When did technic start using yellow and red axles? I remember, from the mindstorms nxt sets it was always grey is odd and black is even lengths

On 5/6/2020 at 8:29 AM, jaxxreal said:

Hi guys! Does anybody could point me out to good examples of rubber-band suspension?

Apologies for the late reply, but this Speed Champions set has a Ford F150 with rubber band suspension. It's incredibly well done. I get the feeling that it won't work in large models. 

https://www.lego.com/en-ca/product/ford-f-150-raptor-ford-model-a-hot-rod-75875

4 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

Apologies for the late reply, but this Speed Champions set has a Ford F150 with rubber band suspension. It's incredibly well done. I get the feeling that it won't work in large models. 

https://www.lego.com/en-ca/product/ford-f-150-raptor-ford-model-a-hot-rod-75875

There is an example in the first technic ideas book. (I never build this.)

Folks, I am really mathematically challenged so I am asking a favor. 

Is there any way to get a 6:11 ratio with lego gears? Not possible with any single combinations, but perhaps with a series of them it could be done. I have a tough time understanding how gear ratios compound and how to use that to solve this problem. *huh*

13 hours ago, arieben said:

Folks, I am really mathematically challenged so I am asking a favor. 

Is there any way to get a 6:11 ratio with lego gears? Not possible with any single combinations, but perhaps with a series of them it could be done. I have a tough time understanding how gear ratios compound and how to use that to solve this problem. *huh*

Exact ratio with denominator 11 is impossible with classical meshing gears (as no Technic gear teeth number is divisible by 11), so you can look into differential-based system

Posted (edited)

Removed as mis read the requirement of 6:11

Edited by Doug72

A differential acts like an averager. The speed of the ring gear is the average of the speeds of the 2 axles that go in.

11/6 is the average of 10/6 and 12/6. So if one axle goes in with a speed of 10/6, and the other goes in with a speed of 12/6, the ring gear should turn at 11/6 times the original. When backdriven, this will be 6/11.

10/6 and 12/6 are both easy ratios.

On 7/24/2020 at 11:26 AM, RussianGuy said:

Exact ratio with denominator 11 is impossible with classical meshing gears (as no Technic gear teeth number is divisible by 11), so you can look into differential-based system

6 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

A differential acts like an averager. The speed of the ring gear is the average of the speeds of the 2 axles that go in.

11/6 is the average of 10/6 and 12/6. So if one axle goes in with a speed of 10/6, and the other goes in with a speed of 12/6, the ring gear should turn at 11/6 times the original. When backdriven, this will be 6/11.

10/6 and 12/6 are both easy ratios.

Excellent.. thanks so much, you two. I've figured out a setup. Indeed, easier than I expected with differentials.

2019 1H Flagship: A car

2020 1H Flagship: A car!!

2021 1H Flagship: Two cars!!!

Is this Technic or Hot wheels...

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

2019 1H Flagship: A car

2020 1H Flagship: A car!!

2021 1H Flagship: Two cars!!!

Is this Technic or Hot wheels...

Also, 2013 and 2015 1H flagships😄

The Servo has stopped appearing on Lego shops in both the US and EU since June. I think it's discontinued. Other PF components are still listed, though. It'd be a shame if TLG phase out PF components completely.

43 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It'd be a shame if TLG phase out PF components completely.

TLG just sell out their stock I think. It is usual for any company to update their line-up from time to time, especially electronics. Running two electronic platforms parallel, without a common connection isn't the goal anyway. It's a shame Lego doesn't use the possibilities of the PU components right now and just add them very sparcely in their current line-up.

Just putting out cars doesn't help... we rather get a dumb battery box in a vehicle with actual functions... :hmpf:

On 9/25/2020 at 2:53 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It'd be a shame if TLG phase out PF components completely.

It worries me specially some 20 days ago I needed few parts from 3rd 42054 set and when I opened the box I decided to build Xerion. After some half an hour or so into the build it looks something fishy...after some time I realized no m-motor inside :ugh:...

So that is worrying since there is not even 8293 set available any more where I live...

Edit: oops answered to a very old post... x)

What I originally wanted to say:

After building the the summer technics sets except the Lambo and watching some videos about the osprey, I find it very strange, that every model contains some critical mechanical errors :| I hope 2021 will be better in this respect. =/

Edited by Gimmick

12 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

I hope 2021 will be better

Yeah, 2020 has been a bit crap (more than a bit, actually) for Technic. When the best set of the year is a micro set (and one based on a set from a previous year to boot), then we have a problem.

2021 does look slightly better, though.