just2good

Hero Factory 2014 Discussion

I doubt it. I'd expect them to keep it around for at least a few months, since this year's Hero Factory sets are probably expected to remain on store shelves for a while. There just won't be new Hero Factory sets joining them or taking their place.

Yeah, so we could say "Our condolences to HF fans i EGO's Message Boards here from Eurobricks" when HF is discotinued?

Say which 2 Hero Helmets would be the best to make Minifigures of Nex and Stringer. My thought was Breez's for Nex and Surge's For Stringer. Breez's somewhat resembles Nex's Breakout Helm. And Surge's somewhat resembles Stringer's 1.0 Helm

BIONICLE's websites lasted a good while, but that was also due to fan support, which I doubt HF has enough of to keep the sites afloat.

Ah well. There's always the Wayback Machine...

Why is HF set to be discontinued next year?

Most probably for the very same reason BIONICLE was discontinued more than four years ago: declining sales.

It happens to every theme, and HF may say with pride that it took five years of sets to rech the point of no return.

Also, before starting the argument "but HF hadn't any cut in its sets quantity!" let me say that neither BIONICLE got them in 2009. BIONICLE Stars were just a gift to the fans, so 2010 doesn't really count.

HF DID cut its set quantity, it was just a lot more gradual. Savage Planet had the nice number of 12 sets, by Invasion from Below we had only 7-8 sets per wave.

Is Hero Factory still unpopular or popular among LEGO fans?

It really depends who you ask. Some AFOLs hate all constraction themes, because they feel like they're "not real LEGO". Some BIONICLE fans dislike Hero Factory because they feel like it doesn't live up to BIONICLE, while other BIONICLE fans embrace it. And I'm sure there's a contingent of people who grew up with Hero Factory and will have lots of nostalgia for it in the years to come, but who simply aren't old enough to be active within AFOL communities.

As far as I know, Hero Factory's definitely never been as popular as BIONICLE was at its peak in 2002, but then again, few things have been.

Want a villain for your minifigs to fight? Give your spare Bulk some silver armour on his torso and red eyes.

You've instantly got a G1 Megatron figure.

Oh man. I never saw that. And since you can clip things to the forearms, you can make a Fusion Cannon!

Want a villain for your minifigs to fight? Give your spare Bulk some silver armour on his torso and red eyes.

i also tought his face looks like megatron, but what i had in mind is bayformer megatron, not G1 megatron.

LOL how that never came to me, genius!

Edited by BuilderMax

And here I was trying to avoid spending more money.

Now I'll be on the lookout for Drill Machine and Crystal Beast.

Heh, I was kinda absent from Eurobricks due to moving (and having a larger focus on a certain videogame that is about to get released next week), but it's kinda ironic that you discuss Transformers just when I return. I also have to pick up two Bulks now I'm afraid, as I wanted to get one anyway because I'm planning on using Mixel joints and the Minifig Hero Heads for making custom LEGO Transformers, but if Bulktron seems convincing enough, I may have to keep one intact just for the heck of it (even though I would also need two Surge's then, as the one I already own will keep his red eyes).

A couple days ago I finally got Breez Flea Machine, and I love it every bit as much as I expected! At first I was disappointed to find out that flicking the claw didn't seem to work, but I discovered that it works just fine if you unwind the winch completely before flicking the claw — the force of flicking it is not enough to unwind the winch on its own. The cocoons are awesome, as is the Breez mini-hero and the decorated shell unique to this set.

My brother got Bulk Drill Machine, and while it's also a very nice design, I'm a little bit disappointed that the drill section spins independently instead of in tandem with the laser on the other end. It would be cool to be able to use the laser as a handle for rotating the drill and vice-versa. A single 24-tooth gear could have fixed this issue.

It's a shame that Hero Factory went out like this. It's for the better, but it could have had a better send off. Hero Factory Stars?

Frankly, I feel the Invasion From Below sets were a heck of a lot better than the Stars as a send-off for the theme. IFB gave us iconic minifigure versions of the majority of the Heroes, so that even once the theme is done fans can continue to use the Heroes alongside their minifigures from other themes. Perhaps it's just The Lego Movie that makes me think this, but I've got a feeling that I'll be getting more use out of the mini-heroes after the theme's end than I ever did with my Bionicle figures after Bionicle ended.

I wonder if we'll see minifig-scale Bionicle sets at any point in the next few years? Seeing as the builds of the new Bionicle sets are so similar to those of HF, many of the mini-hero parts would work just as well for Toa minifigs. I'd love to be able to integrate both Furno and Tahu into future System displays, and the mini-hero build is so much better than the old Bionicle figs... I guess I can only hope.

Frankly, I feel the Invasion From Below sets were a heck of a lot better than the Stars as a send-off for the theme. IFB gave us iconic minifigure versions of the majority of the Heroes, so that even once the theme is done fans can continue to use the Heroes alongside their minifigures from other themes. Perhaps it's just The Lego Movie that makes me think this, but I've got a feeling that I'll be getting more use out of the mini-heroes after the theme's end than I ever did with my Bionicle figures after Bionicle ended.

I wonder if we'll see minifig-scale Bionicle sets at any point in the next few years? Seeing as the builds of the new Bionicle sets are so similar to those of HF, many of the mini-hero parts would work just as well for Toa minifigs. I'd love to be able to integrate both Furno and Tahu into future System displays, and the mini-hero build is so much better than the old Bionicle figs... I guess I can only hope.

considering that it is rumored that bionicle 2015 has been in the works for at least 2 years, this last wave of HF had a lot of time to be planed and therefore went out with style, by doing the last thing they were missing, integrating minifig scale and CCBS to the line. CCBS has a lot of potential and will be HF's gift to LEGO.

BIONICLE minifigs?? i would like to see them in he style of the HF ones, but i think a playset line , like the ones we got trough 2005/2007 would only saturate the market with more action oriented minifig lines (ninjago, chima, SW) and wouldnt stand a chance agaisnt them as for minifig riding a giant robot ... i dont think it aligns with the feel of Bionicle old or new.

It's a shame that Hero Factory went out like this. It's for the better, but it could have had a better send off. Hero Factory Stars?

i never liked bionicle stars, but if they were doing this like the way they do bionicle stars, except using ccbs, that would mean they would use those small xt4 torso, which is always a welcome for me.

i never liked bionicle stars, but if they were doing this like the way they do bionicle stars, except using ccbs, that would mean they would use those small xt4 torso, which is always a welcome for me.

Luckily it seems like we'll see plenty of that torso in Bionicle next year.

I'm still hoping for one of those polybags to make it for a winter promotion. The lil' beast is just too cute not to have, and it would be a nice acknowledgement of the line ending, which looks to be otherwise unceremonious in nature.