just2good

Hero Factory 2014 Discussion

Well, great. Now actual pictures of the physical set are gone.

Wait a minute ...I found some on a thai website. Search "lego 44022" in the past 24 hours (as of 17:57 EST)

The guy which we have seen with three monster heads is a combo made of Jaw Beast and Split Beast. I'm just saying because you were excited about him.

Review of Evo Walker is now up on BZP. Along with a video review if that suits your fancy.

And yeah, it's a special shipment from Lego. Looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer for them to be released. A lot longer:

Before we dive in, there's a couple things to go over. First, the LEGO CEE Team kindly shared with us that these sets will not be available in North America until March 1st, while they should be on store shelves everywhere else starting January 1st. They're aware this is not going to go over well with the community and have already passed it on. The decision has been made, and that's how it'll be. That said, I think we all know that these dates rarely prove solid, so you can probably expect to see the sets in the US by February sometime.
Edited by Kalhiki

Who knows, but it kinda makes me upset. I like to build new HF sets Christmas morning, and now it's not going to happen (didn't happen last year either since Brain Attack was later than usual as well). Hopefully it's just a worst-case-scenario estimate and we could be seeing them earlier.

BZP now has Furno Jet Machine as well.

I'm kind of amused. For once I'll be getting the new release before most of you guys :tongue:.

Edited by DraikNova

This is odd... Usually, the UK gets the sets AFTER the US gets them... Next year, it will be the other way around.

...Now I feel bad for complaining about the fact that the US got BA Wave 2 in May while the UK got them at the end of September. ;o;

(Meanwhile, in that place where countries are personified...)

UK: Quit hogging the early dates, US!

US: Fine, fine. You can have these stupid early dates.

Anyway, glad to see I can get my sets soon. So excited for mechs and splitting beasts!

hopefully this enables american retailers to reduce the price of DB and rocka jet.

It occurs to me minifigure heads could/should have been transparent. That would have really been the most awesome thing ever. Too bad.

:cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

LEGO........You have pissed me off.

Alright everyone all of the reviews are now live and running;

It occurs to me minifigure heads could/should have been transparent. That would have really been the most awesome thing ever. Too bad.

There wouldn't have been enough light passing through the helmet to show the color to the eyes.

*oh2* I wasn't expecting any more reviews this soon, what a nice early Christmas gift.

There wouldn't have been enough light passing through the helmet to show the color to the eyes.

I'd still would have liked the trans pieces.

If the US doesn't get them till march. Does that mean Canada has to wait till march as well. Or do we get them in January like the rest of the world?

If the US doesn't get them till march. Does that mean Canada has to wait till march as well. Or do we get them in January like the rest of the world?

I've seen "North America" written in some places and "United States" written in others, so I'm not sure.

Edited by Chro

I had to wait till a week ago to get 1/2 of the first brain attack wave. Just saying.

Edited by vexorian

This is directly quoted from what was relayed to me from lego;

Also please note that the release dates are January 1st for ROW (Rest of World) and March 1st for US.

I know that is not optimal for our US fans, but please make sure to mark it clearly in the reviews.

Looks like only the United States is behind on this one.

They want no distractions in promoting the LEGO movie.

What a bummer about the armors not fitting a minifigure. Combined with the cockpits that can't easily hold normal figures and how unnecessarily tall the MFs are. It is almost as if the designers were actively trying to make the concept of this wave fail as absurdly as possible. I am so disappointed, really. Sure, they are much better than the Bionicle figures, but that's not exactly a difficult accomplishment to have.

Edited by vexorian

They want no distractions in promoting the LEGO movie.

I'd argue this is actually being done for Hero Factory's sake - in other words, they don't want the Lego Movie to plummet Hero Factory's already lackluster sales even further.

This is directly quoted from what was relayed to me from lego;

Looks like only the United States is behind on this one.

:laugh: Glad that I'm Canadian. I'll be visiting the Edmonton Lego Store this New Years week and picking up these sets.