Napoleon53

Lagoon Outpost

My first MOC I've been able to post online in almost a year, not to mention I built this months ago and just didn't have a camera to take a picture of it.

I have a large collection, but not anywhere close to ones lots of you guys have, so I have to use my bricks wisely, such as skimping on the water; I didn't even intend it to have water to begin with, and if I had, I could have built sideways with blue bricks to do studless water. So yeah, the water looks crappy, and I meant to replace the white tiles near the front before I took the pictures, but forgot. :/ I looked at the EB "Build a Medieval Village" guide to do the millhouse (I'm sorry, but I can't remember who wrote the guide, but credit's due to them). And if anyone is curious, the flag draped on the tower wall is hand-drawn and colored by me, based on the old Pirates Imperial Trading Post. :) Anyway, I hope you like my little MOC here. Leave a comment if you can!

Here is the full set on Flickr (with some more descriptions):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55680977@N04/sets/72157635570936125/with/9777691425/

Edited by Napoleon53

Beautiful MOC! I love the tower. Good incorporation of pirates elements.The water is kind of sketchy, but it's only a small piece, so it works fine.

Great work! :wink:

Very nice moc. The buildings are well done but, there is something weird about that tower that hanging over the building. How stable is it?

@Man: Thanks a lot, ManInATopHat! :sweet: And I couldn't agree more about the water.

@Kermit: Danke! The tower jutting out was a last-minute addition just to test the idea. It's actually quite stable, and you can mess with the chained monster figure inside (the roof lifts off). :laugh:

The could work but I would make some pillars or columns running down from it to the sea and maybe with some vegetation growing up it.

The could work but I would make some pillars or columns running down from it to the sea and maybe with some vegetation growing up it.

That's a neat idea! I was thinking about doing a sequel of sorts to this MOC (focusing exclusively on the tower), so you may see something along those lines in the very near future.

@Kermit: Not a bad idea, if I can squeeze enough interesting details into that larger space to keep it interesting. Right now I'm working on a steampunk-ish castle (sort of a Dracula-meets-WWI Central Powers type thing), but once I'm done with that, I may make exactly what you suggested. :pir-sweet:

Edited by Napoleon53

Excellent detailing on the main tower and house :thumbup: Lots of neat activity going on with the figs too :classic:

Thanks a lot, Soccerkid! :classic: