DrJB

How many on here have bought a 41999 but refuse to open it?

People who bought more than one and are not ashamed to admit it have no conscience. I certainly wouldn't brag about robbing someone else of this set :thumbdown:

That's what money does to people's morals...

Anyway, I hope Lego will produce some more soon, I'm not going to pay these #$@#$@ who are hoarding this set.

My thoughts exactly.

For one, I'm not hoarding anything. I'm a collector and I'm keeping one in the box. I have a ton of other things that are mint in the box and a lot of those were limited editions too. Two, I bought three because I wanted to make sure I could give one to my son for Solstice this year. This way we could race them around the house and have a blast. Now we can both have one and I still have my MISB collectible.

With how saturated the ebay market is with these sets, I'm sure the prices will come down and you'll be able to snag one for a decent price. With all of the ones that are listed right now, I can guarantee you that none of them are mine. I didn't buy these as an investment. I'm not looking to scam anyone.

People who bought more than one and are not ashamed to admit it have no conscience. I certainly wouldn't brag about robbing someone else of this set :thumbdown:

Certainly I see no reason to be ashamend of getting more than one specially since S@H allowed two per person. And ¿robbing? ¿No conscience? Guess I did not have such an easy life as to use those words so lightly :thumbdown:

I personally think only 1 per customer should be performed when there's only 20.000 available, but it's not so bad when Lego themselves allowed 2 per customer.

If you want to take your frustration out on someone, do it on those who cheated the system and bought large quantities of sets only to sell them for ridiculous prices and earn money.

Edited by Error404

Those that have built it/mixed the pieces in, I salute you : )

I hope Lego release this as a 'non-limited' set (I.e the same but without the numbered sticker, a) so people denied by the eBayers can own it, and b) to screw those same eBayers.

I own a 'limited edition' Santa Fe train, bought as a kid because I liked it. It's built, and used to haul my carriages. It's now up in a box in the loft with the rest if my Lego.

But... here's the thing, I bet if you look back to 2004 or whenever it was released, this forum will have a topic much like this one, with people debating not opening them, buying lots to sell on etc. Now, almost 10 years on, does anyone give a toss about the limited edition Santa Fe? Of course not, and I suspect 41999 will be much the same. Because after all, it's a plastic toy with a number on it.

When I started this thread, my intention was simply to get a specific answer ... this quickly degenerated into those who bought more than one, and those being upset at them. While each of us is entitled to his opinion, let us remain civil. We all had our frustrations and hopefully that'll pass. To concur with above post, I got upset few times when I missed out on few sets either from stores or flea-bay ... but such is life, let's move on.

When I started this thread, my intention was simply to get a specific answer ... this quickly degenerated into those who bought more than one, and those being upset at them. While each of us is entitled to his opinion, let us remain civil. We all had our frustrations and hopefully that'll pass. To concur with above post, I got upset few times when I missed out on few sets either from stores or flea-bay ... but such is life, let's move on.

:thumbup:

Now, almost 10 years on, does anyone give a toss about the limited edition Santa Fe? Of course not, and I suspect 41999 will be much the same. Because after all, it's a plastic toy with a number on it.

Did you notice that even general one sets tend to increase in price when they appear to be out of production? Flagships costs the most, take 8043 (I wish I had one) for example. It costs now twice as much as it used to when it was on sales about a year ago. Not sure about increased price of 9398, but 41999 has more PF items, some exclusive parts and looks good, so it will be be of a higher price anyway.

Certainly I see no reason to be ashamend of getting more than one specially since S@H allowed two per person. And ¿robbing? ¿No conscience? Guess I did not have such an easy life as to use those words so lightly :thumbdown:

To clarify, I'm not pissed off at people who bought 2 at S@H. I'm annoyed by the speculators who bought like 20+, to sell on eBay for hugely inflated prices. I really hope Lego produces more sets, just to piss those guys off.

Edited by jantjeuh

I hope Lego release this as a 'non-limited' set (I.e the same but without the numbered sticker, a) so people denied by the eBayers can own it, and b) to screw those same eBayers.

Would be a good idea, for all those who wanted this set, but didn't get the chance to buy it. And screwing with those who bought large quantities and now sell them for blood prices? Awesome :laugh:

I really hope Lego produces more sets, just to piss those guys off.

:laugh:

Bought one in the middle of the night. Got a mail in the morning saying it was out of stock. Retried, (ordered another one), suddenly got (and paid for) 2 41999's delivered.

Built one, the other one is on a shelf. Maybe I'll put it up for sale in about a year. I don't feel guilty because if LEGO had their order-and-supply chain up to par, this wouldn't have happened. Also, my first time ever I "hoard" a set (had plenty of chances in the past but didn't do it).

Limited edition means that there are not enougth for everyone; "hoarding" and reselling are unavoidable and expected to a certain degree.

That is why I ordered one on lauch night, and a couple days later when I saw it was still in stock I ordered a second one thinking the hurry in my first order had been unnecessary paranoia.

A week after launch when S@H puit it sold out I saw the first bursts of drama.

I received mine a week before I moved to Denver. I just unpacked it, but have not had time to un-box and put it together due to the hassles of moving, cleaning up and fixing the new place, and renting my old place. I am thinking I will build over the holiday break for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I don't think that reselling is wrong in general, because without it, there would be a lot of countries where it is impossible to buy one.

However, buying more than 2 is clearly immoral, the website clearly stated 2 per costumer, if you bought more then that just means you're not honest.

If you're not using your 41999 anymore, selling it used is good for you but also good for buyers because selling lowers prices. I bought lots of things on bricklink and I always felt that the sellers were doing me a favor by making available things that I want but that are no longer for sale in stores. If you sell something you're no longer using, then you're simply returning the favor.

About the question "refuse to open" I left mine in the box until my birthday. By the time I opened mine, I knew I was opening something worth a lot of $, but hey, it was my birthday. Maybe I'll sell it one day if I run out of space but for now I think it is a really neat item.

I don't like that some people were able to obtain dozens of this very limited set. If it was in my ability to do so, I still wouldn't. You are all m fellow Lego fans, and we are a community. I just want to help each-other, not exploit the community and hoard sets other members desire and rape them on the price.

Nothing prevents TLG from making it with an "orange box", without numbered plates. The box and plates are for sure part of the limited edition, perhaps a color change like this to keep the sense of exclusivity with the blue one. Just kill 9398, it is... ugly. ¿Orange instead of red? Of course that won't necessarily make those that missed 41999 happy.

1376596088m_DISPLAY.jpg