just2good

Hero Factory 2014 Discussion

An episode of the podcast? Sure, I don't see why not. Would probably be an interesting topic.

Then I could say I've finally contributed to the TTV podcast and I can die a happy man.

Personally, I love the jumpers. I wouldn't say they land on their feet all the time (or even 50% of the time) but they are JUST SO FUN to launch. And they work a lot better than the old mini-Visorak—you can easily get them to jump a foot in the air and a foot forward, and when you get that kind of air you don't care how they land.

The visorak minis launch great if you do it the right way - you have to push down on the back of the pin hole and then pull your finger back (not upwards). I can say because I have one with me at the moment.

Then I could say I've finally contributed to the TTV podcast and I can die a happy man.

I didn't even know you followed the podcast; that's pretty cool to know. Some of us are pretty big fans of your MoCs. :P

Edited by Mesonak

Jaw beast. Set of the year, IMO.

I agree 9001% with WARHEAD. Jaw Beast is probably the most fun of all the Beasts to mess around with and build slight variations of, and you get 4 tr. light blue bones, several purple spikes and one of the most plain head prints of the year, right after Crystal Beast. Plus, you get three of the new claws, which, if you're not going to get another HF set this year, you'll need to get at least one of, as they're highly useful for pretty much all organic or even slightly bestial MOCs.

Yup, if you have to choose only one, buy Jaw Beast. He's really great, and he's one of the cheapest set, which is good for your wallet. :thumbup:

Furno is a slightly more inspiring build than Jaw Beast(but of course is higher in price) and is the best of the first wave of Mechs, I don't know if you are leaning toward beast or Mech but those would be the top two contenders in each slot for sure. Both are good builds and parts packs in my opinion (but I like red sets so that may be a bit biased on my part for Furno)

Thanks you guys. Jaw Beast was actually my first pick for the purple. If its still only wave one then Furno will be my first Mech pick then.

The visorak minis launch great if you do it the right way - you have to push down on the back of the pin hole and then pull your finger back (not upwards). I can say because I have one with me at the moment.

I know how the mini-Visorak launch best, because the new jumpers launch best in much the same way (I have both on hand). But the new jumpers, by virtue of being larger and using a springier material for the legs, easily get three times as much air as the mini-Visorak on a good launch, and don't "misfire" nearly as easily as the Visorak.

3rdeye: Are you saying that you already have Jaw Beast? If so, as a set I'd have to recommend Splitter or Flyer Beast, but if you want a greater variety of parts (rather than more of the same ones, which is usually just as useful), I'd agree with you on getting Furno's mech. If you can afford it, try to go for the XL Machine, as it seems like a far more enjoyable set, with better pieces for MOCcing, such as a large amount of the Drilldozer connector.

3rdeye: Are you saying that you already have Jaw Beast? If so, as a set I'd have to recommend Splitter or Flyer Beast, but if you want a greater variety of parts (rather than more of the same ones, which is usually just as useful), I'd agree with you on getting Furno's mech. If you can afford it, try to go for the XL Machine, as it seems like a far more enjoyable set, with better pieces for MOCcing, such as a large amount of the Drilldozer connector.

No I'm saying that of all of the sets he was my first pick of sets I wanted as well. I don't have it yet. I just spent the last little bit of "fun money' on a bricklink order. I spent $25 which is more than enough to get a HF set but the BL order is far more useful. I'm all out ofa few kinds of thin lift arms in black, dark and light gray. I guess at some point I'll try and get the HF sets from this year. Even if the new parts offering isn't as substantial its still more HF parts to work with, that's always good. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

My local Target store now has Evo's XL machine and Rocka's Stealth Machine.. and that's it.

Hopefully, more will become available in my area soon!

If you can afford it, try to go for the XL Machine, as it seems like a far more enjoyable set, with better pieces for MOCcing, such as a large amount of the Drilldozer connector.

large amount? i have evo xl machine, and i did get the drilldozer connector. but i wouldn't call 1 piece as "large amount".

EDIT: oh wait, it's 3 pieces. i forgot to count the one on the hip. sorry. :grin:

Edited by bacem

Picked up all the beasts and Evo's walker yesterday. I have to say, these things are better than I excpected! Well, the Walker was lackluster, so I turned that into a mech. I also made the beasts larger.

I just bought the Furno Jet Machine at Walmart, but they didn't have the entire wave, just the Jet Machine, Splitter Beast, and Evo XL. Are all of the stores splitting the waves like this?

I just bought the Furno Jet Machine at Walmart, but they didn't have the entire wave, just the Jet Machine, Splitter Beast, and Evo XL. Are all of the stores splitting the waves like this?

My store has only had those three sets for quite a while, but they do have tags up for the rest of the sets. I was hoping they'd put the rest of them out on March 1st (I'm going later today to check). I'll report back with findings.

Some of them are available on Walmart.com, however, and reports are indicating that they're starting to show up at Target stores.

If the sets are sold to retailers like last year's were, they're sold as "bundles" including packs of about three different set varieties. If that's the case, some stores may only buy one "pack", so they won't have the full variety all at once.

All the sets have now hit the stores in scandinavia, I really have picked up all that i need but i might get either furno or stormer as I quite like the cockpit windshield for mocs.

Also, Meso, while I noticed you forgot to bring up the topic I don't really think it would've fit in too well with the chaotic nature of the latest TTV podcast :L :tongue:

All the sets have now hit the stores in scandinavia, I really have picked up all that i need but i might get either furno or stormer as I quite like the cockpit windshield for mocs.

Also, Meso, while I noticed you forgot to bring up the topic I don't really think it would've fit in too well with the chaotic nature of the latest TTV podcast :L :tongue:

Fun fact: that episode was actually recorded way back on February 22nd but its release got held up a week due to technical issues. I'll probably mention it on the next show. The latest one was quite chaotic, wasn't it? XD

I love Hero Factory, even though BIONICLE will still forever be in my heart. The last time I really purchased a set was the whole Breakout wave in 2012, then I bought Brain Attack Evo and have ignored him since. I really want to get back into collecting the theme. I love what LEGO is doing with the current wave, with walkers, mechs, and minifig-sized heroes. If I were to buy an IFB set to test the wave out, which one should I go for? I'm thinking Evo XL Machine, but I want more opinions.

Edited by Puffle Pal26

I love Hero Factory, even though BIONICLE will still forever be in my heart. The last time I reallypurchased a set was the whole Breakout wave in 2012, then I bought Brain Attack Evo and have ignored him since. I really want to get back into collecting the theme. I love what LEGO is doing with the current wave, with walkers, mechs, and minifig-sized heroes. If I were to buy an IFB set to test the wave out, which one should I go for? I'm thinking Evo XL Machine, but I want more opinions.

Furno's Jet Machine. Best construction, it's a very complete and full set.

I love Hero Factory, even though BIONICLE will still forever be in my heart. The last time I reallypurchased a set was the whole Breakout wave in 2012, then I bought Brain Attack Evo and have ignored him since. I really want to get back into collecting the theme. I love what LEGO is doing with the current wave, with walkers, mechs, and minifig-sized heroes. If I were to buy an IFB set to test the wave out, which one should I go for? I'm thinking Evo XL Machine, but I want more opinions.

Like I've said previously.

It depends what you're looking for?

If you're looking for a great small mech the Rocka 44019 is the best looking one overall, the Furno 44018 machine shows great use of the bones and has a very unique and cool looking build. The stormer 44017 is quite lacking in both innovation and accessory department and is a rather jumble of different things.

If you're interested in just mocing with the new parts the smallest set evo walker gives you both a minifig and cockpit pieces for you to use, though the set itself looks absolutely dreadful and has stability issues.

For beast, all the beasts have the exact same head mold and the only new notable pieces are some spike/tail things and new feat, making the best portion of this really just dependent on the pieces you already have.

If you're looking to just get your fair share out of this wave then I'd do what I did and go with Furno or Rocka machine with either one of the three beasts, it gives you a nice amount of different new accessories and pieces to play around with.

The big Evo machine 44022 is really just an overpriced mech, most of the pieces are just an assortment of usual HF pieces and technic and doesnt really give you much overall.

Fun fact: that episode was actually recorded way back on February 22nd but its release got held up a week due to technical issues. I'll probably mention it on the next show. The latest one was quite chaotic, wasn't it? XD

No worries either way :classic: It was indeed, though I found myself laughing rather audibly at times, it was amusingly hysterical and nice to see you people back on track with the podcast, it really had been too long :thumbup: Though I think I'd have to visit some of the chats here and there and get more of his side as to why he doesn't use google, why on earth would someone burden themselves to such a thing? It got me rather curious.

And don't get me started on the "high" thing.

Edited by exxtrooper

Alright, thanks everyone! I've heard great things about Furno Jet Machine, so I think I will get that. It helps that I like Furno the best out of all the mini heroes.

Alright, thanks everyone! I've heard great things about Furno Jet Machine, so I think I will get that. It helps that I like Furno the best out of all the mini heroes.

It certainly helps that it impressed Huw when he reviewed it a while back... and he'd been harking on about how lackluster constraction is for a while.

my target had the xl, the jet, and the stealth machines in this morning. lets just say thisis the first time since i got back from work 3 hours ago that ive stopped building crap with these new parts! these sets are EPIC!

my target had the xl, the jet, and the stealth machines in this morning. lets just say thisis the first time since i got back from work 3 hours ago that ive stopped building crap with these new parts! these sets are EPIC!

Nice! Which sets did you get?

Nice! Which sets did you get?

all three of the ones that they had. built i combi model of the xl and the stealth, may post it up tonight.

all three of the ones that they had. built i combi model of the xl and the stealth, may post it up tonight.

wait, combi of xl and the stealth? an official one?

wait, combi of xl and the stealth? an official one?

no, the xl official combi mode just seems... well it kinda sucks. so i made one of just them. calling it the brawler machine. ill see if i can take a few good pics and post it up.