just2good

Hero Factory 2014 Discussion

And yeah, Stormer XL was there, but he was called "Stormer lgd" ("Legend"?). I remember "Dynamo", "Scorch" and my favourite, Flash Freeze.

And are you saying the 2014 list might be similar to that one- not accurate, but with some good guesses?

True, not sure what was implied by that.

And perhaps; Certainly at this point anything is possible. Evo XL is one of the few that I think is on the right track-An XL is becoming a standard thing, and it's only fair that another character gets a chance. Disappointing that we are still stuck with the same heroes, and after this long I would have hoped to break that routine. But my guess is that official list or not, there aren't going to be any new heroes this year.

Here's the list in question (went and tracked it down).

Interesting that both "Core Drainer" and "Hunter" are on that list.

Ironically enough, there's another "Walker" listed there - the Tri Walker.

I would probably share the suspicion that this list was false to a degree IF All About Bricks wasn't so reliable. To my knowledge, they've never been wrong about something they claim.

Nice work tracking that down, was about to do that myself.

Lot of these have no relation to anything official (except maybe dynamo (demon? speeda demon? eh long shot)

If so I'm curious as to where they got this list, because with all of the other very official sounding lists from other themes, I would think this list came from the same source. So why do the sets sound as if someone is describing them? Or do these sets really have that uninspiring of names..

Nice work tracking that down, was about to do that myself.

Lot of these have no relation to anything official (except maybe dynamo (demon? speeda demon? eh long shot)

If so I'm curious as to where they got this list, because with all of the other very official sounding lists from other themes, I would think this list came from the same source. So why do the sets sound as if someone is describing them? Or do these sets really have that uninspiring of names..

The HF summer set names and numbers from that list are almost certainly just a hoax, and the official set names that accompany them (notably, all from January or May releases) are just included to make the fake names seem more believable. I'm not sure if the person who owns that Brickshelf account created the fake names himself or found a list someone else had created, but either way they were created just to deceive people.

The similarity of "Hunter" and "Core Drainer" to "Core Hunter" may be complete coincidence, or it may be that at the time the list was created, there had more official hints somewhere (like a book synopsis) and the creator of this list based some of those names on said hints.

EDIT: Random thing I just saw on the LEGO website: LEGO Hero Factory Music Video.

Edited by Aanchir

Please, bring back the canisters in this wave, i love them :cry_sad:

nope, i'd prefer the caprisun bag ones.

Canisters cost money, I would rather like that the inside contains more bricks.

Not sure what constraction sets/themes if any will appear in 2014. Haven't checked.

Front

Part Design

Haha, that music video was all kinds of fun. I dig it.

Yeah, I'm pretty partial to bags, myself. Having just had to help my parents move... canisters from 10 years worth of sets was a paaaaain.

Not sure what constraction sets/themes if any will appear in 2014. Haven't checked.

Front

Part Design

Not sure if that's a bad sign. :P

I need pictures!

so do most of us, i think. hopefully they woujd show up on early october.

I'd rather they just use a normal box like all the other themes, instead of the bags.

I like the bags because you can collapse them flat to save space, but unlike boxes you can go back and use them for storage without having to tape them up. Basically takes canisters and boxes and combines the best of both worlds.

At least they've never used blister packs like Ninjago spinner sets or Chima Speedorz sets.

I like the bags because you can collapse them flat to save space, but unlike boxes you can go back and use them for storage without having to tape them up. Basically takes canisters and boxes and combines the best of both worlds.

At least they've never used blister packs like Ninjago spinner sets or Chima Speedorz sets.

I can't agree more. While I love Bionicle canisters, I have saved a TON of space thanks to those bags. I really wouldn't know where to store all the boxes/canisters I would have in place of the bags we have. Right now I just store them in a folder so they won't get folded. I'm so glad Lego made the change, plus it gives something unique to HF. Where Bionicle had canisters, HF has its bags.

Well I'm fine with whatever packaging Lego uses. Seeing as I never keep the packaging and just throw it away. But the bags do make it easier to throw them away. Plus a kid could reuse Furno Xl or Dragon Bolts bag as a lunch bag. Since those two are large enough.

As much as I always enjoyed the canisters, I buy the sets for the sets themselves, not the packaging they come with. The change to bags allowed for better sets. Therefore, I like the change.

Simple as that. :P

Actually, I still store my parts in all the canisters I have around (or in the boxes of the larger sets), but I prefer the bags nonetheless, since they are easier to store away if not in use for parts storage.

But should I ever need any more parts storage, I'll probably get some other canisters for this. I like to grub through canisters or boxes for parts.

On the topic itself: As long as I won't see any official pictures, I won't trust this list.

Hey l don't understand why the bags are a bad idea l think it's a great idea and the sets are litil bit cheaper and like Mesonak sed l like to buy the sets for the sets themselves not the packing they come with

Some people are A. Just used to the old way of doing things, and B. Prefer the solidity and explicit usefulness of a canister.

I like canisters as much as the next guy, but from the perspective of "having collected them for 10+ years and now discovering the inordinate amount of space they take up and the difficulty in moving them", I gotta say I appreciate bags at this point in my life.

Wishing they move to boxes. Easier to recycle.

A new ninjago sets has this:

70723-4.jpg

The shoulders look like what could be a new HF piece.

Edited by vexorian

Have we seen those 2x2 brick / socket things adapted for the new style before now? Because if not, they're in that set.

I love how everybody is desperately trying to glean any possible info about HF 2014 from the new non-HF sets.

Edited by Dorek

Heh, same here. I'm very excited about the list..heck, I'd say this is (for me) the most exciting wait for pictures ever since HF started.

The wait is almost over, hopefully. Last year, we got pics on October 11th.