Jim

Technic General Discussion

I didn't want to start a trend of threads for 'things people might want to MOC', but this was too interesting to not share, so I'm leaving it here...

Half-track Claas tractor, with full suspension.  As tractors go it's pretty rad.  Looks odd but good.  Someone's going to build this surely? :classic:

Edited by andythenorth

On the bright side, at least Bright Yellow Orange (42099's color) is not gonna be a one-off exclusive color. 42101 Buggy contains small panels #21 and #22 in that color.

@andythenorth it is model for 2020 and it could be done with XL sprotckets from Liebherr 9800. This is the first fully suspended half tracked tractor. There are other tractors with tire and Trac combination like Case IH magnum but without suspension at the rear...

So I see Elon Musk has been kind to us Technic Builders and designed a pickup we can easily build in Lego form!

15 minutes ago, Seasider said:

So I see Elon Musk has been kind to us Technic Builders and designed a pickup we can easily build in Lego form!

How would you recreate the cracked glasses :laugh:

53 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I need to get me some grey panels! getting the shape right should be easy enough though.

2 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

I need to get me some grey panels! getting the shape right should be easy enough though.

I’ve got plenty of those from my Fairground Ride :)

1 minute ago, Seasider said:

I’ve got plenty of those from my Fairground Ride :)

I got plenty of flat ones too, but I will need some angular ones for sides too.

Oh my !.... That is one ugly design (was it designed at all ?)

I bet it will even look more horrible in Lego.

4 hours ago, Seasider said:

LoL

My oh my....what a monstrosity.

11 minutes ago, Jim said:

LoL

I think it's actually the smartest thing on the road.. 

Nickname: Tired of trying to fix curvy shapes on cars. 

It’s growing on me, but I still think it’s an odd decision.

On 11/22/2019 at 2:48 PM, Jim said:

LoL

Take a look at the new Maybach GLS 600. A contender for monstrosity if ever I saw one.

Just now, grum64 said:

Take a look at the new Maybach GLS 600. A contender for monstrosity if ever I saw one.

Can’t and won’t argue with that :laugh:

I want so much to build it, it looks very weird but I think that you can put some interesting functions and a nice interior, and the class wheels can make it look amazing.

Just seen this thing on DriveTribe. It’s just been sold for $17000000! I can’t help wondering if anyone’s going to build it.

682-E05-A2-608-A-407-F-A9-AC-DF80-D0-A04

22 minutes ago, grum64 said:

Just seen this thing on DriveTribe. It’s just been sold for $17000000! I can’t help wondering if anyone’s going to build it.

What is THAT*huh*...?? Jay Leno's new ride?:laugh:

With the upcoming Mitsubishi Eclipse 1995 presumably in the Corvette scale, I think we're gonna get small wheel arches and curved panel 3x13 in lime. 2019 is year of the lime!

Not sure if that's the right thread for this, but I didn't find a thread specifically about LEGO (Technic) tyres/tires:

Replacement parts are now available for the 1989 Batmobile (76139), unfortunately the new tyres (69 x 28, element ID: 6262361, design ID: 52985) are marked "sold out" ATM. Did anybody get four of them yet as replacment parts?

Nope. But I'll start checking daily now. If I remember from the Chiron and Leibherr, the new parts became available a couple days later.

On 11/28/2019 at 9:30 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

With the upcoming Mitsubishi Eclipse 1995 presumably in the Corvette scale, I think we're gonna get small wheel arches and curved panel 3x13 in lime. 2019 is year of the lime!

I cant find that anywhere on the web? do you have any pictures (assuming it is allowed to link them on EB)

Just now, SNIPE said:

I cant find that anywhere on the web? do you have any pictures (assuming it is allowed to link them on EB)

There is no picture. There's just a leak that there's gonna be a release of a Lego Technic Mitsubishi Eclipse next June, and no additional info. In the 2020 lineup, there are 3 remaining slots for a supercar: 42107 (1H), 42111 (2H), 42115 (2H). Since the Mitsubishi is gonna be released in June, I guess that it belongs to 2H. And I don't think it's the ultimate supercar, so it should be 42111. And since the 42111 is the smallest one in the 2H lineup, I guess it's in the Corvette scale. All in all I just guess.

Hi, 

So this time I will write in the correct location... 

The 42078 Mack Anthem raises huge interest and offers many possibilities for MOCs. I am continuously improving modifying the design on this set and want to build a new configuration. Can peoples close to the North American and/or Australian market answer these little questions?

- Is the Anthem actually replacing an older model (such as the Vision)?

- What kind of equipment can it receive? Logging crane, knuckle crane, another,... ?

Because most of the photos I saw are "simple" tractor units or dump trucks...

Thank you in advance :classic:

1 hour ago, grego18f said:

- Is the Anthem actually replacing an older model (such as the Vision)?

The Vision was already replaced by the Pinnacle series. In turn, the axle-back versions of the Pinnacle have been replaced by the Anthem. The axle-forward Pinnacle trucks remain in production since the Anthem doesn't come with that setup.