Hello everyone , I would like to know an information : I have a 3 Zorex with IR and with three different remotes , but I also have a modified 8264 with 2 other IR remotes and 2 , are sadly in conflict , how can I do to solve this problem?

To clarify this problem a little bit...you have a Zorex with 3 IR receivers and you have a modified 8264 with 2 IR receivers, so obviously you are a channel short?

Hey!

I read somewhere that the newer type of IR receivers have 4 additional channels, that can be unlocked thus enabling the use of 8 in total. I do not mean the v.2 receivers, but a batch that have been produced after a certain date.

Unfortunately i do not know more :/ Hope someone else can help you!

That's what I meant....because you use one channel twice :wink::sweet:

Not really sure what to do about this though.

I read somewhere that the newer type of IR receivers have 4 additional channels, that can be unlocked thus enabling the use of 8 in total. I do not mean the v.2 receivers, but a batch that have been produced after a certain date.

That would be nice! However, you need to modify the remotes as well.

Unfortunately i do not know more :/ Hope someone else can help you!

I think this is pretty self-explanatory :wink:

After googling a bit, here is what i can find:

http://www.hackvande...og/?page_id=547

adminsays:

Hello Fabio,

Thanks for your comment. I’ve been thinking about making a Infrared< ->RF converter tailored to power functions. That way you could maintain your current hardware. By the way, the Power Functions spec, and therefore my receiver, supports an extra address bit, therefore enabling 8 channels in total…

I'm not sure what it's really about. I'd recommend contacting the author of the blog :)

P.S.

Also look at this topic:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78266

snapback.pnglegoboy3998, on 16 January 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

Now that I think about it, back when PF was first available, there was talk about a built in way to get up to 64 channels. I have a pDF called "LEGO Power Fuctions RC version 1.20" that seems to give all the specs and technical stuff about the PF system. I wonder if anyone ever looked into the 64 channels thing or not. If I remember right it had something to do with being possible, but it wasn't readily accesabile with the current remotes or something.

Sal

WFB, WI

I guess the V 1.20 firmware version of the receiver allows access to one additional bit, which was "reserved" before. This results in a total of 16 channels, if I am not mistaken. And in fact I have not seen one remote that actually sets this bit. It is possible with the HiTechnic IR link sensor and a NXT PBrick, but I guess this is getting too far, particularly since the IR link sensor has a very limited range which you need to expand by a separate booster (cheap stuff but some work ...)

You could also cascade PF IR receivers. Mark Bellis has shown that quite some time ago - I believe he still holds the pictures and some text in his BrickShelf folder. @Mark: Wasn't there an EB thread as well? This is getting somewhat expensive though and you need to modify the PF supply line of the "slaves" (C1 and C2 to 9/0V). This should work rather smoothly if you run the "master receivers", which provide the voltage for the "slave receivers", on a slightly higher voltage, e.g., 12V to compensate for the voltage drops along the receivers outputs. The idea is to switch on the master receiver first on ("group channel") and then switch the slaves on/off on the remaining channels.

Regards,

Thorsten

Edited by le60head

Good evening I tried a bit on the internet but have not found anything about that! Could you tell me where to find the IR "new"? if it is already released or will be released if! thanks

If you mean the V2, you have to buy it from bricklink, or 9398, and this summer, 42030 (the big model), but even if you do, they support the same 4 channels as the first generation ones...

Now I'm no electrical engineer, so I have absolutely no idea how you would change the receiver to support more channels...

Hope this helps