just2good

Hero Factory 2014 Discussion

Thanks for the compliments on the MOC everyone! Still has some refining to be done but right now it's got a solid start.

Nice MOC VBBN! I checked in on my profile for the first time in a few days... Does anyone know how I got my Tahu mask? :look:. I'm not complaining though! :laugh:

Tahu mask is explained here

As for the game here is what is shown the instruction booklets;

11376037845_6f6e40e171.jpg

Looks like a picture used for apps on phones, and given the phone hieroglyphic there, i'd say that would be a good bet. Also a "play" button and a controller. Not sure what this means but I'm interested

so it looks like there will be games, videos, and iphone/android app. nothing unsual here. wonder what kind of app will it be tough.

The detail on that website trailer is incredible.. Thanks, Xeros610!

And he's right too, about the beast scales having always been there. Look at Flyer Beast over there:

2014-trailer-flyerbeast.png

All of the beasts have that enhanced scale detailing on their kaiju noggins, pretty much ending all debate about whether or not the beast closeup is of a generic or made-up monstrosity.. and the eyes on the thing (along with the darker upper jaw - almost clearly black) confirm it as the egg-carrier beast.

Oh, by the way, VBBN, I asked this in the Evo Walker review already, but could you demonstrate the Herofig setup on the Ninjago skeleton? I've been curious to see how it looks ever since it was first suggested, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

(also hi meso sup)

Oh, by the way, VBBN, I asked this in the Evo Walker review already, but could you demonstrate the Herofig setup on the Ninjago skeleton? I've been curious to see how it looks ever since it was first suggested, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

My apologies, I did not see your request. Unfortunately I do not have any of the newer-style skeleton torsos. If I happen to obtain one soon I will take that picture for you.

The scaly heads do bring about another though I had with Meso, I dislike how smooth the actual Kaiju heads are. They do have decent texturing, but the art on the bags really makes them look worn down and jagged. This also could have been a good opportunity to receive some textured armor plating. That is something I am disappointed in, the lack of a new armor cover this weave. We have seen the "villain core," fire pieces, the 3.0 spiked pieces for the beasts, the knee pad and rounded shoulder armor, and in breakout we got the "fur" and the rock cladding. I'm not sure what they could have done this year, but I feel like a new add-on piece for the beasts wouldn't have gone amiss

Nice MOC VBBN, and I would hate to annoy you, this is the 2nd time I asked this, although the first time you didn't respond, but can you line up all of the Hero Factory minifigs, for us? I would love to see how Stormer, Breez, Furno, Rocka, and Evo all look together.

My apologies, I did not see your request. Unfortunately I do not have any of the newer-style skeleton torsos. If I happen to obtain one soon I will take that picture for you.

The scaly heads do bring about another though I had with Meso, I dislike how smooth the actual Kaiju heads are. They do have decent texturing, but the art on the bags really makes them look worn down and jagged. This also could have been a good opportunity to receive some textured armor plating. That is something I am disappointed in, the lack of a new armor cover this weave. We have seen the "villain core," fire pieces, the 3.0 spiked pieces for the beasts, the knee pad and rounded shoulder armor, and in breakout we got the "fur" and the rock cladding. I'm not sure what they could have done this year, but I feel like a new add-on piece for the beasts wouldn't have gone amiss

The fur cladding was only in the summer (although there was the rock cladding before it) so I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

That said, multiple new feet molds and claws and things kind of make up for it. Not to mention the heads.

Nice MOC VBBN, and I would hate to annoy you, this is the 2nd time I asked this, although the first time you didn't respond, but can you line up all of the Hero Factory minifigs, for us? I would love to see how Stormer, Breez, Furno, Rocka, and Evo all look together.

Actually I did post that in the topic here, however I will mirror the pic here for those interested;

11281328555_99bbfd3e96_z.jpg

The fur cladding was only in the summer (although there was the rock cladding before it) so I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

That said, multiple new feet molds and claws and things kind of make up for it. Not to mention the heads.

Oh I don't mean that it's gone, I just mean I'd like to see something new or at least have had those parts used in the winter wave here. Even some new colors of the "villain" core would have been nice. However if the trailer holds true and one of the walkers has lime green variants of the kneepad piece, that's a great start.

And I agree, I'm happy we got newer feet for the beasts. (And both of them feature clip attachment points for extra toes or cladding which is a great feature)

Great to see Bulk's not left out this time! His fig's helmet should be cool. :thumbup:

Yay! The annoying guy is back! xD Had to do it, dude. I've got a few thought that it is getting Power Miners' like. What means we could get mechs with drills and stuff like that for the second half of 2014. Don't you think?

I feel insulted

Hmm, Bulk would be a great addition to the rest of these little guys. I'm a little set off by a Breez walker, I didn't like Evo's, and this seems to be the same in design.

I feel insulted

I feel confused, was that sarcasm? And no, you're not annoying, I actually cracked up when I read the: ok shut up post you made.

Just noticed Surge's Mech has two cockpits. Dual piloted or combining mech perhaps?

Rumors say that it's a combining mech, a normal Robot Mech and a Jet Mech. Stringer and Surge seem to be part of it.

Rumors say that it's a combining mech, a normal Robot Mech and a Jet Mech. Stringer and Surge seem to be part of it.

That'd be cool. Considering Surge and Stringer share blue for a color, I could see this working quite well.

That'd be cool. Considering Surge and Stringer share blue for a color, I could see this working quite well.

That would be pretty neat. And you meant the "highlight" colors on Stringer right? (Since his main color is black)

from the look of it, it seems bulk doesn't get his own mech, so he probably will be included in monster set.