Sign in to follow this  
timmyc1983

MOC - Music Shop Modular

Hello,

At the moment the two most important things in my life are LEGO and music, so it makes sense to combine the two! This is a 3 storey modular building with around 3200 bricks, I'll let the picture do the rest of the talking, there are many more picture on my flickr photostream.

9775447964_ce6070085d.jpg

I wanted to do two things with the exterior; one was the use of plates and second was windows all the way up the building, I'm quite happy with the result.

9775395974_330734e344.jpg

The bottom floor is record store with a counter, many CDs for sale and even a vinyl box for the record lovers. There is also a storage room under the stairs to recording studio and stairs to the second floor where there are musical instruments for sale. The white tiles on the wall were meant to have stickers on them of 'posters' of music bands etc but my printer isn't talking to my computer atm....

9775848693_1d523c2f57.jpg

Here is the second floor; this is the floor for all your musical instrument needs with guitars, a trumpet, a flute, a drum kit and even a grand piano!! You can also see the gold records on the wall leading up to the record studio.

9775568611_ef3cd46134.jpg

The third floor is the recording studio, as you can see there are two singers in the studio at the moment (although their microphones have fallen over :blush: ) but there is also a drum kit, an upright piano and a couple of guitars. The recording equipment is on show too, and more gold records on the wall, it's important to show your work off!

9775515783_fce83ca50d.jpg

And finally the roof top, there's no party like the after party!! And this is where it's at, all the stars can relax in the jacuzzi or enjoy a champagne or two with their BBQ. The store and studio is run by twin DJs, one you can see manning the BBQ, the other is chatting with the talent.

Anyway, I hope you like it, as mentioned before there are heaps more shots, particularly of the interior and instruments on my photostream. Comments are welcome and appreciated :laugh:

Looks like what its supposed to be. Love the angle of the frontwall at the 1st floor and the colorscheme of the facade! Really cool ;)

I like it. As I kept "going up" with your photos, I half-expected to see the Beatles performing on the roof...

Good job. :thumbup:

My initial reaction was "Crikey that's a bright facade!", but it's definitely growing on me. I've always liked the plate approach and that color-combo works.

I particularly like the skewed ground floor with it's funky angles. And, as a former vinyl junkie myself I definitely appreciate the box of disks for browsing through. I think the instruments are nicely done but maybe we could see a picture of those independently of the building to see their details.

I like this modular building also. The colour choice is very unique and at first the slanting wall of the first floor didn`t look to appealing but, after looking at your building for a while it has grown on me. The tiling with the green and white is terrific. I don`t think i have ever seen that combination before.

Interesting building, I do like it. Man you must have been spending up BIG $$$ on bricks lately, lol.

Very nice, the musical instruments don't look so good IMO (maybe some of the instruments from the CMF series like the Saxophone, Guitar and Bagpipes might look better)

Very interresting angel on the ground floor. I like that very much.

The colour-scheme though. REALLY not into that. It's too extreme for my taste and would be an eyesore for the rest of the neighborhood. But thats just me :wink:

Thanks for all the comments, I appreciate them all - positive and negative :grin:

I will try and get some shots of the instruments on their own tonite!

Interesting building, I do like it. Man you must have been spending up BIG $$$ on bricks lately, lol.

Funny you say that, I actually bought most of the bricks for this and the Town Hall MOD over a month ago but have been waiting for them to arrive and waiting for stuffed up orders to be completed... All is good now tho, I'm happy with both builds :laugh:

I love the overall structure, with the full length windows, and the angled wall on the ground floor. I also really like the use of mixed plates, but I am not sold on using this for the whole facade. Maybe this would have worked better just for the angled wall, to highlight that as a feature?

Love the jacuzzi too!

A bit unusual facade, but nicely executed with plates. Just as Kristel said, it might look better just for one section of the building, i.e. the angled wall.

The interior, however, is another story. I love all the details, especially the drum kits and the recording studio. Well done!

The exterior reminds me of the color ranges you can get off the exteriors of some buildings - specifically, the Seattle EMP building.

emp_gold_folds.jpg

I love the overall structure, with the full length windows, and the angled wall on the ground floor. I also really like the use of mixed plates, but I am not sold on using this for the whole facade. Maybe this would have worked better just for the angled wall, to highlight that as a feature?

Love the jacuzzi too!

Thanks Kristel, the jacuzzi is one of my favourite features of this build glad you like it! I thought about just using it for the bottom floor and angled wall, but not only could I not come up with an alternative for the rest of the façade that I liked, but I also wanted the building to be the same throughout, top and bottom. I'm not much of a fan of having the bottom floor too different to the upper stories.

A bit unusual facade, but nicely executed with plates. Just as Kristel said, it might look better just for one section of the building, i.e. the angled wall.

The interior, however, is another story. I love all the details, especially the drum kits and the recording studio. Well done!

Thanks Kivi, I put a lot of work in to the interior so I'm glad you like it. Interiors aren't my forte but I wanted this one to be right.

Great build! The drums are *oh2*

Very nice :thumbup:

Thanks monsinjor :blush:

The exterior reminds me of the color ranges you can get off the exteriors of some buildings - specifically, the Seattle EMP building.

Wow! That's a pretty amazing building!! I'd love to see it built in LEGO haha and I'm flattered that my build even reminds you of such a structure!!! :blush: