just2good

Hero Factory 2014 Discussion

No reason was given as to why they are delayed so late.

What a bummer about the armors not fitting a minifigure. Combined with the cockpits that can't easily hold normal figures and how unnecessarily tall the MFs are. It is almost as if the designers were actively trying to make the concept of this wave fail as absurdly as possible. I am so disappointed, really. Sure, they are much better than the Bionicle figures, but that's not exactly a difficult accomplishment to have.

They fit, and if you add on the helmet as well you could please people who want a more 'classic' minifigure, but I think the issue is that the armor looks a bit big on a standard minifig.

They want no distractions in promoting the LEGO movie.

What a bummer about the armors not fitting a minifigure. Combined with the cockpits that can't easily hold normal figures and how unnecessarily tall the MFs are. It is almost as if the designers were actively trying to make the concept of this wave fail as absurdly as possible. I am so disappointed, really. Sure, they are much better than the Bionicle figures, but that's not exactly a difficult accomplishment to have.

I would argue the figures AREN'T "unnecessarily tall". For the armor and helmets to be compatible with classic minifigures at all without giving the heroes excessively cartoony proportions, the figures have to be at least this tall. And I don't think a lot of kids (i.e. the audience that actually makes a typical LEGO theme profitable) will be all that concerned about a gap above the shoulders.

Also, do we know for a fact that the cockpits can't hold normal figures? I don't remember that being explicitly mentioned in any of the reviews, whereas Front explicitly said two pages ago that they do fit. So that assumption seems to be dead in the water.

Edited by Aanchir

Regular minifigs fit as long as they have the armor. I believe Front said the hand width of the Heroes is different compared to a regular minifig, so they wouldn't be able to hold the controls.

Regular minifigs fit as long as they have the armor. I believe Front said the hand width of the Heroes is different compared to a regular minifig, so they wouldn't be able to hold the controls.

That makes no sense. How can the herofigs hold minifig weapons and tools then? I think the issue is the arms' angle to the body.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

11157795225_77d68019f1_z.jpg

11157975683_b1d59f4e63_o.jpg

And to show off how the helmets work on normal prints;

11157975433_2d7e75263d_o.jpg

11157828296_af429c073c_o.jpg

Just snapped these real quick with my phone, will edit them into the reviews later but I'm taking requests on the spot. Anything else let me know

Love this guy!

Anyway, good to see that the figs do, in fact, fit fine in the cockpits. In fact, it looks nice and snug. It shouldn't be hard to fix the issue with the controls if you use slightly more complicated controls, kind of like the ones in some Speeder bikes from LEGO Star Wars.

I thoroughly enjoy those minifigures with the heroes' helmets, although it really showcases how awkward the helmet from Breez looks. They could've made that a little bit longer and more angular, I think.

They want no distractions in promoting the LEGO movie.

megabluck THE LEGO MOVIE. LEGO RUINED MY CHRISTMAS. :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

megabluck THE LEGO MOVIE. LEGO RUINED MY CHRISTMAS. :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

Overreaction much?

Honestly, why does this demand so much whining? In a lot of countries, it's normal to have to wait a few months for certain themes to be released. In some countries, certain themes aren't released in brick-and-mortar retailers at all. So in the grand scheme of things this is not so bad.

I think your Christmas is a necessary sacrifice. The prosperity of HF sales must be assured!

Plus the Lego Movie looks pretty cool.

Ok, we get it. Calm down guy. Breathe in........and breathe out.

megabluck THE LEGO MOVIE. LEGO RUINED MY CHRISTMAS. (excessive use of crying faces removed)

Although very possible, it isn't for certain. Besides being a Lego fan always requires patience. You'll probably only have to wait another month as Toys R Us usually has sets a full month early. As pointed out above, please stop with the excessive emotes. One displays your emotion quite enough.

I find the March date rather nice, as it gives me plenty of time to collect all of the Chima and Lego Movie sets first. For the four months after, all I'll have to care about is HERO Factory and Mixels. That's the small purchase calm period I've been waiting for. The new HF sets look excellent and I can't wait to get my hands on them!

That makes no sense. How can the herofigs hold minifig weapons and tools then? I think the issue is the arms' angle to the body.

-Gata signoff.png

Oh, sorry. Yeah that's what I meant to say. By hand width I meant the width between the two hands across the body. Not the hand's gripping part. But yeah, arm angle makes much more sense.

Anywho, nice to see some pics. The minifig looks quite good inside the cockpit and with the armor. And since you're taking requests, VBBN, I might as well ask: could you take pictures of the comics inside the instruction booklet? I want to bask in the lovely artwork.

Edited by Kalhiki

Although very possible, it isn't for certain. Besides being a Lego fan always requires patience. You'll probably only have to wait another month as Toys R Us usually has sets a full month early. As pointed out above, please stop with the excessive emotes. One displays your emotion quite enough.

I find the March date rather nice, as it gives me plenty of time to collect all of the Chima and Lego Movie sets first. For the four months after, all I'll have to care about is HERO Factory and Mixels. That's the small purchase calm period I've been waiting for. The new HF sets look excellent and I can't wait to get my hands on them!

W-Wait, you collect HF?!

W-Wait, you collect HF?!

With this wave I will be :grin::moar: I do have a couple from earlier waves as well. I don't understand why this wave in particular appeals to me.

I have noticed that the variation between characters/mechs is a lot better than the Rise of the Rookies and Ordeal of Fire waves, and I can see that it has greatly bettered my view on HERO Factory. All I got to do is stay from that absolutely horrible TV series (which I have always find really, really hard to do, because Lego :tongue: ) and I should be good :thumbup:

Edited by Penkid11

Oh, sorry. Yeah that's what I meant to say. By hand width I meant the width between the two hands across the body. Not the hand's gripping part. But yeah, arm angle makes much more sense.

Anywho, nice to see some pics. The minifig looks quite good inside the cockpit and with the armor. And since you're taking requests, VBBN, I might as well ask: could you take pictures of the comics inside the instruction booklet? I want to bask in the lovely artwork.

Of course. Might need to wait until tuesday morning as I work through to the night tomorrow but I'll get them together ASAP.

I must clarify that my LEGO movie comment was a completely out of nowhere speculation.

Although it does make some sense.

But really, you spoiled Americans. I am not even sure we'll get this wave AT ALL around here. We barely had 1/4 of brain attack this year, and I had to wait till last week for it, and not in the usual big LEGO retailer I use. It appears that Chima truly did "replace" HF in here.

Edited by vexorian

Yeah.

It's more of some revenge given to us for ALWAYS getting the sets first...usually...not always.

So I'm fine with waiting too.

Besides, for me at least, it will be worth it.

If the sets do start arriving a bit early it might be worth it for some U.S. people to try to find someone in another country (Canada ideally) who can find them in stores and just have them go purchase them and ship them over for them. As a transformers fan this is something I do monthly, for things such as Japanese exclusives, or even rare sets. (Our Michigan group for example, if a figure comes out that will be hard to get, people each say if they want one and the person who finds the figure first buys a bunch and distributes them accordingly.)

Just worth a shot if you really can't wait for March.

Oh also to clarify, I couldn't mention it until today, but I do believe that Evo XL review that was leaked onto B-shelf is for BZP. (I think that was a bit obvious since the bshelf belonged to a BZP reviewer, but alas) As of right now BZP and I are the only ones with the sets, so as for where the person got it from, that's likely the case. Currently the sets are not out early anywhere.

Though I did see trans bright green claws from stealth machine on Bricklink the other day 0.o

Though I did see trans bright green claws from stealth machine on Bricklink the other day 0.o

Scarox had them for mandibles.