Fair/Toy-Fair-2014-LEGO/image186.asp

I can't believe they introduced the 3-way female connector in dark brown of all colours, and they're keeping it that way. Would it have hurt them to make it black to begin with?!

I think a black one is used in the Ultra Agents set Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2014/02/Toy-Fair-2014-LEGO-Ultra-Agents018.jpg I hope it ends up black. I still don't know why Lego introduced that piece in brown in the first place

Not sure if this has already been posted, but all of the sets are now available on Lego's website! Stormer Freeze Machine and Furno Jet Machine are also available on Toysrus.com, which is significant because of the BOGO 50% off deal that's still ongoing.

If they are overpriced at TRU, they can be price-matched with S@H prices now. Just in case this were to occur.

I think a black one is used in the Ultra Agents set Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown http://news.toyark.c...a-Agents018.jpg I hope it ends up black. I still don't know why Lego introduced that piece in brown in the first place

Probably because it genuinely looked better on the Vampyre Castle, which was the first set it appeared in. Black would look like typical mechanical Technic. Dark Brown looked much more appropriate, like wood or rusted iron.

I'd like it in black too, but it honestly doesn't bother me much for Hero Factory because at least in this year's sets, it's not used in any prominently visible locations.

Despite what I said yesterday, I purchased Splitter Beast. The set is amazing looking in person, imo, the mini heroes are quite nice looking as well.

I think a black one is used in the Ultra Agents set Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2014/02/Toy-Fair-2014-LEGO-Ultra-Agents018.jpg I hope it ends up black. I still don't know why Lego introduced that piece in brown in the first place

Ah, thanks a lot! Now I know Il'll buy some of these to tweak the coccons (I'm mostly interested in them as figure parts, though). Sometimes designers come up with some truly weird colour choices, though I'm sure that doesn't depend on them only.

I have now gotten the new Hero Factory sets and they are Furno Jet Machine and Evo Titan Machine (still not calling it XL).

Of what I think is Evo is Worst thing i have ever seen and there are a lot of things why, Now Furno is awesome but have some bad things.

I know this is sort of off topic but why do you not like the episode?

Have you seen it? Its F***ing Terrible! Everything about it sucks. It was really bad by even Hero Factory standards which are already pretty lame compared to the hayday of bionicle. Its all goin down hill man. Lego's checkin out on Hero Factory like they Checked out on Bionicle.

Over at the Legends of Chima 2014 discussion, Snakey Jones posted a link to a German shop showing not only the packaging of the new Chima and Hero Factory sets, but also their prices. Here's the link to page 7, where Hero Factory starts (it continues on page 8). The Chima stuff can be found on the first pages.

And ho boy, the Queen Beast is pricey.

Edited by ZORK64

It happened again! Like with Dragon Bolt, who was 20 dollars in USA but 25 Euro in Europe. :sceptic:

Good thing I didn't plan on buying the Queen, but this definitely seals the deal for me. Not gonna pay 40 Euro for 3 minifigs I already own and a Machine I have no use for just to get a 20 Euro figure. Looks like I'll build her from my collection, then I'll buy the pieces I need.

Have you seen it? Its F***ing Terrible! Everything about it sucks. It was really bad by even Hero Factory standards which are already pretty lame compared to the hayday of bionicle. Its all goin down hill man. Lego's checkin out on Hero Factory like they Checked out on Bionicle.

That's not actually an answer to the question; what about it didn't you like? Personally, I disliked the pacing (the producers already admitted they would have preferred a lengthier runtime, but humorously blamed The LEGO Movie for eating the budget) and to a certain extent the ending (the reversal of which is documented in that making of movie).

Also, bummer about those prices. It's always a little sad to see the markup, but it could be a retailer-specific price. I'd wait for S@H prices before being absolutely sure.

Over at the Legends of Chima 2014 discussion, Snakey Jones posted a link to a German shop showing not only the packaging of the new Chima and Hero Factory sets, but also their prices. Here's the link to page 7, where Hero Factory starts (it continues on page 8). The Chima stuff can be found on the first pages.

And ho boy, the Queen Beast is pricey.

Very nice. ANd whoa yeah. That's in pounds so what's it gonna be in USD's?! Wonder if that will be adjusted for over here. I had thought about getting that cause it does look like its got a lot of good parts in it but I was expecting it to be the Rock Jet Machine of this series. It looks like it'll be even pricier so Noooo thank you. There's plenty of other good pickins from wave 2 and LoC's Ultrabuilds. HF is getting way more bigger sets this time around. A $20(Splitter beast) and a $25(Evo XL machine) set in wave one, then the Surge Rocka combo machine and Queen Beast set.

That's not actually an answer to the question; what about it didn't you like? Personally, I disliked the pacing (the producers already admitted they would have preferred a lengthier runtime, but humorously blamed The LEGO Movie for eating the budget) and to a certain extent the ending (the reversal of which is documented in that making of movie).

Also, bummer about those prices. It's always a little sad to see the markup, but it could be a retailer-specific price. I'd wait for S@H prices before being absolutely sure.

I did answer the question. I said "Everything about it sucks" So I'll run through that list.
  • Story was rushed, and didn't really do well to resolve itself "Op we're out of time okayeverythingsbetternowthecityisn'tstillamesskaybai" *credits*
  • Voice overs were bland and badly scripted
  • animation sometimes didn't match what was happening with the voice over work.
  • The character designs were weird. Breeze took off her helmet and looked hideous(like when Brian Shaved)
  • The beasts were lame. "yeah lets just whack your guns out of your hands before we mess you up"
  • the machines were completely *Long bleep* ING USELESS! They bailed out or they got destroyed in like five seconds. I'd rather be equipped with a butter knife than one of those things. At least then my toast will be the way I like it. XP

UGH it was just terrible you guys. I really hope they redeem themselves next year.

I did answer the question. I said "Everything about it sucks" So I'll run through that list.

• Story was rushed, and didn't really do well to resolve itself "Op we're out of time okayeverythingsbetternowthecityisn'tstillamesskaybai" *credits*
  • Voice overs were bland and badly scripted
  • animation sometimes didn't match what was happening with the voice over work.
  • The character designs were weird. Breeze took off her helmet and looked hideous(like when Brian Shaved)
  • The beasts were lame. "yeah lets just whack your guns out of your hands before we mess you up"
  • the machines were completely *Long bleep* ING USELESS! They bailed out or they got destroyed in like five seconds. I'd rather be equipped with a butter knife than one of those things. At least then my toast will be the way I like it. XP

UGH it was just terrible you guys. I really hope they redeem themselves next year.

And yet there are those who say it was better than Brain Attack. The obviously have no idea what they're saying.

Agreed on all points.

i personally don't really care for the movie. this hear hf sets are great in my opinion, and that's all that matters to me.

Isn't the dollar supposed to be worth less than the euro? So shouldn't the price in Europe be lower instead of higher? It makes no sense. I'll probably end up purchasing my copies of the set as late as possible (preferably during a double VIP point event), so as to get it priced-down.

EDIT: The boxart appears to be unfinalized (note the completely translucent cocoons), so there's still hope.

EDIT2: Surge&Rocka is 30, so these are definitely the wrong prices.

Edited by DraikNova

^

Well i surely hope that it wont have this confidental marking when released. :grin:

And yes it should cost less euro than dollars, but its a tradition to upscale the price in Europe. Not just Lego does it.

I think the episode was one of the best I think the voices the animation was superb and I do admit that it was better then brain attack but over all it makes in my #3 spot in the hf episodes but it gets beat by my #2 spot ordeal of fire and my #1 spot breakout.

I liked the episode quite a lot, actually. Sure, the voice acting wasn't so great, and the ending was wacked, but otherwise I thought it was great. As a matter of fact, I watched it around three times (I only recall re-watching episodes around that many times with Oof and SP) The fight scenes were enjoyable and the art direction was astounding (best I've seen in any HF episode. Just check out that Splitter Beast battle).

Yeah, it was a bit rushed, but considering they wanted to cram every set into a span of 20 minutes, I can forgive them for the pacing. And if you ask me, the execution of having equal screen time for all the sets was quite a feat (though I will admit, a longer run-time would have suited them better). And I guess that explains the quickness of the machines being destroyed, but honestly that just adds to the fact of how tough the Beasts are.

Overall, in my opinion, there was a lot of cool and interesting stuff going on in the episode alongside some pretty bad parts. But I wouldn't dismiss it as "the worst HF episode ever" or "the worst thing Lego has made". But maybe it's just me. I tend to look on the positive sides of things. As a matter of fact, I can't really say I hated any HF episode (except "Von Nebula". That was the most anti-climactic ending I've ever seen). Or maybe I'm just watching these not expecting much because I know I'm not going to get much.

Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed it. May give it another watch later on...

I think this is the single best HF mini movie to date. Both the visual and sound designs were spot on.

And yet there are those who say it was better than Brain Attack. The obviously have no idea what they're saying.

Agreed on all points.

Thank you. At least someone here understands what good cinema is besides me. I suppose most of you that think this HF episode was good also think Pacific Rim was like the best thing ever. Good film appreciation is dying.

And the beautiful thing is, you can't count this as off topic because Hero Factory 2014 is totally ripping off this terrible movie.

There's this thing called "having a different opinion and\or taste." Just sayin'.

Edited by WARHEAD