just2good

Hero Factory 2014 Discussion

If the name of the sets are true, then what is a STEALTH machine? Maybe i don't understand something, but to me it sounds like Cloak of Invibility of some sort. Also, on the question why does Splitter deserve fighting two heroes, i have a theory, that Splitter might actually be two villains, which then combine into one. Wouldn't it be cool? Also, with "Beast" in each villain's name, i hope that we get something like pterodactyle for the Flyer Beast.

On the possible connection with Brain Attack, we had Frost BEAST, and now we have three villains with Beast in their names, so it could be possible for Brain Attack to continue

I really hope pictures come out soon, maybe in the beginning of October.

If the name of the sets are true, then what is a STEALTH machine? Maybe i don't understand something, but to me it sounds like Cloak of Invibility of some sort. Also, on the question why does Splitter deserve fighting two heroes, i have a theory, that Splitter might actually be two villains, which then combine into one. Wouldn't it be cool? Also, with "Beast" in each villain's name, i hope that we get something like pterodactyle for the Flyer Beast.

On the possible connection with Brain Attack, we had Frost BEAST, and now we have three villains with Beast in their names, so it could be possible for Brain Attack to continue

I really hope pictures come out soon, maybe in the beginning of October.

cloak of invisibility? probably set with lots of trans parts? tough, in my opinion, it's more like a set resemble a stealth jet fighter.

It's "OMG Splitface is Thunder!" all over again. : D

toxic reapa is a fusion of corroder and meltdown

and fire lord is evil stringer

im sure of it

toxic reapa is a fusion of corroder and meltdown

and fire lord is evil stringer

im sure of it

LOL, I had completely forgotten about Fire Lord = Evil Stringer. Good times, good times.

In all seriousness though, I'd actually love a wave where some old villains returned.

Hey, I was still pro my fusion of old enemies theory; Toxic Reapa was Corroder and Meltdown, BP was FL and VN, Splitface was Thunder and Nitroblast, etc. We knew they were escaping via a black hole, and as later proven, black holes in the HF story do weird things, so it wasn't entirely out of the question. Plus, considering that it was a prison breakout, and the Heroes were going back to their old 1.0 helmets, it seemed the perfect time to bring back old enemies.

Obviously I was wrong, but I don't think the theory is nearly as far-fetched as everybody is making it sound.

Hey, I was still pro my fusion of old enemies theory; Toxic Reapa was Corroder and Meltdown, BP was FL and VN, Splitface was Thunder and Nitroblast, etc. We knew they were escaping via a black hole, and as later proven, black holes in the HF story do weird things, so it wasn't entirely out of the question. Plus, considering that it was a prison breakout, and the Heroes were going back to their old 1.0 helmets, it seemed the perfect time to bring back old enemies.

Obviously I was wrong, but I don't think the theory is nearly as far-fetched as everybody is making it sound.

I had that exact same theory.

It was pretty dumb for a prison break season not to have the old villains.

Not really. Using villains who were captured in missions other than the ones we'd seen helps to establish that the Hero Factory has been fighting villains for decades, plus avoids repetitive sets and story.

Using villains who had appeared in less than two years of existing HF sets would have made the galaxy's criminal underbelly seem rather small and pitiful, IMO.

Perhaps one or two "legacy villains" could have been used, but I think introducing nine new villains resulted in much more exciting sets and a much more exciting story.

"Fusion villains" might have been more interesting, but I think brand-new characters ended up being better still. The Breakout villains ended up being some of my favorite villain characters.

Edited by Aanchir

No, they still can't find their way out from under the Assembly Tower

Brain: The GPS isn't working!

Random Hero: For brains you really aren't that smart...

Wait, people actually thought that Stringer was Fire Lord? XD

The basis was that the front of Fire Lord's helmet looked almost sort of like the front of Stringer's helmet because look they both have holes in them a bit.

The basis was that the front of Fire Lord's helmet looked almost sort of like the front of Stringer's helmet because look they both have holes in them a bit.

At least, the prototype did

Not to mention that Stringer was missing from the early 2011 roster, and people weren't used to the idea that HF heroes don't do all their missions together.

*Grabs Stringer and Drilldozer from shelf* ... yeah, I'm questioning how some people thought that, I don't see any resemblance between Stringer's S1 helmet and Fire Lord's helmet.

Well, Ninjago, thanks to the lovely Kmart, got its first images of the 2014 sets.

it_begins_by_angeomgwtfbbq-d4d1qc3.jpg

At least, the prototype did

*Grabs Stringer and Drilldozer from shelf* ... yeah, I'm questioning how some people thought that, I don't see any resemblance between Stringer's S1 helmet and Fire Lord's helmet.

9940388303_d1fa93259b_o.png

I don't recall the early speculations about fire lord, but I'm not sure what people were thinking.

With that said, didn't we have a fake list last year like 2 days before the official list? With core drainer or whatever it was that everyone soiled themselves over.

C'mon Kmart, do us a solid. Leak some more.

My interest is the highest it's been since Savage Planet. I want to know what the heck this wave is. :laugh:

Wasn't the "Core Drainer" the only fake one we ever got? Unless you count Rampant Oceans and Empire of Frost (lel).

Slightly off topic, but I always thought Core Drainer was such a weird coincidence. How in the world did the creator of the list guess that?

Wasn't the "Core Drainer" the only fake one we ever got? Unless you count Rampant Oceans and Empire of Frost (lel).

Slightly off topic, but I always thought Core Drainer was such a weird coincidence. How in the world did the creator of the list guess that?

For fake lists I do believe that was the only one we got, yes-Even in Bionicle it was usually photo shopped MOCs as fake pics, never really a fake list.

And it was a whole list, I think it had Stormer XL on it which ended up being right, and core drainer IMO was close enough to core hunter to be a damned good guess. And being so close to the release date of the official list, it makes me question the validity of this list. Not saying it came from the same person, but at the same time if it was someone just posting what they saw, it could have been a similar incident; Maybe some names are right, others are wrong? Unless that person totally guessed(Stormer XL was a logical guess) in which case ignore that I ever said that

(Which topic was that in anyway? Before summer breakout so 2012 topic? Curious to go read that list again)

Definitely the 2012 topic, around December. You should find it in the fifth page or something.

And yeah, Stormer XL was there, but he was called "Stormer lgd" ("Legend"?). I remember "Dynamo", "Scorch" and my favourite, Flash Freeze.

And are you saying the 2014 list might be similar to that one- not accurate, but with some good guesses?

Here's the list in question (went and tracked it down).

Interesting that both "Core Drainer" and "Hunter" are on that list.

Ironically enough, there's another "Walker" listed there - the Tri Walker.

I would probably share the suspicion that this list was false to a degree IF All About Bricks wasn't so reliable. To my knowledge, they've never been wrong about something they claim.

Edited by Mesonak