Jim

Technic General Discussion

This is the only one I could find.

I'm going to add steering to my prototype and see how much weight it can move around. [WIP] coming soon.

i have made a few because it is very nice for small and light vehicles. i motorized the pizza planet truck with a train motor, servo and rechargeable battery.

i also made three small american trucks with train motors and RTC steering with an m motor, they were specially made for a Brickmania event in 2013 where i had a 7m by 5m circuit that kids could drive on with these trucks. For the kids they ran on rubber tyres and for adults they ran on these: http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32146&idColor=11#T=C&C=11 With these it actually could drift nicely.

I have made a few cars with the train motor before I got my buggy motor. This is the only one I have a video of. Without the body work, it will drift on tiles pretty well.

Wow, EPIC, you did much better than I did. I built a car with 2x train motors today but it was rubbish. I swapped the motors for 2x L motor (geared up x3) and ended up with this.

28249094711_38ec36c328.jpglego 059 by James Tillson, on Flickr

It is plenty fast enough even running in a circle. I can hear it accelerate when I take off steering lock.

The front end is taken off 8475 and it really works. I added a T piece to make the suspension fully independent.

Which MOCs would be recommended to learn about suspensions ( especially front ones , preferably driven) ?

I am speaking about low suspensions, I just want to study them for creating a better one for Pentax.

Maybe try icarus from madoca. But it's a 'simple' double wishbone suspension. Similar System is found on 42039 ;) The question is what kind of suspension do you want to build? Double-Wishbone? Multi-Link? McPherson? Next Option is to look at the axle-Thread opend by efferman.

Maybe try icarus from madoca.

Or watch some LPEpower.

I guess the OP has already checked this thread:

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=92099

I have checked all the resources listed above, that's why I was asking .

Don't worry , already got an idea :wink:

Problem with Icarus : RWD , so the shocks were placed inside the front wishbones, something impossible having AWD but his idea inspired me.

As i saw you attached the shocks in front of the lower wishbones. I had the same problem. I attached the shocks to the upper wishbones

Actually attaching the shocks on the lower wishbone isn't a problem at all, in my setup you have to compress completely the shocks and apply quite a lot of force before the pins pop out. Also have in mind that 0'5 kg didn't even compressed the suspension.

If referred to the front of the wishbones, it doesn't looks like there are problems with it. The 4l axles with stop and 2x 2l thin liftarms inside the wishbone maintain all sturdy.

Further explanation and photos will be posted in the corresponding topic for maintaining this topic clean.

Edited by LXF

My Last words for this:

I attached them to the top wishbones for simple reason: I have to manage going over the toys of my son. I didnt want any importent parts to be near the lower body. My whole body has enclosed flooring. More in my Topic ;)

Sorry Jim if this is not meant to be posted here...

To all the Canadians here, where do you buy your sets ? What is the cheapest place to have the best deals on Lego ?

Thanks!

Well, I find there aren't too many deals in Canada (but I usually just order first day from S@H :laugh:). I think TRU has some sales sometimes though.

Anyone know if a wacker neuson/kramer allrad 1150 lrc has been built before? Considering one as a full manual model (no PF) in approx 1:17 scale.

Sorry Jim if this is not meant to be posted here...

To all the Canadians here, where do you buy your sets ? What is the cheapest place to have the best deals on Lego ?

Thanks!

I'm from Canada, I usually buy them from a local Toys R Us and the Lego website, and occasionally a local hobby shop. I've heard that bricklink and official Lego stores are great too.

There are few options for you (at least that I know of)

I'm from Canada, I usually buy them from a local Toys R Us and the Lego website, and occasionally a local hobby shop. I've heard that bricklink and official Lego stores are great too.

There are few options for you (at least that I know of)

Somebody mentioned a shop in Vancouver that has very limited types of sets but who usually do great discounts. I think they only stock the flagships and other big sets. I can't recall their name though... I thought somebody would!

I don't know why, but they changed these rims around the release of the Grand Prix Racer. That set has been releases with both types (if I'm not mistaken).

Glossy looks better?! And 6 holes is easier to mount and leaves for more options?! Not sure though.

I have a question :

If building a car (something fast non-offroad) what is better :

-Permanent RWD and possiblility to turn on AWD

or

-Permanent AWD and possiblility to turn on AWD

Also,what is the difference between AWD, 4WD and 4x4? I am somewhat confused about that terminology

Edited by LXF

I am not 100% sure, but in a 4 wheel car, 4x4, 4WD and AWD is exactly the same

It depends what marketing department of the company wish their vehicles to be advertised as in reality they are same.

<p>4WD and AWD are vastly different in their typical implementations.