Sign in to follow this  
TheWorldAhead

Eventual return of "Harry Potter"?

I think LEGO HP might someday make a (second) revival.

Apparently J. K. Rowling is writing the screenplay for a new series of Potter spin-off movies, the first of which will begin production at an undisclosed (or undetermined) time. Although this will not quite be HP as we know it, I'm guessing the "universe" will feel very similar. It's still made by Warner Bros., so does anyone think we'll see LEGO HP come back in the near (or far) future?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-24067557

I would personally love to see Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes to complement my Diagon Alley, but I think releasing a set like that alongside: "Fantastic Beasts" might be a step backward for WB.

What do you think this new series could mean for LEGO HP?

With the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes thing, LEGO released the Orthanc set this year, which (as far as I know) has nothing to do with the Hobbit, which are the current films coming out, so a "step back" like that seems possible. This is assuming that we do get some sets to go with this new film, which would seem likely to me, seeing as they revived Harry Potter when the last two films were released, and how they've revived Batman with the Superheroes line with the big year of superhero films last year. I know I'd very much like to see some sets, but only time will tell it seems. But I do believe Fantastic Beasts sets have a good possibility of happening.

I can't imagine WB not fast-tracking the movie, and I can't imagine TLG passing up an opportunity to rake in money hand over fist.

Also, I just came out of my dark ages, and I'm hoping for another chance to get Potterverse sets at retail price. :-/

Ragnar

With the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes thing, LEGO released the Orthanc set this year, which (as far as I know) has nothing to do with the Hobbit, which are the current films coming out, so a "step back" like that seems possible. This is assuming that we do get some sets to go with this new film, which would seem likely to me, seeing as they revived Harry Potter when the last two films were released, and how they've revived Batman with the Superheroes line with the big year of superhero films last year. I know I'd very much like to see some sets, but only time will tell it seems. But I do believe Fantastic Beasts sets have a good possibility of happening.

It may not, but there is LotR sets released along with The Hobbit. So the Orthanc isn't so out of place or a step back.

Whatever the case, I'd love any reason to get Harry Potter back. Although, from what I heard, this is something not really having to do with HP storyline. It's a different world/universe altogether. I haven't read the link, but the snippet on the news last week, that's what I gathered.