Anio

UCS Speeder Bike

EDIT :

Professional building instruction available here :

You can email me at setechnic@gmail.com

/EDIT

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello,

Here is my latest MOC : an UCS Speeder Bike.

9671082437_aa99fac987_b.jpgUCS Speeder Bike by Anio, sur Flickr

9671087311_99d2148dea_b.jpgUCS Speeder Bike by Anio, sur Flickr

9674312364_b0370cec1c_b.jpgUCS Speeder Bike by Anio, sur Flickr

FlickR Gallery :

Brickshelf Gallery : http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=533740

Few words about the model :

- it is made out of about 1700 parts.

- I designed it mostly with LDD. Things went pretty well. The thing is I never succeeded to built the first version I made on LDD. Too strong, too many parts in too many directions, too many reinforcements. It was actually impossible to build it. I had to make the model simpler. In the end, the model is actually not less strong.

- I also experienced some diffculties to balance the model correctly. I wanted only one support. And there is only one place where I can put it. I knew I had more weight in the front, so I added a counterweight at the back ( http://www.bricklink...em.asp?P=73090b ). But with real bricks, it turned out that it was not enough. So, I had to add 4 more counterweights. The final model is almost perfectly balanced.

- For the outtriggers, I have 2x 32L Technic axles. They go through all the parts. I also used boat masts ( http://www.bricklink...m.asp?P=6168c01 ) : they are less heavy than round bricks, they are smooth and the are very rigid. The outtriggers are almost totally horizontal. Not more than 1mm offset at the end.

- at the bottom of the outtriggers, there is a lot of pressure/effort as there is wieght on a looong element. For the structure to be strong enough, I crossed parts as much as I could. For example, I used brackets http://www.bricklink...Item.asp?P=3956 . Technic axles can go throug them. The underside has tubes.

9671089143_a778623ef8_b.jpgUCS Speeder Bike by Anio, sur Flickr

- the model has all the features you can expect from an UCS Speeder Bike : hinged controls, rotative laser canon, hinged rear flaps. Nothing fancy, but the Speeder Bike had to have these features. I think the model has a lot of details. I used #75 flexs as much as I could for the model too have strong and tiny details. I like the rim on the underside and the casseroles in the front to reproduce sensors.

9671085981_5216f3152e_b.jpgUCS Speeder Bike by Anio, sur Flickr

9674313500_1a1ef35637_b.jpgUCS Speeder Bike by Anio, sur Flickr

9674310220_7ff4cc05c7_b.jpgUCS Speeder Bike by Anio, sur Flickr

9674317312_91d52c3dc1_b.jpgUCS Speeder Bike by Anio, sur Flickr

- The model has a Technic structure with vertical reinforcements. The slopes enables to have a sleek, simple and strong design. However, because of the SNIR, there is nothing I can do about the 2 breaks close to the seat. There are compromises to do, even on a UCS model.

- There are SNOT more or less everywhere. The footboard can not touch the support. And the support can take 2 positions. Credit to Gareth for a NPU : the small tyres on the controls.

The video :

Cheers,

Anio

Are the controls connected to the flaps at the rear?

Of course not.

What did you expect ? angelwings.gif

Nice MOC, Anio. Clever use of wheels/tires on the handlebars. That gives them the rubbery grippy looks a bike should have. Also really nice work on the engine and forward planes.

Amazing work Anio, this is stunning! :wub: :wub: :wub:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Edited by Lobot

Wow. That's beautiful, Anio. :wub: I love all the details in the black integrated into the smooth transitions of the brown. Lots of great shaping. The black ribbing and area around it under the seat is especially well done.

Very nice a bit more refined than gareths origanal speeder bike, the boat masts are a great idea i shall see if i can work them into mine it's due a rebuild and dust.

Bang on Anio! Love it. Really pushes on from what Speeder Bike builds have come before. Great piece count at 1700 makes it a realistic commercial prospect for Lego... :thumbup:

Anio an another great UCS MOC!

Like all the details at the bottom - looks very authentic.

Now you must only build an scout at the right size :wink:

greetings

markus

...and frontpaged, and I remember that you told me a couple years ago that you thought your title was outdated, so I've updated it. :wink:

That is a work of art. I would happily buy such a model for display and I'm sure the star wars fans here would also. A great build.

PS: I'm usually in the technic forum

H

this is a stupid idea for a UCS set.because a UCS set has to be a ship that a minifig can fit in,but this is a huge speeder bike that is way too big for a minifig. If you are considering posting this on cuusoo,don't.because if Lego did end up making it a real set nobody would buy it because it's too big for a minifig to drive. That's all.

I won't post it on the Cuusoo.

However...

this is a stupid idea for a UCS set.because a UCS set has to be a ship that a minifig can fit in,but this is a huge speeder bike that is way too big for a minifig. If [...] Lego did end up making it a real set nobody would buy it because it's too big for a minifig to drive. That's all.

Noob fail.

this is a stupid idea for a UCS set.because a UCS set has to be a ship that a minifig can fit in,but this is a huge speeder bike that is way too big for a minifig. If you are considering posting this on cuusoo,don't.because if Lego did end up making it a real set nobody would buy it because it's too big for a minifig to drive. That's all.

Because the N-1 and DS2 can both fit scaled minifigs in :sceptic:.