Dragonator

Heroica RPG 2nd Anniversary Building Contest Winners!

I am pleased to announce the winners of the Heroica RPG 2nd Anniversary Building Contest!

There were many fantastic entries and it is clear a lot of voters had difficulty choosing their absolute favourites. In the end, a clear winner and runner-up emerged from the voting.

Coming in 1st place and winning the grand prize of his choice of either 70404 King's Castle or 79008 Pirate Ship Ambush, with 45 votes, was Fianat with his Temple of Ennoc creation, congratulations!

Runner-up in this contest and taking away the left over prize, with 28 votes, was Etzel with his Shrine of the Blessed creation.

Well done to both of you! Two really fantastic builds that captured exactly what this contest was all about. Honourable mentions also go to, in no particular order, Emma, Legonardo, Scubacarrot and Cara, who each received over 10 votes and deserve recognition for their efforts in this contest. Thank you for entering!

There was only one entry into the staff category by Peppermint_M, who wins a landslide victory and the unique in-game item, Mod Rod (WP:10, causes the afraid-effect; lightning-elemental staff suitable for staff members only). Congratulations to you also! The staff entry requirements were much stricter, requiring the builder to also include a duplo element in their build.

A really big thank you to everyone else who participated, commented on and voted in this event, it has been a tremendous success and a great way to celebrate the on-going popularity of the Heroica RPG here on EuroBricks. I'd also like to thank Darkdragon for helping tally the votes with me, and Sandy for running the Cruel Angel's Thesis game as part of these celebrations. Congratulations once again to our winners! If you are interested in viewing all of the entries they can be found here.

Winning Entry: Temple of Ennoc by Fianat

9705718474_f0ba281fc5_c.jpg

Runner Up Entry: Shrine of the Blessed by Etzel

9539016794_3a51270ee0_c.jpg

Staff Category Winner: Ninja Chicks by Peppermint_M

heroics2.jpg

Two very worthy winners! Kudos to everyone who took part, and to the staff for arranging it all in the first place. A nice way of celebrating the anniversary of the Heroica RPG :classic:

Congrats to the winners (my two favourites tbh) and thanks eurobricks for hosting such a great competition, Im also loving the staff category winner :laugh::classic:

Huge round of applause to all those who won - wonderful entries, everyone!

That is one devastating Mod Rod, though.... :grin:

That is one devastating Mod Rod, though.... :grin:

Could've been worse. Could've been the Ban Hammer (WP: 30, deals doomed, fire and darkness elemental, hammer, suitable for staff members only) :tongue:

Massive congratulations to all the winners - including Peppy! You definitely deserved your rewards. :grin:

Congrats to the winners! There were definitely many worthy entries. Even the builds that didn't win will (hopefully) have a large influence on future in-game MOCs and concepts, such as Cara's Ji Pei windmill. Also, that micro Eubric Freeport ought to be used for distance shots of the place (e.g. from a ship in the Crystalline Sea). So long as it's okay with the builder, of course. :sweet:

Congratulations to the winners! :classic:

Are we keeping a tally of how many powerful special effect weapons Pep has?

Thanks for the congratulations everyone! I'm really happy to be able to get the second place in such hard competition. Big congrats to Fianat for a very worthy first place, that temple is really something and I'll be sure to keep the design and architecture in mind if I'll try building some other Ennon-before-its-fall style buildings.

I added some more pictures of my shrine to my Flickr photostream if you want to take some closer looks: http://www.flickr.com/photos/etzel87/

Thanks to Dragonator, Sandy and everyone else that made the contest, it was great fun! :thumbup:

Congratulations!! Very nice entries. Well done :thumbup:

Nice contest and some very cool entries! Thanks for organizing it and congratulations to the winners!

Congratulations to Fianat and Etzel - well deserved :thumbup: . This was a great contest and lots of fun to partake in, a thank you to the organizers and participants!