Jareth

Nocturnus Tribes: Namazu

The Namazu resemble humanoid catfish, with long rubbery skin and barbles surrounding their mouths. They seem to be immune to the effects of the undead, including infection, mind control and weakening. This is usefull as they mainly live in the Maruth Swamplands, allthough they can be found in many freshwater watersheds throughout southern nocturnus. Unfortunatelly, they have never communicated with other humanoids. This may seem odd, but many tribes of nocturnus have taken to living an insular, xenophobic life to avoid the hostility of other tribes. The risk of enslavement or robbery from other tribes is simply not worth the benefit of trade, especially when most goods would rot in the swamplands. To be blunt, the Namazu have nothing worth having, and need nothing that traders can give them. In many cases this lack of communication would make people believe that the Namazu were completelly unintelligent. However the namzu are clearly more intelligent then the thuggish tribes of nocturnus. Their combat style is a brutal mix of disarming, parrying and stunning blows with curved sticks and savage kicks. Some might think that disarming and stunning people is a pacifist way, however, being stunned while sinking in a swamp is anyhting but peacefull.

namazu01.jpg

namazu05.jpg

namazu06.jpg

Wonderful tribe! Where are those fish-people minifigs from?

I like the rockwork around the swamp and that raft a lot, but the swamp itself seems a tad too colorful and sharply divided into different colors if you ask me. What are those black bands btw...?

Excellent way to start the mini-challenge Jareth. The history is well done and the figs look excellent. As soon as we have a few tribes done, expect them to be added to the main thread as well.

Great job! I also like the rock work and I agree with Gideon about the color contrast in the water. The figs look amazing! :thumbup:

Great tribe Jareth! I kind of like the colors you got going on in the swamp... definitely unique.

Wonderful tribe! Where are those fish-people minifigs from?

Gideon, those are mantas from Atlantis...

Gideon, those are mantas from Atlantis...

The heads are, the torsos and legs are from the shark warriors from the same theme.

Great scene looks very Nocturnus :thumbup: I really like the rockwork. The mushrooms, and dark tan palm leaves give a neat effect.

The swamp water is interesting, not a normal approach, but it looks pretty cool :classic:

Thank you for your comments! The water did not turn out as well as I had hoped. the Black bands are just meant to be another layer of swamp sludge. If I had had the pieces, I would have had bands of black, blue, green and brown. Half of the bands would have been blue, but, I can only work with the pieces I had. Even though it didn't turn out the way I wanted, I at least know to go with a more traditional building technique in the future, and now I have a lot of blue tiles. Perhaps it will not be as striking, but I think it will turn out better.

Cool tribe!! Very nice presented as well :classic:

Also great job on hiding the giant grey bricks :laugh:

These figures work really well for a swampland Nocturnus tribe - and I like how you have the plants hanging over the swamp. I'm not to crazy about the colour choices for the swamp itself, but the technique behind it is really neat (I'd love to see how it would look with mostly darker colours and maybe event a few trans pieces...)