Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis ~ Day Five

"Also, Scamander, I don't recall you ever answering to the question of why you put Fleyra and Maxi to sleep as soon as you found out that they had gotten a "Nephilim" result on their investigating Brienne."

That's true that you haven't seen our PM, but Retak was not only nabbed due to my glass plan, he was also one of our initiatives and we were the ones who attacked him. It was also us who deduced that Shadir was scum through process of elimination, remember how we were accused of Mage genocide? I'll give you Fernandu, though, that was all Rubenstein.

That's true that you haven't seen our PM, but Retak was not only nabbed due to my glass plan, he was also one of our initiatives and we were the ones who attacked him. It was also us who deduced that Shadir was scum through process of elimination, remember how we were accused of Mage genocide? I'll give you Fernandu, though, that was all Rubenstein.

"The glass plan might have been yours, but the slip-up was Retak's and then only noted by Ein. Yes, you were all out for killing the right mages, but remember who gave you that idea and who did all the leg work of the different scenarios? As each of the different Nephilim have come up, you've had no choice but to go with the evidence against them and follow the pack, to do otherwise would be suspicious, just as you start to look suspicious for defending Brienne even when a Nephilim result came up on her. You haven't been leading the pack, you've been following the pack because you've had no other choice."

For one, Ein's in contact with me, he's part of the crew. For two, once I get home and off my phone I will personally multiquote the entire 20+ page original PM between just the three of us and post it publicly in a spoiler tag for all to see in order to prove that we were on the move working actively against every scum except Fernandu..

"So the half-elf believed me, has he not?

You should've known I'd never join you Nephilim lot.

Gain your trust, I had done, which now means your time has come."

With that, Lorth-Anoob attacks Cromeo Nightingale and steals an item from him.

Edited by LordoftheNoobs

"So the half-elf believed me, has he not?

You should've known I'd never join you Nephilim lot.

Gain your trust, I had done, which now means your time has come."

With that, Lorth-Anoob attacks Cromeo Nightingale and steals an item from him.

Be bold in actoinks, sluggy.

"Alright, so if the Town Core didn't call-out the order...:"

"She acted on command and Luridan is right, we can't prove one way or another that you are Heroica and Corelin is lying."

"How do you know she acted on command? Obviously it seems you know something."

"Alright, so if the Town Core didn't call-out the order...:"

"How do you know she acted on command? Obviously it seems you know something."

"The original Town Core was infiltrated, so a new one was set up apart from those who were considered suspicious or unidentifiable for the time being."

For obvious reasons, I can't outright trust either of you, but considering we're responsible for most of where our only plan is right now, I think it's reasonable enough to say you're acting about as townie as anyone can right now. I want to see if we can't coordinate our actions at least a little bit.I want to kill Zarissa (Zakura) tonight. I found it very off-putting that his second post of the day was him giving all his gold to Flipz, and I don't like how he's been PMing people constantly even when he implied the town shouldn't be 'putting all their eggs in one basket'. Either he's being very forward in organizing a town block, or he's scumming it up, and I feel like killing Zakura will bring us answers. Thoughts?
I wasn't aware that he was PMing everyone. Just got online and haven't checked the Day topic yet, though; I'll do that now.
He's been implying it in-thread and it always seems like there's at least one or two people in PM at the same time he is...It's a bit worrying it's happening this early on.
Oh, right, the giving Gold to Flipz without a reason. I had that in my notes highlighted in yellow and forgot about it. :blush: That was strange. Flipz doesn't seem to have bought anything and they probably could've traded at Night, to make things odder. He hasn't posted at all after that, either, not providing any reason or counterargument, even though he must've been online because he posted in John Paul's quest.I haven't stalked him, so I can't agree or disagree with that point.Pyrovisionary did send me a PM early yesterday saying that he'd gotten a PM from someone else about forming a group of Townies for a coordinated attack on Lord Duvors. (As reasoning for that, they basically just repeated to me all the points I'd already made in the Day topic. :laugh: ) I refused since I didn't have and still don't have any reason to trust Pyrovisionary, and a coordinated attack on Lord Duvors at that time seemed like what we were going to do in the Day topic already...anyways — point being: there is someone out there who is PMing people pretty early about forming a core, and this someone either knows something we don't or is bad at judging who to PM, because of the fact that this someone contacted Pyrovisionary who I think has no reason to be trusted right now. No idea if that someone is Zakura or not.
Oh, no, I think it's Flipz who might be organizing allies. I think Zakura just trusted him way too much way too early, and if Flipz' block is made up of townies and not a scum scheme to make friends early, I'd rather its leader not be dead because of my suspicions. But if Zakura does come up scum, I think we have a good idea of who to target next.Not sure if you've played with Zakura much in mafia, but he's never really an active player. If they're both scum, it'd make a lot of sense for him to hand over his gold to the teammate who's trying to form a fake town block, as foolish as doing it in-thread might've been.
Ah, gotcha. The someone who PMed Pyrovisionary (He copied the PM into his PM to me, editing out the name.) didn't seem to have the same writing style as Flipz, though, so maybe not in the same group. Might not be a bad idea, killing Zakura; he hasn't done anything to help and a Sage doesn't really have any unique Abilities. (Assuming they're related to the normal class powers, and so far they seem to have been.)Ugh, I wanted to check to see if he did something similar in Excalibur, but it appears that because of the problems with Writeboard, I didn't keep that bookmark to our scum discussion page.
Honestly, I can imagine a lot of people wanting Lord Duvors dead at this point, wouldn't surprise me at all if it was a different group.You mean Flipz? He PMed at least a few people to start some discussion, I was one of them. Maybe he's doing something similar this time.
Yeah, I meant Flipz. He didn't PM me.
I thought you were scum in that game?Nevermind, you meant this time.I know. He obviously doesn't like the magnifying glass plan, which is weird, because it's at least worth a shot. And he hasn't PMed any of the three of us (unless he has PMed you, Kadabra?), arguably the most townie-looking people in-thread. I find that curious, too.
Oh, so when you said that Flipz PMed you, you meant last time...I misunderstood that and replied talking about this time. :blush: I was just thinking, "Why would he PM the starter of the Magnifying Glass plan when he's been opposed to it?".The only others I would even consider trusting enough to send a core-forming PM to might be Scorpiox, maybe obelix, and maybe Lord of the Noobs who essentially claimed Cop like a newb. I see little reason to try to work with Zakura right now, unless I was scum and knew that he was an easy townie to get on my side... actually I've never seen any reason to work with Zakura in any mafia game at any time. I vaguely remember playing with him in Yakuza, but I don't think he ever did, well, much of anything, so I don't know what his tendencies are as far as trusting other people.
Probably Obelix, since he also had a hand in the plan. Scorpiox, perhaps...I just think he has way too much faith in trying to get every single person to work together, which is pretty much impossible, half due to scale, half due to everyone having to cooperate together. Maybe Lord of the Noobs. I've been thinking about asking him to pass the Magnifying Glass onto one of us. Since Chromeknight trusts Kadabra enough to increase his attack power, I've also been considering asking him to encourage one of us. It'd speed things along with Zakura, if we're all in agreement of taking him out.Yeah, that honestly about sums up his game. So it's really suspicious to me that he was able to trust Flipz enough to give him his gold so early on.
I assume you meant, "Probably not obelix, since he also had a hand in the Magnifying Glass plan." Scorpiox, I don't think he's scum, either. I think he's doing something similar to what I originally wanted, too: I wanted an organized group that would come to a consensus on who to all attack, to put this situation more into terms of a mafia game because that's how we best know to deal with events in games like this. (Although The Coming Darkness is proof that you can't always think that way.) Anyways, I was just saying that he's someone I would trust to PM, not that he's scum that Flipz is in contact with.
Why would you assume that? :wacko: I meant he suggested the bit about passing it from person to person, so he's trying to help at least a little bit more than most everyone else. Not that much, I suppose, but it's still more contribution than most.Right. He's just a little too optimistic for me to start contacting, though, I want to wait until he at least sees there's pretty much no way we can all cooperate. Coordinating stuff and sharing suspicions like we are now is probably as good as it's gonna get, but I wouldn't mind at least being able to confirm a few people with the glass.
Because he helped with the plan and we were just discussing the fact that Flipz didn't PM any of us who supported the Magnifying Glass plan. I misread your paragraph and thought you were talking about one point instead of two separate points when you mentioned Flipz's opposition to the plan and his not PMing either of us.Scorpiox did send me a PM very recently in which he said that he thought I might be right about getting something done instead of trying to coordinate more in the Day topic, but he doesn't seem to have actually done anything to follow up on that. Though to be fair, it wasn't the main point of that PM.
I'm a target. Took a handcannon shot, and I'm sure I would've died if I didn't have an artifact that nullified an elemental spell. You guys? I'm looking at 6 different heroes who can use handcannons, 8 that can use spells.
I took Cover and wasn't Damaged, and I checked with Sandy who says that he would've told me if someone attacked me, so, no, I wasn't attacked.
I'm a fairly weak target, so I guess someone thought I'd be easy enough to pick off.
And in my case I didn't really expect to be attacked after I publicly said that I was taking cover. :laugh:
Would you mind Covering me? At 29 health, I doubt you'll be killed in a single night.
Looking at the avatars, PeppermintM, Wedge, and Jedi Master Brick's characters all have quivers. CM's looks like she would if she wasn't wearing a beard. That leaves The Legonator (who is a Cannoneer, of course), and also WBD.And Draggy and Endgame, but the former hasn't posted the latter would probably use a spell or a spirit. And I guess Pala could, too.But The Legonator crafted a Bomb, while Pala and WBD did nothing, and CM Covered PsyKater. Hmm.
I'm Covering you right now.We can change our actions during the phase; I assume that anyone who can attack with a ranged weapon can post one action in the Day topic and then change it in PM.
Thanks. I took a Potion just in case.I know. I doubt CM would change his just because it'd be obvious when his SP wasn't applied to the attack that PsyKater would probably survive given his high health, and I don't think Legonator would change his just because it'd be more productive of him to make a Bomb.
Interesting, more info than I expected was revealed in the conclusion. That rules out Legonater.
Oh, unless someone was Hastened; we have no way of knowing...
Two handcannons. Interesting. This confirms The Legonator didn't do it. I notice CM's Cover wasn't pictured.
Oh, unless someone was Hastened; we have no way of knowing...
Not an effect in this game.
But neither was mine.
But neither was mine.
Oh. And neither was Flipz' Hide, or JimB's Cover. Guess those actions just don't show up?
Has Purpearl been doing some sort of incredible play in mafia while I haven't been playing? She seemed really worried that she'd die, and Kadabra seemed to believe her suspicions despite her not giving any reasons.
Purpearl called out the entire scum team on Day One in one of the most recent mafia games, it doesn't surprise me.
Oh. And neither was Flipz' Hide, or JimB's Cover. Guess those actions just don't show up?
Maybe only if they have an effect, if the one they're protecting gets attacked?And in Flipz's case, maybe Sandy didn't want to take a picture of a bigfig hiding behind the Quest board? :snicker:
Purpearl called out the entire scum team on Day One in one of the most recent mafia games, it doesn't surprise me.
Wow. Mafia School or real mafia?
Maybe only if they have an effect, if the one they're protecting gets attacked?And in Flipz's case, maybe Sandy didn't want to take a picture of a bigfig hiding behind the Quest board? :snicker:
Those both make sense.
Wow. Mafia School or real mafia?
I think real mafia. I might be exaggerating, I don't think it was the entire scum team, but it was at least most of them. I think it was in CMF Mafia, but I might be mistaken.Two handcannon blasts, and The Legonator wasn't behind either. CM, Draggy, Pala, or WBD are my best guesses.
Draggy was the only one who didn't post at all. But I know he usually is already in contact with Shadows, and Shadows played the same way (and is playing that way now, too) in Excalibur, so...
I saw Draggy at least reading the topic at one point. There's a chance he could playing it that way. But I suppose it is fairly unlikely.
I wasn't attacked, they probably doubt they could take me out early due to my high level. I don't have any PMs from Flipz, just from PPJB and Chromeknight, both of whom I Townread (along with you two, Cornelius, and Scorpiox), and an 'apology PM' from Duvors stating that he is suspicious of you (CMP) and Chromeknight. I think offing Zarissa would be fine, I don't want to waste my Encouraged and it makes sense as a plan. I can deal 18 damage in a shot factoring Encouraged in.
Yeah, I know I saw him reading it, too.
I wasn't attacked, they probably doubt they could take me out early due to my high level. I don't have any PMs from Flipz, just from PPJB and Chromeknight, both of whom I Townread (along with you two, Cornelius, and Scorpiox), and an 'apology PM' from Duvors stating that he is suspicious of you (CMP) and Chromeknight. I think offing Zarissa would be fine, I don't want to waste my Encouraged and it makes sense as a plan. I can deal 18 damage in a shot factoring Encouraged in.
If it only lasts for one attack, definitely attack him.Out of curiosity, what'd you get from Duvors? I got his WP: 4 Axe.
Potion.
I also wouldn't be opposed to attacking Etzel or Flare because the godlike PPJB pointed them out to me in PM a yesterday and now Etzel is attacking someone who wasn't under scrutiny and Flare is supporting and defending him.
I also wouldn't be opposed to attacking Etzel or Flare because the godlike PPJB pointed them out to me in PM a yesterday and now Etzel is attacking someone who wasn't under scrutiny and Flare is supporting and defending him.
Etzel's probably going to get killed tonight anyway, his move was very unpopular, and Flare has Fly, which probably lets him avoid attacks somehow. Though may it be on a 'once every phase' condition. I think Zakura now, and if Etzel comes up scum, then Flare.

Pages 1 and 2 of 25

Highlights: I was the one who brought up Etzel, rather than Calico (the confirmed Townie) or Brienne (probable scum). Etzel is scum, make of that what you will. Other than that nothing on these pages really comes to fruition. I'll have three and four up soon... This will take a while. :tongue:

"The original Town Core was infiltrated, so a new one was set up apart from those who were considered suspicious or unidentifiable for the time being."

"Yes, but who ordered it??"

BD, it was 3 of 4 scum in a real mafia game in the exact same manner she called them out to me this game. As such, I'd consider it a very solid list to at least look into. It was Psykater, Pyrovisionary, Etzel, and Flare. I'd be happy to take out any of those tonight.
Flare's acting like a scummy, indecisive sheep anyways. I assume you guys got the same PM from Purpearl as I did, naming PsyKater, Pyrovisionary, Flare, and Etzel.
BD, it was 3 of 4 scum in a real mafia game in the exact same manner she called them out to me this game. As such, I'd consider it a very solid list to at least look into. It was Psykater, Pyrovisionary, Etzel, and Flare. I'd be happy to take out any of those tonight.
Oh, I didn't see your reply on this page. :blush: Same PM I got.
Ok, cool. Do you wanna hammer Pyro tonight, instead? I don't have a read one way or the other on Flipz and I think Zakura might just be sheeping him/following instructions received in a PM.
Well, Pyro would be easier to have publically killed, if we brought up all our evidence in the Day thread. Zakura...yeah, that's exactly what I think he's doing. Instructions sent by Flipz. Don't you think it'd be weird for a townie to follow (or even to send) such instructions on Day One?
I find that pretty typical of Flipz, he seems like the instruction giving sort. Bossy, maybe, or just a natural leader, and Zakura seems the type to just sheep whenever possible. A lazy player, if you will.
Being a lazy player is one thing, giving someone your only asset just because they asked for it is scummy, on both parties involved. I'm not disagreeing with you, you're pretty spot-on, I just think how they worked together at once is more indicative of scumminess than you think.
I'm not sure Pyrovisionary would be publicly killed. He's done the strange "alliance of warriors to coordinate killings" thing (even though that's what we are trying to do in public), and he apologized for inactivity in Discussion which is always a red flag for me. But he seems like he would play the "I'm sorry, oh, I'm not used to this, I'm sorry, have pity on me, I'm sorry. :blush: :blush: :blush: " card, and then people will see that he probably hasn't done as much wrong as some other people. (Especially if Lord Duvors and Etzel survive the Night.)Edit: Pyrovisionary, not Sarge. :laugh:
I see. I find it likely that if that's true, then Flipz is the only scum and that Zakura (again, being lazy) simply trusted the first person to contact her (especially if Flipz gave a speech about some Dort of grand, complex plan, and we all know he loves to give speeches, especially about complex plans) and went along with whatever he said. I did the same thing with Tammo in Jedi Temple, and I ended up putting the hammering vote on BD when Tammo was scum all along.
To BD: That's a good point. I think going for Pyro is our best bet tonight, and we can coordinate a 'lynch' on Etzel if he survives the night. But tonight we need to coordinate our attacks so I'll go with our group's consensus. (BTW, if you don't think it's too sensitive: How much damage can you do in a shot?)

I suppose Pyro might be a decent target, then. Flipz is next up on the investigation list anyway, I guess.Does your attack factor in WP? I think Beast Warriors can use whips, and mine's 6 WP.
Yeah, it's 1.5(WP) ranged or melee depending on which weapon I have. All I've got is a WP:6 hammer, though, so I'm stuck with melee. With Encouraged that's 18 damage, like I mentioned. If you do 6 damage then we can take out Pyro just the two of us and BD can keep Covering you. (Does Cover block all damage or add a set amount of SP to the target?)
I'm drinking a Potion, I'm only at 5/9 health right now.
Cover negates all Damage; it's basically a Doctor action. Apparently some things don't change between regular Heroica and mafia-ish Heroica: I still do basically no Damage. :laugh: I do Damage equal to WP, and I have a WP: 4 weapon.
Oh, really? I should be good, then. I'll attack Pyro too. :thumbup:
Oh, I see. I can ask Chromeknight if he's willing to hammer Pyro for us, then.
Pie, do you want me to Heal you instead? That would give you +4 HP and you don't have to use a Potion for less than its full potential.
Never mind, ninja rendered my statement redundant,
Pie, do you want me to Heal you instead? That would give you +4 HP and you don't have to use a Potion for less than its full potential.
Totally forgot Paladins can do that. :tongue: No, definitely Cover me, I'm sure someone'll be willing to heal me in the day tomorrow.
So BD:Cover CMP, then CMP and I attack Pyro. You can heal Pie publicly tomorrow, I think, and keep him covered tonight in case of a coordinated attack (which could easily do more than 9 damage)
I should attack first so Pie finishes Pyro and gets the level. I'll do so right now.
Thanks. :thumbup: Just say the word when it's done.
Alright, I've attacked Pyro. Let's hope he's scum, or at least carrying some good loot. :grin:
:laugh:
Scorpiox PMed me to ask about opinions on various things like some of the suspects, and while I was sending PMs back, I realized: Isn't what Etzel did insanely, incredibly, ridiculously bold for scum on the first Day? Trying to avoid WIFOM here, but if I was scum, I wouldn't kill someone publicly without much support when it's the first Day and there's already plenty of confusion going on in the Day topic.
Scorpiox PMed me to ask about opinions on various things like some of the suspects, and while I was sending PMs back, I realized: Isn't what Etzel did insanely, incredibly, ridiculously bold for scum on the first Day? Trying to avoid WIFOM here, but if I was scum, I wouldn't kill someone publicly without much support when it's the first Day and there's already plenty of confusion going on in the Day topic.
Absolutely. I still think he's going to die. We have a lot of new players and it makes perfect sense outside of a mafia situation to kill the guy who killed someone with such little rhyme or reason.And frankly, I'm okay with that. Don't exactly need someone so easily willing to kill someone else around.
:laugh: Good point.
:laugh: Good point.
I mean, what struck me as odd was that I don't get the impression Etzel seriously believed Kint was being suspicious. I really think he was just doing it for the XP.
By the way, Scorpiox asked me what I thought he should do, Steal or Encourage. I didn't want to tip him off to the fact that you guys plan to attack someone, so I just said that if he didn't know what to do, it would probably be safe to Steal from Lord Duvors. None of it's actually my fault because he's the one putting himself in these situations, but between this game and Quest 77, I feel like I'm being unnecessarily mean to Lord Duvors. :blush:
Stealing from him was going to be my plan if nothing else came up, so I don't think you're being totally unfair.Interesting. He could become a great asset. We could become serious offensive powerhouses considering we have two people pretty willing to trust us with the ability to Encourage. As long as our suspicions are right, we shouldn't have problems actually getting rid of the scum.
Yeah, I mostly trust Scorpiox. The only thing that pinged my scumdar relatively early was how he seemed to jump in and emulate what I was doing, as if to copy someone who he knew was town and was active. But that suspicion subsided over the course of the Day.Should one of us be contacting Lord of the Noobs about his Glass, or should we wait to see if he survives the Night?
He could become a great asset.
Can it be done?He will join us or die, master.You had to have known that was coming. :tongue:
Yeah, I mostly trust Scorpiox. The only thing that pinged my scumdar relatively early was how he seemed to jump in and emulate what I was doing, as if to copy someone who he knew was town and was active. But that suspicion subsided over the course of the Day.Should one of us be contacting Lord of the Noobs about his Glass, or should we wait to see if he survives the Night?
I'm okay to wait, but I don't think it'd do any harm to contact him about it.
He could become a great asset.
Can it be done?He will join us or die, master.You had to have known that was coming. :tongue:
I did completely set that up. :grin:
I did completely set that up. :grin:
Everything is proceeding as you have foreseen.
Everything is proceeding as you have foreseen.
Soon the Nephilim will be crushed and young Scorpiox will become one of us. :thumbup:
Then we must go to Heroica Hall and wait for him. I have foreseen it. His compassion for us will be his undoing.
He will come to you, and then you will bring him before me.In time, he will call me - Master.
He will come to you, and then you will bring him before me.
Before usYes, we meant 'before us'! The Scorpiox will be ours once the Nephilimses are deeeaaad!
Yes, we meant 'before us'! The Scorpiox will be ours once the Nephilimses are deeeaaad!
We like killing goblinses, batses and fishes, but we've never killed Nephilimses before!
You guys are funny.

3&4/25

Highlights: Brienne sort of tried to dissuade us from suspicion of Ezeal, but backed down quickly. Both Brienne and Calico have top-notch senses of humor.

You guys are funny.
There are many appropriate quotes in this world, Kadabra, and none of them should be used lightly.
So in case I end up dead, in the event my being Covered was too late, here's my list of suspects...Zarissa (Zakura)Fleyra (Flare)Zlpilf (Flipz)Piro (Pyro the Visionary)Werther Brickton (Waterbrick Down)Doranee Grandeur (Dragonator)Retak Ysp (PsyKater)Shadir Oswain (Shadows)Zelphie (Zepher)Probably not as accurate as PPJB would be, but there you go. :tongue:
I'd tentatively add Chromeknight to that list, he feels like he could either be genuinely attempting to support a Town block or buddying up to prospective town leaders.
Maybe. As long as he keeps buffing us, I'm inclined to at least keep him around, though I agree we shouldn't share any information with him.
I had someone else down on my list for buddying up, uh... joeshmoe. He wanted to contribute to the Magnifying Glass fund, so he decided to give someone 5 Gold, and I'm not sure why he picked me. I also have Eric Su, who apologized for inactivity in the Discussion thread and also kept roleplaying to avoid the questions of why he thought Flare was suspicious. Jedi Master Brick who's being a MegaBlokin' annoying n00b again, nothing new there (Remember him in The Coming Darkness? Oh, gosh...), but this time he also says he knows what he's doing wrong but he makes no effect to change, which makes him either the most selfish, worthless townie ever, or scum who hides behind an illusion of 'normal' n00bish behavior. And Legonater pinged the scumdar early by seeming blindly following Pie's plan for the Magnifying Glass, but that suspicion faded as we discussed the plan throughout the day.
I noticed that. It was a really weird thing to do, for town or scum. I think he might've just misunderstood the plan, but he also may have just been trying to look helpful.Eric Su is new to mafia in general, it's probably just a matter of him not being sure what to do, in my opinion. JMB...it's too hard to read those kind of sheep. Doesn't stop them from being annoying. :sceptic:The Legonator....I share your thoughts there. I feel like he's trying to be cooperative with the rest of the town, at least after a couple hours of just getting frustrated with Duvors to no useful end.
I find it incredibly annoying to try to distinguish between noobs, lazy players, and scum. Often I'm wrong, too, like in Harriet Slutter, so town players behaving in such a manner is a major pet peeve of mine. Legonater I feel might just not know what to do but he might be sheeping to fly under the radar. Is joeshmoe a newb or has he played mafia before?
I think joeshmoe is new. Legonater's been playing mafia since before I joined EB, I think.
I find it incredibly annoying to try to distinguish between noobs, lazy players, and scum. Often I'm wrong, too, like in Harriet Slutter, so town players behaving in such a manner is a major pet peeve of mine. Legonater I feel might just not know what to do but he might be sheeping to fly under the radar. Is joeshmoe a newb or has he played mafia before?
I thought he might've played a game before, but after thinking about it, I can't recall him ever doing so.No, Legonator's a mafia vet, he's been playing at least as long as I have. I don't feel he's sheeping along, it's just that overall, like nobody's seriously contributed anything but us. I feel like he's at least trying to add to the conversation.
Then I'd give Legonater and joeshmoe slight townreads, not scumreads.
My attack was successful but non-lethal. To be expected. Did you get confirmation of the kill, CMP?
Successfully covered Pie. Wasn't attacked.
Still alive. :grin:No, my attack didn't kill him for some reason. But O'blix was protecting me, too. :thumbup:
You get told who protected you?
Yeah, it seems so.Piro's only Level 20. He'd have to have at least 3 SP to keep from getting killed, which is not at all likely. He either got healed between the attacks (also quite unlikely) or was Covered.I'm suddenly that much more sure he's scum. He was in PM at the same time as Flipz at one point, which is interesting.
Was it Cover specifically, or another name? Do we know if Cover and Block (as used by JimB) are the same thing? And I assume you weren't attacked?If Pyro was Covered, that does make it seem more likely he was scum. I'm sure no townie would protect him, at least based on what he did in public.One of you was supposed to be Encouraged, right? Do we know that that went through?
Yes, it did. I did 18 damage to him when I should have done 9. We should present our evidence and finish him as soon as the day starts to prevent any shenanigans.
Just to be sure, you were told that you did a specific amount of Damage, 18? How about you, Pie?
No, it didn't specify what ability it was for either of you, just said that you both jumped out in front to block attacks or something.Did it say how much damage you did, Kadabra? It didn't for me, though it said I did attack, just failed to kill him.
Okay. I think that isn't too unusual for Sandy, let me check my PMs to see what I was told when Kartoffel protected be in Isla Paradisa...
That might be a bit of a stretch, Doc. :tongue:You and Obelix did protect me, that much was obvious, just didn't specify how.
So much n00bishness in those conversations. :enough: :laugh:Nope, I wasn't told then. It was Kartoffel who was told that someone had tried to attack me on the same Night that he protected me. I wasn't told if you were attacked. I'm assuming that you weren't.
No, nobody tried to attack me.
I asked for clarification on how Encouraged worked in this game as opposed to standard Heroica and was told that if I attacked this phase it would deal 18 damage as opposed to 9. The hit message only stated that the attack was successful with no indication of whether or not my damage output was lowered somehow.
So then there was also no indication that you actually were Encouraged, only clarification of how much Damage you could deal if you were Encouraged, right?
Day One result:You gave all your gold to Retak Ysp. You successfully steal a Potion from Luridan Duvors. Cromeo Nightingale encourages you (with his wet kisses) for the next phase.
-
Level
: 39
-
Health
: 39/39
-
Gold
: 0
-
Inventory
:
Hammer
(WP:6),
Counterstrike
Gloves
(Artefact: allows you to instantly counter a close-ranged attack if you survive it, damaging your attacker equal to the damage you received.),
Remedy
(Consumable: removes negative effects from target when used.),
Potion
(Consumable: restores full health to target when used.)
-
Effects
:
Encouraged
I'll use Critical Strike on Piro the Visionary (Pyrovisionary]. Encouraged is still double damage, right? So I'll deal 18 damage with this attack?
6 x 1,5 = 9 x 2 =18.That is correct.
Night One result:You delivered an encouraged critical blow on Piro the Visionary, but failed to kill him. You are no longer encouraged.
-
Level
: 39
-
Health
: 39/39
-
Gold
: 0
-
Inventory
:
Hammer
(WP:6),
Counterstrike
Gloves
(Artefact: allows you to instantly counter a close-ranged attack if you survive it, damaging your attacker equal to the damage you received.),
Remedy
(Consumable: removes negative effects from target when used.),
Potion
(Consumable: restores full health to target when used.)
Here're the relevant messages. Yes, I was Encouraged, no doubt about it.
Ah, I see.
He had to have been protected somehow. I don't like it.Do we kill him as soon as the day comes up?
Yes, I think that's the best thing to do.
But if he was protected, there's a good chance we dealt no damage to him. We won't be able to kill him just between the three of us.
We can post our evidence and hopefully Cheomeknight, Legonater, or some other guys will help us finish him.
And I don't want to use my action attacking him, not when I do practically no Damage and I have more useful abilities. I think right now the plan is for me heal Pie, right? You still have 5/9 HP?
Yeah, I know.Yes, you heal me ASAP. Kadabra, see if you can't get Chrome to Encourage you again as soon as he can. If Pyro wants to survive, a scum will have to out themselves to protect him, and even then it'll probably be too late.
Esurient volunteered to heal Pie in PM to me. You should Cover someone, Doc.
Alright, can you Cover me?I hate being so damn squishy. Why do you guys get like 20+ health and I get 9? :laugh:
We should ask Scorpiox to Encourage me/Pie or to attack Pyro.
I think Obelix would be a better bet to ask to attack Pyro. It's much more clear that he trusts us, in my opinion. Scorpiox might still be unwilling to get killing.
Okay, I can Cover you.
Is one of you in contact with Obelix?
No. I think I might later.

5&6/25

Highlights: Here's our reasoning behind taking out Piro, I should hope that it seems logical enough to all of you. Also note hat we were suspicious of Cromeo. Plus, proof(ish) that I've been in contact with Ein since N1. We're tight.

"Luridan suggested, but no one disagreed. If you did in fact confuse Corelin, we didn't want you confusing anyone else."

Luridan is in the town block? He may be probable town, but that doesn't mean he has good ideas or won't go spouting your plans to everybody.

3&4/25

Highlights: Brienne sort of tried to dissuade us from suspicion of Ezeal, but backed down quickly. Both Brienne and Calico have top-notch senses of humor.

"Kharybdis, in tha future, please refrain from attemptin' ta kill me wi' laughter." :snicker:

"Kharybdis, in tha future, please refrain from attemptin' ta kill me wi' laughter." :snicker:

No promises, there's at least one more string of humorous references coming up. :wink:

Chrome's action was already resolved so he can't Encourage us in time for Day 2, but he seems willing to attack with us. You deal 6 damage, right? So together we do 15 plus Chromeknight's WP, which may or may not be enough for the kill. Might want to PM Obelix and ask him to chip in.
Well, if he Encourages in the Day followed by you attacking, wouldn't you be Encouraged when you attack?
Nope, it takes effect next phase.
Damn. Okay, yeah, ask him to attack Piro, and ask how much damage he'd be doing.
Chromeknight's one quiet even though he's online, maybe discussing what to do with his scumbuddies? I'll shoot Obelix a PM and ask him to help us in our attack.
Sounds good. :thumbup:
Chrome will chip in 4 damage. (Still have suspicions that it's a bus.)
Why are we asking Chromeknight to buff you if we don't trust him? How much does he know about our plans? We're going to have to present reasoning if we're going to kill Pyro in public; why aren't we just seeing who will help us then?
We plan on acting as soon as possible to prevent shenanigans, so we don't want to wait to garner support in thread in case the scum manage to somehow obstruct us. Chrome may or may not be scum but he is willing to help (possibly in order to get in on a Town block) so we're exploiting that. All he knows is that we have good reason to believe Pyrovisionary is scum due to the fact that he survived an attack that would have killed him without Cover and no sane Townie would cover him and that there will be an assault on him when the thread is posted.
It has been. You attack first.
Or Chrome, doesn't matter that much.
I'm going to send Kintobor a PM asking about the mechanics of his resurrection. In mafia games that's typically a conversion, right?
Kadabra, can you use your Bomb instead? I can attack now and we'd kill him, assuming he's got no SP.
So Kintobor replied over PM, saying:
This is exactly how Sandy described it.
Your character has been raised as an undead.That means you can post in the Day-topics again, if you like, but under certain rules:1. You are still dead, so you can no longer win the game.2. You cannot do anything except talk in the topic, you have no abilities or items and cannot get any.3. You don't have an alignment either, you only obey your necromantic master's every command.4. You should not participate in any private conversations or share information with anyone.5. In summary, don't "play" the game, just have fun.
:look::wacko: (Emphasis mine.)
Um... :wacko:
Scratch that, Kadabra. We should be good now.
So he's pretty much a tree stump but more useless since he can't contribute.
So he's pretty much a tree stump but more useless since he can't contribute.
At least he can roleplay. :grin: But I have a tough time believing PsyKater wasted his night with it.
Yep, Psykater is very high on my scum list right now, next to Etzel (who theoretically should be dead right now).
I'm assuming that it works like the normal Heroica Necromancer, and the undead acts as a multiplier or buff for PsyKater.
Oh, that could be true.
Flipz is vouching for Zakura. Do not like.
:laugh: Why the hell is Etzel outing his entire team?My new list is Flipz, Etzel, Flare, Zakura, Pyro, the two handcannoners, and probably more. But I'm pretty sure on the first five.
Hey, Pie,Just so I can be certain I know who I can trust--is that still the handcannon bullet from Day 1, or did someone else shoot you last Night?
Day 1.I'm surprised you can trust so easily so early.
It seems I can't--I told Zakura to heal you last night. :sceptic: I want to wait until he replies to the PM I sent him just now before I announce anything, but...you're sure you weren't under any effect that would make you unreachable by healing (such as my Hide ability)?Zakura seems/seemed trustworthy--hell, he spilled his complete ability list to me before Day 1 was even half over! Given his playstyle last time I played with him, I figured he was just completely incapable of lying and/or keeping a secret... :sceptic: If he was just playing me, then damn he's good at it. :look:
Hmmm.
Etzel is scummiest than pond water. Flipz I get a bad feeling from, but he could easily be telling the truth: that does seem like a thing Zakura might do. I'm hesitant to trust any Ranger types besides Legonater right now.
Esurient shares my suspicions of Etzel, Pyro, and Flipz. I agreed, and townread him, but I'm not trusting him yet.Etzel's dead today. He's broadcasting that loud and clear.
Endgame is essentially claiming to have a Telescope, right? Making sure I'm not misreading that.
I think he is? Maybe his spirits watch people for him or something?
Wait, or is he saying that he watched to see what PsyKater did? (Because a Telescope shows what happened to someone, not what they did.)
I'm pretty sure he said he was watching to see what PsyKater did, which I was unaware was different than the Telescope's description. Yeah, my guess is he gets spirits to track targets.
Damn.I'll see if he has a good explanation, and what element he tells me he has *crosses fingers that he'll read his PMs before checking the topic*. I can't see a non-Scummy reason for him to lie to me (or even to not heal you) at the moment, but there's no sense in wasting someone who can fight and heal if we don't absolutely have to.If he's a traitor, I want in on attacking him. It's the least I can do in exchange for my stupidity. :wall:
Esurient has been in contact with me, I'm townreading him right now. Not sure what's up with Flipz and Zakura. I'd bet the spirit thing is correct, since Telescope appears to be Watch not Track.
So between Kintobor PMing and Etzel posting in general and Endgame claiming a power role to reveal nothing and John Paul not reading anything, I just want to go into the thread and scream, "MEGABLOKIN' IDIOTS!". :ugh:As for Flipz, I find it odd that he thinks Scorpiox stealing from Duvors is "Interesting". It's kind of obvious that he's a big suspect who has no idea what he's doing and who could have been killed at Night, so stealing from him to get one of his useful items makes obvious sense.
I'm pretty sure Flipz knows how suspicious he is in our eyes, and is throwing Zakura under the bus to try and gain credibility.
So between Kintobor PMing and Etzel posting in general and Endgame claiming a power role to reveal nothing and John Paul not reading anything, I just want to go into the thread and scream, "MEGABLOKIN' IDIOTS!". :ugh:
Unfortunately, we can't. It's our job to sift through this crap and find scumreads. :tongue:
I have to agree. Etzel is digging his own grave right now, Duvors makes me contemplate suicide, Flipz is giving me a headache, and Captain JP is not helping at all. Ah well, such is mafia. And we consider this fun. :tongue:
I don't think I've ever seen Shadows play and post like this.
I don't think I've ever seen Shadows play and post like this.
Neither have I. Can't say if it's a play or not.
I've never played with him before. Is it possible he just is unsure of what to do due to the differences between this and mafia? It seems similar enough to me that there shouldn't be a significant change in playstyle, though.

7&8/25

Highlights: Suspicions of Chromeo, Etzel, and Shadir. Action against Ezeal. Interestingly, Brienne is the one who brings up Shadir as a suspect, long before the process of elimination thing. Possible that she knew Calico would recognize Shadir's actions as being odd and wanted to bring it up first so as not to seem odd for not bringing it up.

Good, thanks.

Lorth-Anoob does this stuff instead: She attacks Cromeo and uses her Magnifying Glass on Kharybdis.

EDIT: Wring quote, swapped it out.

Edited by Kadabra

Werther said I could save myself some time, the investigation should be good enough for the new block to get me back in. I look forward to returning to your regularly scheduled leadership. :wink:

This means you don't get to read the back-and-forth between Smeagol!Brickdoctor and Gollum!BlokDoctor, Zpilf. Too bad. :tongue:

"By all means continue if you wish if merely for the enjoyment of the group. :classic: I'm sure it will only help to support the result whatever it may be anyways."

Heck no, that'd take forever. I do wish at could at least invite some people into the PM so they could see it for themselves, though. We were very actively scum hunting and I think that you wouldn't be so quick to accuse us of being passive and following the group if you could see it, but alas, it is beyond my abilities. :sad:

I have to say that reading through these, you don't seem to be much of a leader at all. It looks like the Brienne and Calico show to me. I don't see any behavior in there that scum couldn't be faking. In fact, Brienne seems to do it better than you. And I don't see any of your actions as definitive proof that you're loyal because of that.

Maybe I'm wrong and you're just a puppet, too. I was basing my opinion on your behavior in the Hall, where you state things as if they're fact when they're not and don't really listen to anyone else.