kasmca

Simpsons Collectable Minifigures aka Series 13 (non-official term)

Nope. It's been like this for years. Series 7 was slated for a May release but came in mid-to-late-April in the US. Series 10 was the same, too. I'm not sure if that's only in the US though, as we usually get the "August" series in late August.

Uh, I mean that I hope the intervals could be smaller so that we can allow special series every year. But if TLC won't change their schedule, I'm not sure if special series should be there or not.

Edited by Dorayaki

Personally I am not interested in Simpsons figures. If they release them I will not be buying them as they do not fit into my lego city plans. I personally really enjoy the collectible minifigs and think they still have lots of life left. The Simpsons figures just don't seem very versatile to me and have low interchangeability. However, I am sure some people will love them so it's just every persons individual idea of what they like in the minifigure line.

Hah, I think completly diferent even if i am not a Simpsons fan! These new minifigs will be yellow. And that means we will get alot of great new torsos for our normal yellowminifigs and probably ton of usefull accesories.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Seeing the "normal"-looking Maggie in the house set has me a bit worried that we won't see her in the CMF series. Many of the other things we're getting (short-sleeved yellow arms, for example) would be useful, but not enough for me to spend $4 on, but Maggie's body piece would be worth it to me (since I have a baby daughter, and making her in LEGO to go along with my wife and my sigfigs would be much easier with the aforementioned Maggie piece). The CMF series would be my only chance to get that piece, since I don't have $200 to spend on LEGO.

Edit: OK, maybe I would be willing to spend $4 for short sleeves, provided they come in the right colors.

Edited by Mariko

The Simpsons CMFs will be $4 per minifig??? I will only be buying these for possible torsos or legs, but will be even more choosy for that price.

Isn't it abit late, or, usual? If we have to wait for four months and the series 12 would be in September, it isn't different from previous years.

According to this topic, the original line of numbered CMF will return in October as Series 12. That will be the classic CMF Series everyone is familiar with.

So that leads me to believe there will be 4 Series released this year. We know from Funcom that the MMO is being released in the summer and it is being released alongside its own unique CMF Series. These minifigs are ones that Funcom and LEGO collaborated on together with the game specifically in mind. They said these minifigs and the game will be released in the 2nd half of 2014 which begins in June.

My guess:

January - TLM

May - Simpsons

July - MMO

October - Series 12

It makes sense, since those who didn't want any Simpsons CMF won't feel deprived and technically there would still be 3 Series of regular minifigs released in 2014.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the truth, but it doesn't make sense to me at the same time, as their normal schedule involved a September release. I'd honestly rather see the MMO series in September and have 3 series over 4, or even count the MMO series as 12 as I don't see what would make it different than a normal series other than the inclusion of possible NOC's if any (I don't know MMO's very well)

I would be happy to have them as a separate set like the Olympic ones, but I do not want them to be a normal release. That cannot make sense and goes against everything that the Custom Mini-figs are about, it is that they are 'CUSTOM' that is the whole point of them. Replacing a whole release with named characters is just wrong. I cannot imagine LEGO would make such a big mistake as that.

A Separate line as stand along figures. Great Idea.

Release 13 of CMF Series. A big failure.

Except the "C" in CMF stands for COLLECTABLE, not custom.

Although I agree it should be a standalone line, like the current TLM set.

This is a stand-alone series though. That's been confirmed for a while since the real Series 12 is supposedly due for October, so you don't have to worry about that :classic:

Interestingly enough, the Homer has a printing to represent his belly on his torso, unlike the nuclear power plant version include in 71006.

I won't lie: I was gonna skip this line ever since we discovered they had molded heads, because that's just not my thing, but I want that Homer.

And why are there 2 boxes?

The yellow one is for LEGO Minifigures Series 12. :sweet:

Edited by just2good

I hope this series will include Reverend Lovejoy, Professor Frink and Mayor Quimby instead of putting few real world characters that appeared in Simpsons. Just like Abe Lincoln and William Shakesphere in the LEGO Movie series.

Edited by JeagerEX

Homer looks awesome, I was right into thinking that they'd do the donut piece like that, the tv remote is also pretty cool. I'm starting to think that one of the other mini figures could be Jebediah Springfield (uses the same head piece as the robot miner from the lego movie mini figures) :classic:

Homer with open eyes looks 100 times better than the other one.

I just wonder why there are 15 placeholders instead of 16...

Interesting observation .... Thats weird.

Cause the box do say 16 ... o.O

Homer with open eyes looks 100 times better than the other one.

I just wonder why there are 15 placeholders instead of 16...

Yeah, he does and with the donut, this is awesome!

Maybe because Homer is one of them and decided to include him at the top and the other 15 as place holders?

I may have to make a power plant for when I get the House version, because this one is going in the house for sure!

This series is going to be so easy to feel...Marge especially will be incredibly obvious when you get her! :grin:

Edited by Cult_Of_Skaro