Anio

UCS Speeder Bike

Very nice model, full of nice attention to detail.. Perhaps the use of brown and redishbrown would have contributed to a more worn look, now it has more of a Speederbike "of the shelf" kind of look. But that's a minor detail.. Nice presentation .. thanks for sharing!

Also the following post made me smile.. and will serve me as a reminder to always make my USC models minfig scale.. :wink::tongue:

this is a stupid idea for a UCS set.because a UCS set has to be a ship that a minifig can fit in,but this is a huge speeder bike that is way too big for a minifig. If you are considering posting this on cuusoo,don't.because if Lego did end up making it a real set nobody would buy it because it's too big for a minifig to drive. That's all.

Looks great! Are you going to be selling instructions for this one?

Yes, that's on the todo list. :)

Amazing work Anio, this is stunning! :wub: :wub: :wub:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

...and frontpaged, and I remember that you told me a couple years ago that you thought your title was outdated, so I've updated it. :wink:

Thanks you guys. ;)

Hi

i glad you are back and used the times to make something special. I like that you have choosen the bike for your next UCS model. "No one" would do this. Between the manymany starships this is a great alternation.

Whats next, UCS Stormtrooperhelmet? Oncle Owens UCS hut? UCS Jabba with 5000 sand green parts? :)

Dino

Dang, Anio. Now I have -another- UCS model to start part hunting for; still working on the Slave I though. :P

I'll definitely be buying the instructions for this model when they're released, btw. ;)

Hey anio, really nice job on this speeder! The parts usage is very well done on the details.

Someone mentioned about a scout trooper for it, ive already designed one to fit cavegods ucs speeder bike. Its not perfect by any means and im sure you could improve upon it but heres a link to pics of it should it help inspire you to make one.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/66283772@N04/7131359149/in/set-72157629533209332/

i have the ldd file if you would like it.

#edit

There is only one issue with it that i know of which is part of the bridge of his nose doesnt come in white but it would be an easy fix with another part

Edited by Fuppylodders

Hey anio, really nice job on this speeder! The parts usage is very well done on the details.

Someone mentioned about a scout trooper for it, ive already designed one to fit cavegods ucs speeder bike. Its not perfect by any means and im sure you could improve upon it but heres a link to pics of it should it help inspire you to make one.

http://m.flickr.com/...57629533209332/

i have the ldd file if you would like it.

#edit

There is only one issue with it that i know of which is part of the bridge of his nose doesnt come in white but it would be an easy fix with another part

Thanks. But I will have to pass.

When it comes to designing human/animal/organic shapes, I totally suck.

I like well structured stuff such as ships, vehicles, speeder, etc. ^^

This is so cool. I've seen this before and never knew that it was yours. Great job. I always thought the small tires for grips was a genius idea.

Great work, I really like it! :thumbup:

the detailing on this is just great!

Though it bugs me a bit that there are more studs visible then would be ideal, but I see that it wouldn't improve to SNOT on many of the parts, it almost could not have been stud-lesser, I think it is just a bit restricted by the current parts assortiment.

Though it bugs me a bit that there are more studs visible then would be ideal, but I see that it wouldn't improve to SNOT on many of the parts, it almost could not have been stud-lesser, I think it is just a bit restricted by the current parts assortiment.

Around the controls, there are wings, but also plates. So, I could easily put some tiles here.

But my goal was not to hide all the studs.

Actually, I do not think that the model has that many studs. :)

When it comes to studs, you have to find a balance between studlessness and bulky blockiness. In this case, tiling over would've made those steering vanes too thick and both there and everywhere else probably would've made it worse, even less smooth and more blocky in transitions in the sculpting, curving, and angling of parts. And if you have to have some studs, you don't want to leave just those studs such that they look like rivets or bumps. The one place that maybe more tiles could've been used is probably around the pack at the back, but I think it's fine.

Dear Eurobrickers,

Matthieu completed the instruction of my UCS Speeder Bike, helped by Blakbird for the renders ( http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=495717 ).

01.jpg

07.jpg

You can see a little bit more of the instruction here : http://www.techlug.f...-st13-anio-2013

The model is made out of 1,696 parts. The instruction has about 200 HD pages.

Like all the instructions we released before, the price is 10€. You can however give an extra to support our work.

You can be in touch with me the way you want : by PM here, or on FlickR, Youtube. An e-mail directly to me at setechnic@gmail.com is fine too.

If you have any question, ask ! ;)

Has anyone decided to make this MOC? If so, how much would you estimate the cost to be?

About 500€/$, I would say...

According to Brickstore, using the 6 month averages, it should be about $381.52, minus shipping, for new pieces/ parts. Used should be about $237.06.

Jamie

According to Brickstore, using the 6 month averages, it should be about $381.52, minus shipping, for new pieces/ parts. Used should be about $237.06.

Jamie

Indeed. It is less than I expected.

I asked someone who reproduced it recently, and he told me that the cost was about 250-300£.

Yeah, I really like Brickstore. This is one of the biggest reasons. other than making xml files for bricklink!!

Jamie