just2good

Hero Factory 2014 Discussion

I am very intrigued about this year's combo models... Especially between the hero mechs.

Who thinks that will be getting twin-piloted combo mechs where one hero controls the actual mech and the other hero controls the weaponry?

I am very intrigued about this year's combo models... Especially between the hero mechs.

Who thinks that will be getting twin-piloted combo mechs where one hero controls the actual mech and the other hero controls the weaponry?

I thought about dual pilot Machines too (and I think we'll get an official set like this in Summer), though I didn't got beyond that. Your idea makes sense and sounds cool.

the picture don't wan't to come out? i'm curious too. can somebody save it on brickshelf? because it looks like the picture has been erased. or is it just me?

Odd..I'll try to attach it so you can see it. The file size goes beyond the 56k.

EDIT: http://www.majhost.c...Lego/spback.jpg

Edited by Shakar

thanks shakar! now that i saw it, i can say that splitter beast is interesting indeed. the only thing i don't like is that medium gray technic piece sticking out from tho front of smaller beast's body. that can be very easily fixed tough. and, hey, another XT4 torso. that piece always welcomed.

You're welcome!

The medium bley connector block you're talking about, however, can't be removed. It's how the two monsters connect together, just like the Matoran and the canister set did back in 2008 Bionicle (though that was a different, L shaped piece).

Of course you can remove it if you're planning to keep the two separate (like I probably will).

And speaking of SP, did anyone figure out whether the main Beast's head is Bright Orange or Tr. Reddish Orange? I honestly can't tell. In the front bag art it looked Bright Orange, but now I'm not so sure anymore. I hope it's Tr. Reddish Orange like its claws and shells. I don't like when the two colours are mixed (like on BA Bulk)- TrRO is closer to Bright Red IMHO.

And since I didn't reply to Aanchir yesterday (doing it on my tablet would've been a real pain):

Well, in terms of actual mechs, only four heroes are covered in the first wave, but in terms of minifigures, there are five (Furno, Breez, Evo, Rocka, and Stormer). So I think we'll at least have a good shot at getting the other four heroes (Surge, Stringer, Bulk, and Nex) in the summer, especially since Splitter Beast demonstrated you can have more than one minifigure per set.

One advantage of the switch from character-based models to mechs is that it's not too hard to build your own custom mech. With the heroes who were omitted from Brain Attack, building your own would be a real challenge, since there are no helmets for those heroes designed to work with the Brain Attack heads and visors. But as long as we get minifigures of the characters, that's all the character-specific molds we'd need for Invasion from Below.

That is true. Plus I forgot that Rocka is exclusive to the Stealth Machine, so the possibility of more exclusive minifigs is obviously there.

It's true that making your own mech is much easier than making your own BA Hero, but you'd be still missing two unique parts: the cockpit with the Hero name, and the printed shell with unique colours. I guess you can reuse some of them, but I hope we get more of those shells in Summer.

I also like the color schemes. They are unified to a great extent by the use of black and medium azur, but they have other bright accent colors to add further visual interest. I do somewhat wonder what color scheme a mech for Stringer would have in the summer, though — heavy use of black might interfere with the visual language this wave has established. Then again, it shouldn't be hard to reduce the use of black in his mech without losing that connection to the character. After all, Rocka's mech only has three Warm Gold pieces, and two of them are almost entirely concealed by additional Titanium Metallic armor!

Magenta (Bright Reddish Violet) is a lovely color that I wish we'd see in more themes. The Alien Conquest alien minifigures really showed how it can be used well without looking "girly".

That's a fair point on Stringer's mech (if he gets one... sigh), I'm thinking it could have tr. blue as its main colour, to homage its pilot. The Machines are avoiding transparent shells so far but that might be the exception...unless..this could be the right time we get dark blue shells?

And yeah, they can very well make it not seem steretypically girly. The punk guy from CMF had his spiky mohawk in magenta too. It would look fantastic with black and azur.

Edited by Shakar

i don't intend to remove it. i'll just put it on the back of bigger beast when they're seperated. that way, the splitting/combining function won't be gone, and the looks will still better, at least from the front.

Ah, yes. It definitely makes more sense like that, I guess they did it that way to show the function better (the main Beast would've covered the piece).

The medium bley connector block you're talking about, however, can't be removed. It's how the two monsters connect together, just like the Matoran and the canister set did back in 2008 Bionicle (though that was a different, L shaped piece).

Well, the Toa Nuva and Av-Matoran used the same connector piece, actually. It was only the Makuta and Shadow Matoran that used the L-shaped piece.

That is true. Plus I forgot that Rocka is exclusive to the Stealth Machine, so the possibility of more exclusive minifigs is obviously there.

It's true that making your own mech is much easier than making your own BA Hero, but you'd be still missing two unique parts: the cockpit with the Hero name, and the printed shell with unique colours. I guess you can reuse some of them, but I hope we get more of those shells in Summer.

I'm pretty sure the Hero names on the windscreens are stickers, so that wouldn't be too hard to customize. The stripes and font are plain enough to replicate without too much hassle. You're right about the printed shells, though.

That's a fair point on Stringer's mech (if he gets one... sigh), I'm thinking it could have tr. blue as its main colour, to homage its pilot. The Machines are avoiding transparent shells so far but that might be the exception...unless..this could be the right time we get dark blue shells?

Transparent Blue could maybe work, yeah, probably with a number of Titanium Metallic parts as well. I don't know how I'd like an Earth Blue mech for Stringer, though. It just seems like it'd be quite drab when I try to picture it in my head.

The way smaller beast is attached to bigger beast seems okay for me, but overall small beast looks bad. Why there's no armor? A small chest piece so it won't look so awfully unfinished.

The way smaller beast is attached to bigger beast seems okay for me, but overall small beast looks bad. Why there's no armor? A small chest piece so it won't look so awfully unfinished.

if it's a body armor, it has one on his back. but if your talking about front chest armor, i don't think it's possible. i mean, it use XT4 torso. even the smallest 3M cladding would already covered most of its connection points.

if it's a body armor, it has one on his back. but if your talking about front chest armor, i don't think it's possible. i mean, it use XT4 torso. even the smallest 3M cladding would already covered most of its connection points.

So that means... We may be getting FOUR XT4 torsos in the sets next year? :cry_happy:

Now I'm sold. I NEED those chibi torsos! :wub:

I thought about dual pilot Machines too (and I think we'll get an official set like this in Summer), though I didn't got beyond that. Your idea makes sense and sounds cool.

Odd..I'll try to attach it so you can see it. The file size goes beyond the 56k.

EDIT: http://www.majhost.c...Lego/spback.jpg

Lol :tongue: I thought that will be a creature with two heads and it's just two connected guys just like Matorans with Toa in 2008. Creative idea. Maybe it will be used in next Pacific Rim :thumbup:

Splitter beast is screaming to me to be modded... The combis should be interesting!

So,Mesonak has once again put a video up on TTV of his thoughts as well as others of the final pics of Evo Walker and Jaw Beast.

Still can't get over the way he pronounces the word walk. Meso, it's pronounced "wok" not "wallk".

Edited by Jetrax99

Itbegings.png

The set looks better than I thought, but I'm still not interested. Only maybe as a parts pack if I find it at a bargain price.

I'm eagerly awaiting for the Beasts.

Edited by Shakar

I had little doubt there would be stickers after seeing the high-resolution images from Walmart.ca, and that doubt went away entirely when I realized they were included in the piece counts of Furno and Evo's machines. I don't mind at all, personally. There are some instances where applying stickers is bothersome, but small surfaces with straight, well-defined edges and corners are not one of them.

The set looks awesome in these photos, and the jumpers and mini-robots are nicely designed.

Well since Hero Factory is looking so good I think I save up to go to my local TRU to get the 2012 breakout sets and wait till next year to get the Brain attack sets. I wish this theme had at least one more female protagonist, maybe as part of another team?

And in the following link, I spy with my little eye a 3 headed beast, hopefully saved for the summer wave!

http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5988293

Edited by Freddy Bricker

Well since Hero Factory is looking so good I think I save up to go to my local TRU to get the 2012 breakout sets and wait till next year to get the Brain attack sets. I wish this theme had at least one more female protagonist, maybe as part of another team?

And in the following link, I spy with my little eye a 3 headed beast, hopefully saved for the summer wave!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5988293

I ninja'd you.

But still..the three headed "kaiju" is huge.

I ninja'd you.

But still..the three headed "kaiju" is huge.

I always get ninja'd, I'll have to talk to the turtles about that one.

But did anyone else notice the little blue mech on Evo's side? It looks nothing like the Evo walker, it uses surge's color scheme, and it has wheels! :cry_happy: Summer wave, are you hiding all of these great sets?

Edited by Freddy Bricker

I always get ninja'd, I'll have to talk to the turtles about that one.

But did anyone else notice the little blue mech on Evo's side? It looks nothing like the Evo walker, it uses surge's color scheme, and it has wheels! :cry_happy: Summer wave, are you hiding all of these great sets?

I think that's Stormer Freeze Machine.

I think that's Stormer Freeze Machine.

Well the cockpits are different and the one on brickshelf appears to have 2 wheels rather than 1 (and it's different than the one on Stormers arm, which come to think of it isn't really a wheel at all). I'd like to think it;s a new set, or just an alternative model with moding from the designers of the comic.

Well the cockpits are different and the one on brickshelf appears to have 2 wheels rather than 1 (and it's different than the one on Stormers arm, which come to think of it isn't really a wheel at all). I'd like to think it;s a new set, or just an alternative model with moding from the designers of the comic.

Hmmm.

Haven't seen it yet.

Must look harder!