just2good

Hero Factory 2014 Discussion

Wait, those are Mixels joints aren't they?

Nope. Normal HF joints. HF parts don't exist in mixel size currently.

Ah, looks like you guys are right! At 0:17, there are two walkers, one walking behind the other. Not sure about the front one- it is yellow, and has Evo Walker style legs, but they are six. The second walker is the one I thought was gold due to the lightning, but it is lime instead. So no gold Cap America knee caps...but lime ones! I actually like this, we got quite a lot of gold stuff this year, but next to no lime pieces.

Edited by Shakar

And, pause at 0:45. What is that? It's a close-up of an azure Beast head, with an oddly organic style, and an eye design different from any other set.

It's easily the multi-legged queen, shown at 0:44 and 0:48, too.

Either way, this proves you can make the walkers in a 1:1 size to the normal Brain Attack/Breakout heroes. That's so glorious.

Doubtful. Sometimes they're rendered with the use of normal HF parts for artistic reasons, but otherwise they are not scaled with other parts at all.

Edited by wghost

I can't find any indication for the red creature having three pairs of legs, by the way.

11227924835_043e7c7544_b.jpg

You can see the shape of 4 of the "fin" pieces set behind the smoke there

Looking at these pictures. I have an idea on how to build scaled up versions of the mini kaiju. But it requires that I get one the the beast sets

first since I need there heads as a base to start. I've already made a scaled up version of the one of the heroes in the movie in LDD. I chose to do Breez since she was the first one I saw in the trailer

It's not the Queen, her upper jaw is black while the one on Beast I'm referring to is azure.

Wait so there will be a Queen? I hope she gets some actual speaking lines, I mean other than Breez, we're actually getting (or might be) another female figure! Well she is technically a Beast, I'm excited either way.

The whole "queen" term isn't accurate by any means, it's just speculation and assumptions based on generic sci-fi tropes. There might even be a queen and that figure isn't it, who knows?

The whole "queen" term isn't accurate by any means, it's just speculation and assumptions based on generic sci-fi tropes. There might even be a queen and that figure isn't it, who knows?

Ugh, I'll still call her a Queen, even if she's a dude, and doesn't make it into a set.

It'll more than likely BE a queen, since that's the most recognizable alien archetype to go for (eggs, etc), but linking it to the creature we've seen is speculation.

I'm also wondering what that super-detailed best is... Could be a zoomed in angle of the azure beast, but that'd contradict the style the rest of the show seems to have. :sceptic:

Ah, looks like you guys are right! At 0:17, there are two walkers, one walking behind the other. Not sure about the front one- it is yellow, and has Evo Walker style legs, but they are six. The second walker is the one I thought was gold due to the lightning, but it is lime instead. So no gold Cap America knee caps...but lime ones! I actually like this, we got quite a lot of gold stuff this year, but next to no lime pieces.

Here's a shot of them at 0:10:

hf14-trailershot-small.png

(Click for larger version)

I really like how the designers didn't limit themselves to bipeds. It shows just how versatile the bone system is.

I'm going to laugh when none of these things actually turn out to be sets, and it's just the animators showing some creativity.

I'm going to laugh when none of these things actually turn out to be sets, and it's just the animators showing some creativity.

"When"? Revealing the summer sets via the episode trailers has been a trend since 2012, I don't see why it would be any different next year. All the shown designs are perfectly viable as sets.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

I was joking... mostly. The spider-queen, no doubt, will be a set, but some of the smaller monsters could very well be just background creatures, and possibly a few machines, too.

I doubt that this spider-thing is Queen. As was already said, the head of the supposedly huge beast is azure and that spider monster is black. As someone said earlier as well, I think this is some kind of a guardian to protect that Queen. If I am wrong, poor Queen, what have they done to her!

So far the beasts have all shown very unique eye designs, as from the picture you can see the queens head is the only one with the six red eyes like that zoomed in face. That doesn't explain the head colorization though, but I must say if thats' ANOTHER azure head I will be very disappointed- 3 azure heads is a bit overkill in my opinion. If this is the only year we get these beast heads I'd like to get them in as many colors as possible.However there is also a high possibility of another set, so far I only count 6 unseen sets from that trailer, and I would expect hopefully one more beast and one hero-based set.

(Well there is 7 if you count that tiny Rocka thing as a set but I swear if that actually becomes a set...)

I'm hoping the tiny Rocka Mech will actually be a set. But instead of Rocka, it'll be given to someone else (Nex maybe?).

Though that wouldn't explain why Rocka's piloting it in the trailer, but whatever.

It's not the Queen, her upper jaw is black while the one on Beast I'm referring to is azure.

Uh, lighting or artistic license? There's no reason to show a part of a new set for a split second - it's still a toy brand, not a crime story.

unbenannt_4.png

I doubt that this spider-thing is Queen. As was already said, the head of the supposedly huge beast is azure and that spider monster is black. As someone said earlier as well, I think this is some kind of a guardian to protect that Queen. If I am wrong, poor Queen, what have they done to her!

As I said, I don't see why would it be some other random kaiju than the queen - it wouldn't fit the dramaturgy of the trailer.

Edited by wghost

Certainly, it's curious it shares the Queen's eye design, but I'd say lightning plays no part here- that's clearly azure, without a doubt.

I'm going to assume that it's just a non-set CGI model for now, due to the completely different style used compared to the sets.

If it does turn out to be a set, I'm going to agree with VBBN that a third azure head sounds pretty boring. I loved the idea of making another Beast from SB's smaller half, but it's less unique now. I don't know what colour they could use instead though..all bright colours have already been used, except blue..which is too close to azure anyway.

Also, have people seen that the spider creatures actually look like they're made of HF bones? That's a pretty amusing little easter egg.

I don't know that I'd call that an easter egg. They just have enhanced detail, same as the heroes. It helps that the legs of the jumpers are designed to resemble some of the same parts that the larger monsters use (specifically, the new talon pieces). I think it would have been more unusual if the CGI models for them DIDN'T use any pre-existing CGI assets and were instead made completely from scratch.

I was actually trying to MOC traditional "constraction-scale" versions of the heroes and jumpers on LDD before this trailer came out. I built the heroes differently, though, using the square armor detail pieces from the summer Breakout sets for their shoulders and pretty much Brain Attack style torsos (minus the locking clamps). Even though the CGI models in the episode aren't truly buildable, I think they do manage to resemble the minifigure designs a bit more closely.

Y'all who have zoomed in on parts of the trailer to identify who owns what mech are doing us a great favor, by the way. Good to know that Breez gets a machine, although I hope new versions of the other four heroes show up in the summer — the fact that at least one or two of the winter hero figures is being reused in the summer might not bode well for them.

I REALLY don't think the super-detailed beast is the queen... He has a upper AND lower Azure head pieces. I doubt it'll be a set though...

Away from this queen business, I should think Surge will be getting some kind of flying mech, like how his Brain Attack form had a similar-looking jetpack. Also like that jetpack, I think the wings will be able to be folded in.