just2good

Hero Factory 2014 Discussion

Given the low price, could it be that the VS sets are like Creator sets of sorts, with the same pieces used to build 2 different figurines?

Given the low price, could it be that the VS sets are like Creator sets of sorts, with the same pieces used to build 2 different figurines?

so after fusing creator- architecture with architecture studio, they gonna fuse creator- HF? highly unlikely, i think. i still stick with 2 figures in 1 set idea.

That'd be neat! I always loved the concept behind Creator/Designer sets. Haven't thought of that. Why would they call them "VS" though? Of course I don't except two completely different themes like Creator and HF to use the same naming policy, but..

I actually would prefer this to the risk of half-baked small sets.

That's definitely an interesting theory, and not one I had considered. Overall, I doubt the sets will be smaller-scale figures. I wouldn't necessarily complain if they were, but it'd be tricky to pull it off.

The medium-sized sets are now $15, not $13 like they've been since the theme began. Not that I mind — with the prices of the smaller sets now at $10, the price points' differences in complexity were shrinking, and besides, the Chima and Super Heroes constraction sets did a great job demonstrating how much potential there is for unique designs at a $15 price point. This also means the prices of the sets are a lot more friendly for calculating their relative value. Everything's basically in increments of $5.

Overall, I'm feeling optimistic about this lineup. Can't wait to see pictures!

Edited by Aanchir

2 figures for $10 is a little odd. I mean, would we have 2 chibi figures using the XT4 skeleton? It'll be cute, but somehow I don't think that'll be the case. A Creator-style set would certainly open up a ton of new possibilities to future HF sets.

Really looking forward to pictures this time. Was planning on quitting HF this year, but the lineup looks interesting. So far I have 7 out of the existing 9 Heroes (either in their Breakout or BA forms) and I still need Nex and Evo to complete my lineup, so I'll probably end up getting Evo XL.

I just had a thought! How is Furno's and Evo's opponent called? Splitter Beast. "Splitter" suggests duality. Anyone remember these two guys from Beast Wars? Maybe Furno and Evo turn into the two halves of Splitter Beast.

Or, if the small figures theory is correct, Splitter Beast turns into two monsters, one for each Hero to fight.

Either way, the prices are giving us food for thought on the mysterious VS sets, yet we have no clue on the 4 "Hero Vehicle" sets. But I can't completely exclude other possibilities:

a)Pure vehicle sets- HIGHLY unlikely, kids want characters in HF, they want to imagine conflict and stories. If they want vehicles, they might as well buy Technic.

b)Transformer (Hero to vehicle) sets- the 15 Euro sets and Evo XL might be able to pull it off, but I can't see standard size Evo doing it.

c)Small figures with small vehicles- if the VS sets contain small figures, this might happen..but maybe not. See D on why.

d)Non-transorming humanoids with vehicle bits- this is what I think will happen. This wave seems highly experimental as it is, so these could be much more standard figures.

Edited by Shakar

Interesting ideas,

Personally I think I prefer smaller sets as opposed to creator-designed sets, I feel like the designs would be far more lacking if we had to use the same pieces to change between two characters. With system it is a lot easier than with Hero Factory. We have much more specialized pieces, the colors are more of an issue, and it's really going to take a lot to create two vastly different characters.

And with smaller characters, some things make more sense; "Evo Walker" Imagine a small evo in a Mech-suit of sorts. Given a smaller scale, it's completely possible.

EDIT: Updated list with prices, so everyone can see it without clicking the page! Please edit the opening post, VBBN:

:look:

What the heck did I just do? :laugh: I saw a post of yours quoting the list and I thought that was the OP.

Really, sorry VBBN. :blush:

For the moment I am assuming that store site got trolled.

Trolled by who? By LEGO? That site has always been reliable so far, and I don't see why LEGO would do that.

The pricing makes these sets...interesting, to say the least. Excited for pictures! :)

-Gata signoff.png

I've got a feeling this wave is going to be very different to stuff we've seen before and I'm going to be displeased.

That being said, I fully support taking risks and trying new things. These prices are quite different; very curious to see just what kind of sets these actually are.

Even if some or all sets end up being lackluster, I think this wave will still bring a lot of great pieces. There were many BA sets I didn't like, yet the transparent cladding and the new weapons were fantastic.

My only issue is that the usual Heroes are being repeated- this is essentially the 2013 Winter wave, minus Bulk plus Evo. I'm tired of not seeing Nex and Stringer- they better return, together with Surge and Bulk.

Even if some or all sets end up being lackluster, I think this wave will still bring a lot of great pieces. There were many BA sets I didn't like, yet the transparent cladding and the new weapons were fantastic.

My only issue is that the usual Heroes are being repeated- this is essentially the 2013 Winter wave, minus Bulk plus Evo. I'm tired of not seeing Nex and Stringer- they better return, together with Surge and Bulk.

Yeah... I'll agree with you there. The heroes they're excluding from this wave are some of my personal favorites. It's frustrating when, for three waves, your favorite hero (Stringer) gets shafted in favor of repeats of Rocka and characters that have already been spotlighted enough.

Oh well. I'll still enjoy the sets regardless (unless they're freakish abominations and a disgrace to the theme). And, as you say, worst case scenario there are still plenty of new pieces. :P

Wait, you got it wrong- you ignored the other figures in the VS sets. It's not that Flyer Beast is a 15 Euro set, with 15 Euro you get FB and Breez. Mathematically speaking, each of them is a 7,5 Euro set- that is, even smaller than small size 9-10 Euro sets. Then there's Stormer vs Jaw Beast, a 10 Euro set with two 5 Euro characters, and the triple 20 Euro set with 3 figures. Of course we don't know anything yet so these are just educated guesses based on what little info we got so far.

So it should be:

-3 VS sets, which amounts to 2+2+3=7 small figures

-1 small size figure (Evo)

-3 mid size figures (Furno, Stormer and Rocka)

-1 large figure (Evo XL)

8 sets, but actually 7+1+3+1= 11 figures. Not bad Lego. This might be one of the coolest HF waves so far.

Unless the VS sets use Mixels. :look:

WAIT, wait! Those are sets?!?

I thought they were placement names and matchups for individual villains. Where did you go to confirm it? I suprise TLC would even want to bring back the mixels pieces

If you ask me, 2 (most likely small) sets at a $10 price point is probably one of the smartest ideas Lego could make. Just think: essentially 2 for the price of one. No need to buy two individual sets in order to have the conflict Lego loves. Which would then make it easier for a consumer to collect more figures and sets.

I'm excited to see what comes out of this. I love small things, so the "Vs" sets should be particularly interesting I hope. As for the individual, larger Heroes, two things: 1) Large Hero figure with the machine, or 2) the same small Hero with a super-massive machine. Honestly, I'm hoping for the latter. That could be pretty cool, if you ask me.

If anything, this seems like it could turn out to be a pretty fun year.

Kalhiki

If they're indeed going to be small sets (highly likely, but I like to keep a certain amount of scepticism), I just hope the parts are compatible with the 2.0 system. So, I don't want Mixels and new small special parts (like helmets).

Front, please, give us some information ! :grin:

I think it would be very unlikely that the new sets don't use the CCBS. But the VS concept is very mysterious, so the Mixels theory is legit. Maye a mix of both systems ? Can't anyone provide even the smallest piece of information ? Just the colors of the sets would be fine. We can't wait anymore. :cry_sad:

Just the colors of the sets would be fine. We can't wait anymore. :cry_sad:

I can probably confirm that Evo will be yellow... Furno will be red... and Stormer will be white. I don't know about the rest of them.

Just watch me be wrong about all of those...

I can probably confirm that Evo will be yellow... Furno will be red... and Stormer will be white. I don't know about the rest of them.

Just watch me be wrong about all of those...

I think that's a given. :D

Eh, you never know... for example, I never figured that Breakout Stringer would be blue. ;)

Yeah, but that's his secondary color.

Personally I wouldn't mind some more color mixups, as long as we don't re-use the same secondary color schemes like Brain Attack did. I mean, if we get various shades of grey across the next sets, I'd definitely prefer to see it as the primary color, which I think could be fun (all having silver helmets or something).